No Visa Extension Needed For Children Below 15Years Old?

I had recently extended my children's visa to match my 2nd 1 year extension. My whole family has visas, including 3 kids in school. Seems my wife had been told by some of the parents of my kids' schoolmates that children below 15 years old are not requred to have a visa rextension? Even the foreign teachers witth kids in the schoiol id daying and praticising the ssame. But would these kids not be saying in Thailand illegally while their parents are OK?

Or is it a case of when the visa expired, it is not a problem if the kids do not follow their parents to extend their visa? Seems there have been cases where the parents and kids could return to their home country for a holiday and then return. The kids had not problem to leave the country and then come back. Any reasons for this? If this is allowed, then why am I extending visas for my young kids and pay all the exetnsion fees?

Can anyone englighten me? Thanks

Children below 14 years of age are not fined for overstay, just get an overstay note in the passport. This is apparently not documented on the website of the Immigration Bureau. Next to you have business at your immigration office you can ask an immigration officer about it and he will confirm it to you. However, when you fly from abroad to Thailand you should get visas for your children as otherwise the airline may refuse boarding.

As said it is policy not to fine children - but it is overstay and normally will be marked in passport as such (without any repercussions). But the only cost is the visa/extension/re-entry and not using would still require a visa for return travel suspect it may be worthwhile, even with three, to keep everyone legal if not a major financial consideration. Suspect being legal could be important for some activities but no knowledge (although believe some school require valid status for enrollment).

As said it is policy not to fine children - but it is overstay and normally will be marked in passport as such (without any repercussions). But the only cost is the visa/extension/re-entry and not using would still require a visa for return travel suspect it may be worthwhile, even with three, to keep everyone legal if not a major financial consideration. Suspect being legal could be important for some activities but no knowledge (although believe some school require valid status for enrollment).

Question: They are not charged for overstay, but what happens if the BIB stop them for some reason and find out that they have overstayed?

Yes, this is my main concern. If the kids grow up and decided this is also the place they want to call home. what would be the reprcussions of having overstayed for long periods and have these documented in their passports?

Don't believe that is a real problem as children are dependents and released to parents AFAIK. But as with anything in violation of law there could be exceptions.

But if alone, they could be detained? Not a real pleasant experience for a young child especially if they don't speak the language.

There is not likely to be repercussions and it is a general policy and often listed as such at immigration points. But to me staying legal would be a small price to pay to avoid any possibility of some future knee-jerk action.

There is not likely to be repercussions and it is a general policy and often listed as such at immigration points. But to me staying legal would be a small price to pay to avoid any possibility of some future knee-jerk action.

Agree. it's not worth saving a bit now and potentially cause problems for them when they grow up