If You Hate Thailand, Why Live Here ?

soi41

The question is not 'Do you hate Thailand?', it is 'Does Thailand hate you'?

Deeeeeeep, man.

That is actually a very good question thumbsup.gif Because most Thais from the lowest on the social ladder to the socalled hi-so's have a build in contemt for anything not THAI. Wonder how many farang husbands here really know, what their Thai partner is thinking of them?? w00t.gif

I wonder how many MEN really know what their female partner thinks of them.

I lived with a woman in the UK for 25 years, then discovered I didn't have a clue!

• Like 1

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Chiang mai, I can see frustration over the pollution. Compound that with living in a guesthouse, added with maybe having a bad stomach for a few weeks, and no energy to walk or travel.......I can see that being tough.

I bike 5 days a week, take thai courses, and try to walk, and I still have plenty of time to go crazy. I've been here 5 months and leaving in a few weeks, but this was too long for me. ah, but if I traveled to every town I could see it being great. but I like structure, even if it gets boring. sleep, bike, thai class, eat, walk, relax. repeat.

The real question could be, "do you hate yourself?" haha.

If I had more of disposable income, I would be far away from this bad air; however, I'll stick it out for a few more weeks. so that is not Thailand's fault.....

1. I rent a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom house in Phuket including a gardener two times a week, ADSL, 82 channel cable, 24 hour security, and a 50sqm swimming pool. The rent PER MONTH is roughly the same as I pay on a garage size business storage shed in Australia PER WEEK.

2. Vehicle registration in Australia is about 800 percent more expensive than here.

3. Utility costs are about 500 percent more expensive in OZ than there.

4. I bought chicken maryland pieces (thigh and drumstick) at Tesco this week for 39 baht a kilo.

5. Australia is currently run by a malevolent lesbian puppet...though that will change in the near future to a fascist midget.

6. And finally, here I have a lovely partner as well as two fun giks in their early twenties.

But despite all of this, I am leaving next year because of the BS I have to endure to maintain a long stay visa.

I was with you all the way until the second part of item 6...

Culture, you dont understand.......even if you are Thaitongue.png

Gotta love the people who 'hate Thais but love Thailand'. Must live in a hut deep in the jungle somewhere. With an internet connection.

yes i do although hate is a bit strong, why do you ask?? wanna see the jungle?

Heres today's interesting photo, I want to know what it becomes, thinking butterfly but who knows?

post-164799-0-18332600-1363803110_thumb.

I think Cardholder and Scottythai should have a photo taken of them giving each other a big man hug in the bar whilst holding pints. smile.png

I will probably be laying bleeding on the ground, sucking a pint of LEO through a straw ! wink.png

I think Cardholder and Scottythai should have a photo taken of them giving each other a big man hug in the bar whilst holding pints. smile.png

I will probably be laying bleeding on the ground, sucking a pint of LEO through a straw ! wink.png
Oh that made me laugh out loud. I'm sure most arguments, or differences are dispersed with when meeting for real over a pint. smile.png

Absolutely spot on. What is it about the Thailand News forum? Is it a requirement to be a total nutbag to post over there? I'll read the news from time to time, but don't even bother participating any more as all I'll do is get into a squabbling session with some Thai-hating primate (apologies to primates in general). They ought to just unplug that whole forum.

I've wondered if foreigners do that in other countries, to read the news every day and criticize the locals? I'd imagine foreigners would have lots to criticize about in America, with all that goes on there. Another gun murder? Another gang-rape? Another senator lying about something? Another religious zealot saying something offensive? More political theater? Another fatality on the roads? Another racial incident? More corrupt government officials? Debt spiraling out of control? I can go on and on. But I certainly wouldn't want to spend every single day of my life trying to find fault with my new home. But that's just me.

Sure I agree but your doing all the same things they are.. calling critics primates or nutbags. Labeling them haters. Dehumanizing them.

That hardly lifts you above the fray.

You do have a point, of course. But sometimes it's necessary to fight evil with evil. Didn't mean to sound biblical, but what can I say.

If you hate Thailand - upto you, and who cares, if it's not hurting anyone else....

Human beings all bitch sometimes. Goodness knows, Thailand is run on gossip and bitching, by it's indigenous people - if you would care to see through the smiles and language barriers, as is most of the World. It's upto you if you want to buy into it or not - the good thing about forums is you have a choice, and can ignore, or turn off the voice, aswell as have one of your own - as isn't the case in many real life scenarios.

Because of conditioning doctrine, and the fact that most people on this Planet come from little other than a long line of slaves, we are taught and pushed into being at odds with one anothers ideals, and turn to relent to bias in many situations - we always think our own ways are best, and would point the finger outwards, instead of in - we never like to admit we might be wrong. General bitching would be to vent one's own shortcomings, in many situations, and of those, we have many - just for the realisation.

I don't mind who bitches or vents about a subject, if there is obviously no malice attached - goodness knows, people generally are only relenting to the unnatural state of living they have been forced into.

I bitch and find affront at many of the social injustices I have, and still do witness here, on a regular basis - but then I have to think, is it just the interpretation derived from an instilled morality, that puts me at odds with these situations, and can I really be the judge ? Maybe I'm just the same on some level, and this train of thought comes from denial, or the fact that my conditioning would let me believe my own reflection of the human condition is somehow more justifiable, because it manifests itself in a different way, or under a different label. I'm sure I would find myself at the same odds anywhere I lived on this Planet.

What upsets me generally in life, is when people make it personal, and would seek to direct their frustrations on another, without any real premise, or justification based on anything other than aquiescence to instilled slave nature, because on a real ground, one to one level, most people's demeanour would be of an affable nature and would find connection / understanding with those whom they seek to marginalise - outside of any of the materialistic, and emotively attached traits we are taught to believe would make us better, or more human than another.. This is a dangerous control mechanism of capitalisation, a tool of our 'masters', that has metamorphasised over the Years, from the whips and flails of old, to it's current state - labelling, and the underlying sentiment doesn't change with the new and shiny, politically corrrect 'improved' one. I wish less would succumb to it's voice, and make the World the naturally good place it is..

As a fellow human being, who walked out of the same place as all of you - I would like to stop and take the time to wish you all a pleasant day.

Edited by Ackybang

Trying to overcoming cultural conditioning and rising above a slave state requires a lifetime of constant vigilant mindfulness, and with each level of success comes greater responsibility.

Both of which most people do their best to avoid and desire nothing more than ease comfort freedom from fear and pain.

Let them have their lazy pigeonholing labeling 'us and them' separation thought processes, gives them comfortable distractions from reality and lets them continue to sleep the sheep. . .

Not as if those who wake up a little bit are in any real sense "better" anyway, all comes out the same in the end, things are exactly the way they're supposed to be for the current situation.

Trying to overcoming cultural conditioning and rising above a slave state requires a lifetime of constant vigilant mindfulness, and with each level of success comes greater responsibility.

Both of which most people do their best to avoid and desire nothing more than ease comfort freedom from fear and pain.

Let them have their lazy pigeonholing labeling 'us and them' separation thought processes, gives them comfortable distractions from reality and lets them continue to sleep the sheep. . .

Not as if those who wake up a little bit are in any real sense "better" anyway, all comes out the same in the end, things are exactly the way they're supposed to be for the current situation.

I go along with this,nothing so blinded as the blind. The place is rotten to the core,comfortable living separated is akin to living in a zoo,the youtube video just about to go viral makes the whole Thai experience brought home in all its brutality Land of Smiles ugh!!!

I go along with this,nothing so blinded as the blind. The place is rotten to the core,comfortable living separated is akin to living in a zoo,the youtube video just about to go viral makes the whole Thai experience brought home in all its brutality Land of Smiles ugh!!!

-

Thanks for the agreement I think, but I certainly don't want to appear to be OK with that last bit.

There isn't any place on the planet nor classification of humanity that doesn't have a deeply ugly side, nor an ineffably beautiful one, and neither aspect defines the place or arbitrary people-classification.

Keep looking for the good and beautiful and you'll find it, choose your battles well if you want to try to fight the dark side, personally I find it best to simply ignore and avoid it most of the time.

"The way you be creates what you see".

Thailand makes for me an increasingly uncomfortable experience,be it yearly visa,90 day reporting ,rising Bat, the welcome mat being spread thinly until its all about being threadbare Have a Thai partner that is no longer allowed into Europe makes it feel as Thailand is now a prison,and my sojourns out of Thailand are getting more frequent and more prolonged

Id rather drink my San Miguel on a Lanzorete beach than here any day of the week. The endless flow of farang out of Thailand may suggest something and yes is difficult to escape the general flow of farang talk,just avoid it,keep head down and when times up do the great escape,bit diff though with roots down,(have to get the spade out)

Thailand makes for me an increasingly uncomfortable experience,be it yearly visa,90 day reporting ,rising Bat, the welcome mat being spread thinly until its all about being threadbare Have a Thai partner that is no longer allowed into Europe makes it feel as Thailand is now a prison,and my sojourns out of Thailand are getting more frequent and more prolonged

Id rather drink my San Miguel on a Lanzorete beach than here any day of the week. The endless flow of farang out of Thailand may suggest something and yes is difficult to escape the general flow of farang talk,just avoid it,keep head down and when times up do the great escape,bit diff though with roots down,(have to get the spade out)

Thank goodness ! An on-topic reply.

We've been waiting long enough.

I expect there's plenty of people in a similar condition to yourself.

Don't particularly like Thailand, but married / living with a Thai and difficult to move

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Don't particularly like Thailand, but married / living with a Thai and difficult to move

SC

Plenty of people in a "similar condition?" Like having a "Thai partner that is no longer allowed into Europe?" Yeah, we get a lot of that. In addition to marrying bargirls and serial farang-hunters, Thailand expats are also marrying terrorists. How does one get banned from a continent?

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1

The endless flow of farang out of Thailand may suggest something

Fear not, there's an endless stream of guavas waiting to get on the plane to move here, and always will.

Unfortunately they often go sour in the heat very quickly.

SC

Plenty of people in a "similar condition?" Like having a "Thai partner that is no longer allowed into Europe?" Yeah, we get a lot of that. In addition to marrying bargirls and serial farang-hunters, Thailand expats are also marrying terrorists. How does one get banned from a continent?

Perhaps it was a change in visa regulations. I din't really want to speculate - there seems little point, and I think he was expressing an emotion, rather than looking for constructive criticism and advice, so I thought I'd unleash my feminine side and resist interference or condemnation.

SC

SC

Perhaps it was a change in visa regulations. I din't really want to speculate - there seems little point, and I think he was expressing an emotion, rather than looking for constructive criticism and advice, so I thought I'd unleash my feminine side and resist interference or condemnation.

SC

All of us do need to get in touch with our feminine side from time to time. Well done Cowboy!

Fear not, there's an endless stream of guavas waiting to get on the plane to move here, and always will.

Sad but true. For every disgruntled farang that leaves, two comes to take his place. The cycle of whining/whinging never ends!

• Like 1

Flights to Spain are quite reasonable at the moment.

Sad but true. For every disgruntled farang that leaves, two comes to take his place. The cycle of whining/whinging never ends!

For me personally,its entrapment,try getting the girlfriend(not bar type) or wife into the EEC now. The UK was not on my planned for destinations,but Canaries was,and still is.Wonderful climate,wonderful place for retirement. Not the Baht strength for me,got more than enough to carry me through to the next lifetime,but the general attitude of Thailand for me anyway its getting oppressive. I feel sorry for a Thai woman closing on 50 ,taken care of Farang all these years and the rug gets pulled.

Now for those who "love" Thailand yes, you have to protect your thinking pattern,anything that rocks your boat,rocks your world,glad thoughts of getting deep into Thailand by buying this and that years ago evaporated on the bar stool,the packed suitcase at the end of the bed acted as a sort of anti-depressant

For me personally,its entrapment,try getting the girlfriend (not bar type) or wife into the EEC now.

-

Please explain in detail, no idea what you might be trying to express here.

-

-

I feel sorry for a Thai woman closing on 50, taken care of Farang all these years and the rug gets pulled.

-

If her long-term farang hubby hasn't provided for her long-term care when he pulls the plug, then yes, feel sorry for both of them.

Most of my friends in this unfortunate situation have done so, some more voluntarily than others. wink.png

For me personally,its entrapment,try getting the girlfriend (not bar type) or wife into the EEC now.

-

-

-

>I feel sorry for a Thai woman closing on 50, taken care of Farang all these years and the rug gets pulled.

-

If her long-term farang hubby hasn't provided for her long-term care when he pulls the plug, then yes, feel sorry for both of them.

Most of my friends in this unfortunate situation have done so, some more voluntarily than others. wink.png

Sat down more than a few times with visa"experts",getting visa for EEC is on a par with the UK ,if not harder. Anyway plan A takes off soon,buying the adobe in Canaries,which as suggested as more than necessary move to getting consideration for Thai companion/wife accompaniment (yes, I do like being looked after)

At the end of the day another day spent in Thailand is another day wasted,just want an end to the nightmare,was washed up on these shores,no choice,just want out now

-

-

-

>I feel sorry for a Thai woman closing on 50, taken care of Farang all these years and the rug gets p

ulled.

-

Sat down more than a few times with visa"experts",getting visa for EEC is on a par with the UK ,if not harder. Anyway plan A takes off soon,buying the adobe in Canaries,which as suggested as more than necessary move to getting consideration for Thai companion/wife accompaniment (yes, I do like being looked after)

At the end of the day another day spent in Thailand is another day wasted,just want an end to the nightmare,was washed up on these shores,no choice,just want out now

It is not difficult getting a visa for the UK - it took me 9 days ???

Visa requirements have been ratcheted up,anyway no way I want to live in the UK any more,need European visa for Thai partner

Travelled up and down the Costa's,makes depressing viewing,but those villas sure look cheap, but it is climate that I'm looking for, likened to paradise that warm breeze in Canaries and yes cheapo flights to sp