Home Blood Pressure Monitor - Anyone Bought One In Pattaya?

rmicheald

A friend of mine has been looking for one in Pattaya; no success. To be honest, I haven't seen them in Bangkok either but that is not to say they can't be had. However, I reckon you should get yourself a couple from Walgreens while you are in the US. Get a full arm band type for home use and a wrist cuff type for traveling. Cheaper in the US than the UK so guaranteed to be cheaper than anything in LOS.

Just saw CHdivers post. That is about $85 which is way more expensive than Walgreens.

Check this out;

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/blood-pressure-monitors/ID=361299-tier3

The top models cost almost as much as the Fascino one but scroll down. I think mine was around $35. Then again, I bought it over 8 years ago!

Edited by NanLaew

Fascino have the normal arm type and looks like a new shipment of Omron wrist models just arrived at 2500 baht

The Walgreens website shows the top-range Omron's are surprisingly close to Fascino prices. Maybe the prices are close but a better selection in the US.

I just dug out my cuff-type that I bought a few years ago from Walgreens for less than 40 bucks and see it is now closer to 60 bucks.

Fascino have the normal arm type and looks like a new shipment of Omron wrist models just arrived at 2500 baht

And that one is working great.

Beware: Officially, those pieces need to be calibrated every 2 years.

Ask for this upon purchasing one.........if the shop doesn't know how or where to calibrate it, go somewhere else.

Saw them in Watsons or Boots in Central yesterday, sorry can't remember which as I went in both.

Interesting to see what they are charging for them.

I needed some support 'flight' socks before flying to the UK last month. Strangely enough, Boots and Watsons on a few locations on Sukhumvit knew what I wanted but, "Sorry, no have." Found a pharmacy on the food court level at Terminal 21 that charged a whopping 1600 baht for a pair. Told them no thanks, I will take a chance with dodging DVT this time and bought a couple of pairs in the UK for 20 quid.

I ended up buying one in a local pharmacy here in the states... $50 - Great Quality, accurate as checked with the doctors office, memory for two people etc etc... More bells and whistles than I wanted or needed, but guaranteed for 3 years and easy to use.

I ended up buying one in a local pharmacy here in the states... $50 - Great Quality, accurate as checked with the doctors office, memory for two people etc etc... More bells and whistles than I wanted or needed, but guaranteed for 3 years and easy to use.

A guy wants to buy one in Pattaya and we have endless posts about what people paid in the US and other countries.

They've always been on the shelves at Fascino and the price is the price if you live here.

I like the wrist monitor best. I have the Omron IW1 and it has been of great service for many years.

Beware if you buy and armband type as they may be too small if you have fat or big muscular arms. The wrist monitor is super easy to use. The armband type is a lot more trouble to use so once the novelty wears off you will probably not use it much.

Edited by tropo

A guy wants to buy one in Pattaya and we have endless posts about what people paid in the US and other countries.

They've always been on the shelves at Fascino and the price is the price if you live here.

I like the wrist monitor best. I have the Omron IW1 and it has been of great service for many years.

Beware if you buy and armband type as they may be too small if you have fat or big muscular arms. The wrist monitor is super easy to use. The armband type is a lot more trouble to use so once the novelty wears off you will probably not use it much.

If you would learn how to read.... I am the "guy" who posted the original post. I AM IN THE U.S. and live in Pattaya. I asked to find out the prices in Pattaya to see if I would save money by purchasing in the U.S. - WHICH I DID.

Also if you do some research, you will find that the wrist monitors are NOT AS ACCURATE as the upper arm type. google is your friend.

If you would learn how to read.... I am the "guy" who posted the original post. I AM IN THE U.S. and live in Pattaya. I asked to find out the prices in Pattaya to see if I would save money by purchasing in the U.S. - WHICH I DID.

Also if you do some research, you will find that the wrist monitors are NOT AS ACCURATE as the upper arm type. google is your friend.

I can read just fine thanks, but I suggest you read your OP as you didn't mention anything about the price of monitors in the US and asked about the price here.

I knew someone would pull me up on the wrist monitor debate (thanks). I don't need Google but it could even be your worst enemy (here we go again with this most annoying cliche - I use Bingbiggrin.png ) in this case though, as I've tested my Omron Wrist monitor against the lab armband monitor and they were very close indeed...and I've done it on more than one occasion.

There is no way, no matter what you've read on Google, that I would buy an armband monitor. As I said, the hassle of using one will not make up for a possible (and debatable) improved accuracy, and if you don't use them properly your results will be much worse.

I don't suppose you realise that blood pressure readings can fluctuate a lot throughout the day and far more than any possible accuracy variance between monitor types. A slight variance in monitor results is meaningless. Ease of use and portability is a big factor...and that's aside from the fact that all the armband monitors here are too small for my huge arms.laugh.png

I have both a cuff and an arm monitor but for ease of use prefer the cuff model every time and have to say the difference between the two readings is very small indeed.

i have a visomatic 300 hestia digital wrist band,had it over 12yrs.always works perfect,but dont take a reading if youve been out always wait an hour.cant remember how much but you can see the same one on ebay 2,656bht.

have a look in a blood lab.inderpendant not in a hospital.