The Best Stouts For St Patrick's Day

Morakot

JBs in Shi Da Road used to sell Belhaven Stout; possibly not so convenient if you're in Thailand and don't have a time machine...

I used to like Gillespies, but I've not seen it East of Musselburgh.

I prefer Guinness to Murphy's, which I've not seen for a few years anyway, and I generally find the Asian-brewed dark beers too stickily sweet.

I'll drink a Connors from time to time, when I get fed up with the expensive German weissbeirs, if I'm across the road in the Gashaus; it's not so unpleasant when its warm, so if I'm sat outside drinking slowly, it's a good choice.

SC

If going on a pub crawl, a stout pair of walking shoes is probably best.

A tweed jacket with leather elbow pads, and similar on the knees of one's trousers, if it is to be a long pub crawl.

Don't worry about putting on weight in the course of the evening, as if you don't get stout you'll get bitter.

SC

• Like 1

If going on a pub crawl, a stout pair of walking shoes is probably best.

A tweed jacket with leather elbow pads, and similar on the knees of one's trousers, if it is to be a long pub crawl.

Sounds like good advice. Years of experiences I take it. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I'd be fine with a big bottle of Chang and a leisurely stroll down Sukhumvit, in my humble opinion.

Looks like you really know how to have a good time.

Crivvens. man its 400 kilometres long; ye'll need more than one bottle, probably.

• Like 1

I'd be fine with a big bottle of Chang and a leisurely stroll down Sukhumvit, in my humble opinion.

Looks like you really know how to have a good time.

Crivvens. man its 400 kilometres long; ye'll need more than one bottle, probably.

Don't look too hard. I'll be between Soi 6, Nana BTS, and concealing a hefty bottle of Chang.

Nice to see a bunch of response posts with comments that are irrelevant to the OP's question...

Here's one option in BKK:

attachicon.gifBeerVault BOGO for Guinness S.jpg attachicon.gifBeerVault St Patty's Food.jpg

attachicon.gifBeerVault St Patty Specials.jpg attachicon.gifBeerVault Dark Beers 2 for 1.jpg

attachicon.gifBeerVault March Specials.jpg

Thanks John! A very nice selection. Not all stouts or ales, but a really good range of beer from England and Germany.

post-58284-0-94345700-1363507867_thumb.j

Guinness and St. Patrick's day are always a good combo for me!!!

I think it's just a coincidence that this month also happens to be the dark beers special promo at the BeerVault.

Last month, as I recall, they had a special promo on various UK beers. The month before that, the promo was Rogue brand beers from the U.S.

Unfortunately, a lot of the very good beers they've been offering on their month-long promo's aren't being kept in stock/on their menu after the promo is done.

So that kinda means you gotta "get em while they're cold." biggrin.png