Replacement Macbook Battery

Hawkman

My MacBook's (2007/8 model) battery has started to expand big time, so I desperately need to replace.

I've done a bit of searching online but I'm looking for a more recent update if anyone has one.

I know I can get a replacement battery from MacCenter in Siam Discovery, but with tight funds at the moment, I would "prefer" not to spend out 6,000 baht on a new one (very frustrating that Apple won't let other Apple Stores deliver overseas, as you can pick one up in US or Hong Kong for half that price).

What I want to know if anyone has any recommendations buying replacements or copies from somewhere like Fortune Tower or Pantip and if reliable or not and its price. OR, if it's just best to put my pride away and pay 6k for the MacCenter one.

Any helpful replies, much appreciated. And no, I won't get one on warranty.

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Got in done in UK - they ordered the battery - (genuine part) it came AM the next day and took 20 minutes to get it fitted.

It is such a sad reflection on Thailand that with any kind of customer service related to just about any product they simply can't be arsed to set up a proper customer service system.

You mentioned FortuneTown. The iStore (not official apple store) does stock or can order OEM apple parts at 2/3 to 1/2 the price of iStudio (there's also iStudio there). See this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/500287-macbook-rechargeable-battery/

Fortune Mall is on the MRT rail station Phra Ram 9 (rama 9) and MRT connects with BTS if needed.

You mentioned FortuneTown. The iStore (not official apple store) does stock or can order OEM apple parts at 2/3 to 1/2 the price of iStudio (there's also iStudio there). See this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/500287-macbook-rechargeable-battery/

Fortune Mall is on the MRT rail station Phra Ram 9 (rama 9) and MRT connects with BTS if needed.

I would be VERY suspicious of anyone offering "genuine" mac parts at discount prices

Edited by wilcopops