Fair Price ? 3.5 Rai For 1.8 Million, Outside Of Se Ka

The buyer is considering building a small hotel on this land. It is on the main road. The land is 10 km outside of Se Ka, which is a small town near the Loas boarder. Any potential in

investing in this deal ? It sounds expensive to me but I don't really know the current prices. Thank you

Patience OP. Soon our realestate experts in Patts will wake up and check the listprices for land in Se Ka ! whistling.gif

Better invest your money in a bar, at least you will have fun, whilst losing your money cheesy.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seka_District

some info about the district.

I live in Issan, (Ubon Ratchathani). In my opinion, currently the land prices are highly inflated and not worth buying unless you really

want it and afford the asking price. I see several 500K baht per rai here in Ubon, not in town but within the 10km Ubon perimeter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seka_District

some info about the district.

I live in Issan, (Ubon Ratchathani). In my opinion, currently the land prices are highly inflated and not worth buying unless you really

want it and afford the asking price. I see several 500K baht per rai here in Ubon, not in town but within the 10km Ubon perimeter.

Thank you for your info. I also share your opinion. I think the recent Large rise in Thai land prices was caused by the rubber tree craze. Everyone wanted to own rubber trees. Now that the price of rubber is way down, maybe the land prices will start to cool off. Maybe.

everyone is saying a bubble is coming, otherwise 250k to 500k per rai. If it has a road and access to electric it makes a difference. Two years ago 1km from town flat and raised land with road and electric I paid 350k a rai for 2 rai.

everyone is saying a bubble is coming, otherwise 250k to 500k per rai. If it has a road and access to electric it makes a difference. Two years ago 1km from town flat and raised land with road and electric I paid 350k a rai for 2 rai.

Thanks for your info....I understand about the 'bubble' talk. It may or may not ever happen.

Was this land near a small or big town? Can you mention the name of the town so I have a idea of where you are talking about ?

where I live in Central Thailand the going price of good farm land on tarred road with electricity and water is 100,000 rai...it can be less if 20 or more rai are bought or if the land is only good for a certain type of farm ie sugarcane then its about 50,000 a rai...I think these sort of quoted prices in Issan are for all the people that know no better...I have heard this from all over Thailand where westerners are wanting to buy land (through a Thai partner of course)..or a westerner is trying to sell land or house etc etc...terribly overpriced..and yet people who know no better think its cheap and still buy it...you only have to look at some of these Real estate websites in English to see what sort of prices they are asking...I looked the other day for my area and sure enough land where nobody would want it (ie because it can flood, or no water or no good for farming.) was asking anything from 350,000 to 500,000 a rai ...so go figure...like everything here one price for Westerners and another for the locals...best bet ask a local not a westerner...good luck...

where I live in Central Thailand the going price of good farm land on tarred road with electricity and water is 100,000 rai...it can be less if 20 or more rai are bought or if the land is only good for a certain type of farm ie sugarcane then its about 50,000 a rai...I think these sort of quoted prices in Issan are for all the people that know no better...I have heard this from all over Thailand where westerners are wanting to buy land (through a Thai partner of course)..or a westerner is trying to sell land or house etc etc...terribly overpriced..and yet people who know no better think its cheap and still buy it...you only have to look at some of these Real estate websites in English to see what sort of prices they are asking...I looked the other day for my area and sure enough land where nobody would want it (ie because it can flood, or no water or no good for farming.) was asking anything from 350,000 to 500,000 a rai ...so go figure...like everything here one price for Westerners and another for the locals...best bet ask a local not a westerner...good luck...

I agree with you 100%. I think that prices are WAY overpriced but as long as there is someone to continue to buy at these high prices, the prices might still go up even higher.

• Like 1

To the OP

If you head east From Seka 9 kms to Bueng Khong Long the place near the big Reservoir and visit the Pitstop bar owned by a Dutch guy called Peter ( Most people in the village would know the exact location) you will find a clientele of about 10 to 15 farangs from the surrounding area who frequent his bar (Not all at the same time) a number of them have houses and wives who own Rubber tree land and i would imagine that they could be a good source of land price inquiries.

Regards

TB

To the OP

If you head east From Seka 9 kms to Bueng Khong Long the place near the big Reservoir and visit the Pitstop bar owned by a Dutch guy called Peter ( Most people in the village would know the exact location) you will find a clientele of about 10 to 15 farangs from the surrounding area who frequent his bar (Not all at the same time) a number of them have houses and wives who own Rubber tree land and i would imagine that they could be a good source of land price inquiries.

Regards

TB

Thanks for that info.

To the OP

Regards

TB

Do you know if Pitstop is open at Songkran? Every time i have been there its been closed. i will be there for Songkran this year.