Video Of Men Brutally Beating Women Draws Ire Of Thai Netizens

webfact

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a good look AEC countries. This is what you get when you come to this country. You have Thai employers showing their "power" over Myanmar women hoping to get a job in Thailand. These women are hoping to get jobs in Thailand thinking that the new AEC would make Thailand a more business friendly country. THINK AGAIN! I had this video translated so I know all of the conversations.

Why do you think Thai women prefer foreigners?

They pay more money?

Take a good look AEC countries. This is what you get when you come to this country. You have Thai employers showing their "power" over Myanmar women hoping to get a job in Thailand. These women are hoping to get jobs in Thailand thinking that the new AEC would make Thailand a more business friendly country. THINK AGAIN! I had this video translated so I know all of the conversations.

Why do you think Thai women prefer foreigners?

They pay more money?

Not to get too far off topic.

I have found that Thai women go after a Thai guy's money just as hard as a foreigner's money. They are just more successful with foreigners.

"Draws Ire Of Thai Netizens".

This is a part of Thai culture. Why are Thai "netizens" disturbed? Every Thai understands this. Thais are upset because everyone can see this for real.

Remember: Thai culture is controlled by Thai guy.

Once again we are projecting our values. We have to remeber that we are quest in Thailand

"Draws Ire Of Thai Netizens".

This is a part of Thai culture. Why are Thai "netizens" disturbed? Every Thai understands this. Thais are upset because everyone can see this for real.

Remember: Thai culture is controlled by Thai guy.

Once again we are projecting our values. We have to remeber that we are quest in Thailand

Not really. Just observing my surroundings. The more we understand, the more we can avoid problems while we stay here. Thailand is evolving very rapidly and we need to be paying attention.

I started watching this but had to walk away and calm down before viewing to the end of the beating. It's many a year since I've thrown a punch but watching those males beating defenseless women like that really made me feel like dishing out the same to them.

• Like 1

I started watching this but had to walk away and calm down before viewing to the end of the beating. It's many a year since I've thrown a punch but watching those males beating defenseless women like that really made me feel like dishing out the same to them.

I chose to not even watch it, as I knew the images would be disturbing.

But as the rose colored glasses brigade often post, things like this

happen around the world so no problem if it happens here...

• Like 2

So disgusted by these sickening acts that you just HAD to post the video?

If you clicked 'play' on that video then claimed to be repelled by it, you're a hypocritical, curtain-twitching voyeur. It's contents were spelled out in 40-point bold text. Why did you watch it?

Edited by RogueLeader
  • Like 2

It's tragic that these males (not real men as we commonly understand) feel the need to gang up on poor defenseless women.

As the mod said, generalizations are unfair as any males from any country could have been involved in this scenario.

The Burmese males in the video were acting as "caretakers" of the women? Indeed!

Seeing this just makes me very angry as I am sure it does most of us.

Problem is what can/will be done about it? Answer: Probably nothing.

Not using the services of these ladies, or any prostitute, would be a step in the right direction!

Amazing comment.ermm.gif

So let's assume the girls were planning on working in a fish plant or shrimp peeling facility, this story has absolutely nothing to do with the oldest profession in the world but plenty to do with violence against women and frankly any kind of violence.

Don't digress into the 'evils' of prostitution and all that.

This is simply mindless violence and intimidation against captive females. Doesn't matter where they come from. This just happens to be a rare video of the action, much like the video where a woman was filmed beating a child.

• Like 1

I've witnessed 3 times men beating woman in Bangkok in the middle of the busy streets, and people just walk by as nothing is happening, <deleted>???

I would love to put that guy to sleep with a mata-leão choke right there... but I would end up being beat up by other thais as well.

that's Bangkok thou, in the south of thailand no man would dare to do so...

Makes something of a mockery of the posts on yesterdays topic about the Dutch man that Thais never attack another unless provoked.

Perhaps these poor defenceless women could not earn enough cash for these pimps, if that's what they are, but being beaten black and blue is certainly not going to endear them to potential customers

My wife of 11 years still thinks that one day I will beat her up and this distresses me. During our time together I have laid harsh words on her twice and then not at length. It seems that maybe Thai women expect to be beaten or that they think it is normal behaviour, certainly her Thai 'husband' smacked her around at times. Her sister was also beaten more than once by her husband unknown to me. The last occasion was in front of his 6 year old daughter who promptly disowned him and told him to leave. He did just that, which saved me a job.

• Like 2

It's tragic that these males (not real men as we commonly understand) feel the need to gang up on poor defenseless women.

As the mod said, generalizations are unfair as any males from any country could have been involved in this scenario.

The Burmese males in the video were acting as "caretakers" of the women? Indeed!

Seeing this just makes me very angry as I am sure it does most of us.

Problem is what can/will be done about it? Answer: Probably nothing.

Not using the services of these ladies, or any prostitute, would be a step in the right direction!

Amazing comment.ermm.gif

So let's assume the girls were planning on working in a fish plant or shrimp peeling facility, this story has absolutely nothing to do with the oldest profession in the world but plenty to do with violence against women and frankly any kind of violence.

Don't digress into the 'evils' of prostitution and all that.

This is simply mindless violence and intimidation against captive females. Doesn't matter where they come from. This just happens to be a rare video of the action, much like the video where a woman was filmed beating a child.

Quite right.

And even more, there was a post or article a while back, discussing a humanitarian organization, taking girls out of the prostitution circle, was in Northern Thailand.

One so-called prostitute was suggesting to this organization to go help somewhere else. As now these ladies had no money to send their children to school.

In addition, many long standing relationships started in this fashion, going out for one night....

Prostitution here does not carry the same stigma as it does back home... Might very well be a good reason for that....

Apart from the ire of netizens is there any government ire backed by a police response to the event?

A very good question.

I don't know much about Coconuts Bangkok but these types of reports never seem to be followed up by the media (if indeed Coconuts is classified as such). I'd like to see some justice (or payback) for these neanderthals.

Switch your TV on everynight at 8.30pm and watch channel 7.. men hit women everyday on the soap operas so its not surprising they do it in real life as they watch the garbage everyday...

Never watch that shit,,,the misses loves the soaps, I tend to pop out for a beer at that time, thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

For whatever reason is there's a saying goes,if you beat a woman then you're a coward.Being born as a women in third world countries India,Pakistan,Bangladesh,Nepal,can be unfortunate but Thailand should't be included..They are probably pimps or Magda, life's depending much on other people's money.Most of the pimps comes from such background.Beating women is part of their job.This girls have to make money just to satisfy their drinking and gambling habits,i suppose.While watching this video i was imagining if someone had a gun and just came in and shot them off.Would be a bloody good lessons for this rest of Thais or Burmese to watch.Even animals have a standard of diplomacy.Seriously all this got to do with religion and upbringing..No wonder they treat women that way

Edited by metisdead
: Font