Does Anyone Have Any Up To Date Info Regarding The Epl Next Season?

hotandhumid

As we know truevisions have lost the rights to a crew called cable holdings, I believe (whoever the h*ll they are?) does anyone know anymore about this in terms of is this defo going ahead and what you need to buy/subscribe to to wach it etc. Are they going to be showing all the games? English presenters? Any HD channels etc? So many unanswered questions, as it's been a while now since this was announced?

Personally I can see the whole thing being an absolute nightmare. And I assume true will lose a lot of customers even though they have laughably denied this will happen.

Cheers.

I'm pretty sure that CTH (Cable Thai Holdings) are planning a big press conference to reveal all details of the coverage of EPL next season.

I'm reliably reformed that this press conference will take place some time at the end of August !!

Sorry not more help.

I'm pretty sure that CTH (Cable Thai Holdings) are planning a big press conference to reveal all details of the coverage of EPL next season.

I'm reliably reformed that this press conference will take place some time at the end of August !!

Sorry not more help.

That must be nonsense as the season will be well underway by then.

Sorry not more help.

I am very well aware of that . You have been here long enough to know how things happen. Should have added a smiley.rolleyes.gif

Sorry not more help.

So you don't remember the Euro 2012 Thai TV fiasco then?

• Like 1

I'm sure that True Visions will just pretend that they have the new season of football until they can't pretend anymore,just like the Euro 2012 disgrace!

Personally I'm going to look at IPTV set-ups for a fraction of the price of "More expensive than UK Sky-True Visions"!
Here's what I think I'm going to go for,it also has the AstroSports Channels from Malaysia so they will definitely have Premier League :

http://www.satellitetvthailand.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=31

I'm sure that True Visions will just pretend that they have the new season of football until they can't pretend anymore,just like the Euro 2012 disgrace!

Personally I'm going to look at IPTV set-ups for a fraction of the price of "More expensive than UK Sky-True Visions"!

Here's what I think I'm going to go for,it also has the AstroSports Channels from Malaysia so they will definitely have Premier League :

http://www.satellitetvthailand.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=31

Has anyone tried using this yet? Using an internet connection can have its problems in Thailand, are the programmes streamed OK. I am still mad with Truevisions for not showing F1 in HD (for Gold subscribers).

• 3 weeks later...

Valid point with regards to the current holders of the rights (TrueV). However, why are new holders (CTH) not shouting from the rooftops? If they begin to market the fact that they will have the EPL from August now, then they can attract some of the said subscribers away from True. Only 4 months to go. Am i the only one who believes something fishy is going on?

Valid point with regards to the current holders of the rights (TrueV). However, why are new holders (CTH) not shouting from the rooftops? If they begin to market the fact that they will have the EPL from August now, then they can attract some of the said subscribers away from True. Only 4 months to go. Am i the only one who believes something fishy is going on?

I think CTH have bitten off more than they can chew. They're a cable operation and don't have the infrastructure in place to connect all the homes, condos, businesses that will want to subscribe. Many condos have a communal True dish but I can't see anything equivalent with CTH in time for August.

My hope is that, no doubt at the last minute, a deal will be done with True, for them to show some of the EPL games. I fear this is wishful thinking, and EPL coverage on TV in Thailand will be very limited next season.

I think CTH have bitten off more than they can chew. They're a cable operation and don't have the infrastructure in place to connect all the homes, condos, businesses that will want to subscribe. Many condos have a communal True dish but I can't see anything equivalent with CTH in time for August.

My hope is that, no doubt at the last minute, a deal will be done with True, for them to show some of the EPL games. I fear this is wishful thinking, and EPL coverage on TV in Thailand will be very limited next season.

Probably True will show a game of their choosing a week and you'll still have to be a Gold or Plat member in order to see it!

They are now marketing themselves as The Home of Sport (snooker from China etc) and probably quite happy to have saved all the millions on the EPL.

Edited by uptheos

Probably True will show a game of their choosing a week and you'll still have to be a Gold or Plat member in order to see it!

They are now marketing themselves as The Home of Sport (snooker from China etc) and probably quite happy to have saved all the millions on the EPL.

I'd settle for that. But I think CTH will only do a deal with True if they're forced to by the government (as nearly happened with the Euro 2012 fiasco) or by the EPL, who will require CTH to have the customer base they promised when they bought the rights.

I stand to be corrected but wasn't there an article about the deal CTH had with the EPL that the rights to show the games cannot be passed on to a third party ie TRUE?

I believe that to be correct. But I also think they can go back to the EPL "discuss" ways of increasing the coverage by entering into a partnership or selling on some of the games.

I stand to be corrected but wasn't there an article about the deal CTH had with the EPL that the rights to show the games cannot be passed on to a third party ie TRUE?

Yes because I'm sure that if True offer enough money CTH will turn it down flat,won't they?rolleyes.gif

I believe that to be correct. But I also think they can go back to the EPL "discuss" ways of increasing the coverage by entering into a partnership or selling on some of the games.

Hope that's right because I'll be ditching TRUE if they lose all EPL.