Baggage Rule Of Airasia

jiangaq

I booked three tickets in one booking number on airasia website. One of people (me) will not go on the board because of some other important things to deal with(how can I cancel the tickets and how much I can refund?), but i am the only person who already booked 20kg baggage for all this group. How can I move the baggage order to the other guys?

If no way, can I go to the airport at that day and only do the check-in on the counter, but not go on the board. Is it possible for my friends successfully go out of the arrival exit in the destination airport with their baggage? just showing the airport staff with three tickets and airasia booking letter which showing three persons only buying one baggage?

So the worst scenario maybe buy another baggage order for my friends...

Any suggestions and tips for me?

This is a technically specific question that needs to be answered by the horses mouth...ie Air Asia.

so, why dont you go to the AA office next door to starbucks at Thapae or go to the AA desk in the airport and ask them direct.

All i do know is DONT go and check in and do a runner otherwise 300 pi$$ed off passengers waiting to take off will be delayed becasue the authorities are looking for you, and checking you didnt have luggage in the hold.You basically become a top security risk.

• Like 1

You will not get a refund for the ticket. No way. Read the terms and conditions on the back of the booking confirmation. I cancelled 3 tickets to KL on Air Asia one time - a good 30 days before the flight. We got the doctor's letter which they asked for. After an endless review they denied the refund saying that they thought the passengers were 'medically fit to travel'. I disputed the charge with the bank who issued my credit card. They said it would be a "slam dunk" and I would get a refund. Months went by and Air Asia responded to every step of the dispute on time. In the end they prevailed. The USA bank told me that Air Asia is one of the most aggressive vendors when it comes to disputes. They play to win.

Can't answer about the baggage.

You will not get a refund for the ticket. No way. Read the terms and conditions on the back of the booking confirmation. I cancelled 3 tickets to KL on Air Asia one time - a good 30 days before the flight. We got the doctor's letter which they asked for. After an endless review they denied the refund saying that they thought the passengers were 'medically fit to travel'. I disputed the charge with the bank who issued my credit card. They said it would be a "slam dunk" and I would get a refund. Months went by and Air Asia responded to every step of the dispute on time. In the end they prevailed. The USA bank told me that Air Asia is one of the most aggressive vendors when it comes to disputes. They play to win.

Yup ; they spent more money fighting you than what it would have cost them to refund your money. Must be a 'Face' thing !

Refund from AA, good luck. Go to your booking, you can still add on extras, they are keen for your money, you will be able to assign another passenger baggage for a fee.

AA bookings assume you arrive with no baggage, eat and drink nothing and don't want in flight enetertainment, it has grown them into a very large and successful operation. Seem to recall in the early days you were allowed a bag though.

You will get a refund of the departure tax though. That's about all you will get.

I remember last year we were flying to Canada from CNX. My wife decided that she was going to do all the booking.BKK to Canada she had no problem with any of the airlines. So she decided that Air Asia was the way to go from CNX - BKK. Talk about an airline that tries to nickel and dime you to death. If you have checked baggage xx bahts more. Want an aisle seat xx bahts more. Sorry all seats are taken except row xxx and they are xx bahts more. Sorry flight xx all booked but we have flight xx later for xx bahts more. She finally gave up and booked Thai air total cost 160 bahts more than Air Asia would have been. Actually when I think about it price was probably the same because Thai air gave us cold drinks or coffee plus a sandwich and of course food and drinks on Air Asia is xx bahts more.

International roules say ... if you check-in a luggage at your ticket and name and don't fly, airline can't start and luggage must be taken out ... this can be costly. At other side logical who check-in and fly same time when he has a bomb in the luggage? It's for your safet.

But as said in the comments above, go to your booking of all 3 and change the prepaid luggage, it will cost you some bath but less then all other tricks. rolleyes.gif

AirAsia isn't anymore a low coast carrier, rather an "rip-off" with many hidden fees.

I fly premanently BKK - HCMC for 3650 THB roundtrip with Lufthansa (2 - 3 times per week flights) in a JUmbo 747 incl. meal/snack and 23 kgs check in luggage plus 8 kgs in cabin. Same "nacked flight" without any snack cost me with AA close 7000 THB! Same on other routing, it make sense to check before book with AA because bookt is bookt no refund!!!

I would rather be treated like a human so I use Bangkok air free 20 kilo per passenger.

Sorry about the ticket but you will not get a satong back and I would doubt very highly if you can transfwer the 20 kilo baggage.

If it was Bangkok air they would look at it as free 60 kilos.

I remember last year we were flying to Canada from CNX. My wife decided that she was going to do all the booking.BKK to Canada she had no problem with any of the airlines. So she decided that Air Asia was the way to go from CNX - BKK. Talk about an airline that tries to nickel and dime you to death. If you have checked baggage xx bahts more. Want an aisle seat xx bahts more. Sorry all seats are taken except row xxx and they are xx bahts more. Sorry flight xx all booked but we have flight xx later for xx bahts more. She finally gave up and booked Thai air total cost 160 bahts more than Air Asia would have been. Actually when I think about it price was probably the same because Thai air gave us cold drinks or coffee plus a sandwich and of course food and drinks on Air Asia is xx bahts more.

Air Asia charge a 160 baht fee for booking using a credit/debit card!

If you want to fly Air Asia do it with no seat or meal selection and no checked baggage,they generally don't weigh your hand luggage!
Otherwise fly Thai Airways,it'll cost you the same with add-ons for probably the nicest flight anywhere in the world with service to match!

I would rather be treated like a human so I use Bangkok air free 20 kilo per passenger.

Sorry about the ticket but you will not get a satong back and I would doubt very highly if you can transfwer the 20 kilo baggage.

If it was Bangkok air they would look at it as free 60 kilos.

If you sign up to their frequent flyer you get 30 kilos. I had flights booked with Bangkok Air last November and couldn't take them because of medical problems. I emailed to ask whether I could have a refund and they said they don't normally give them but to send a copy of my Doctor's letter. Emailed it off to them and got the refund a few days later.

We continue to book well in advance with Air Asia and continually get great deals some 30+ flights in the last few years and barely a problem.

Use your grey matter a little and you will get the benefits. Go outside the guidelines and you are likely to get screwed,but that is a life lesson as well.