Angered By Cyber Attacks, Ptt Says Shinawatra Clan Holds Only 0.002% Of Shares

webfact

Angered by cyber attacks, PTT says Shinawatra clan holds only 0.002% of shares
By English News

1363657642809.jpg

BANGKOK, March 19 – PTT Plc, Thailand’s state-run oil and natural gas conglomerate, has categorically ruled out attacks against its operations on social networks, charging that widespread criticism against the enterprise were politically motivated.

PTT President Pailin Chuchotttaworn, accompanied by PTT's chief financial officer Surong Bulakul, told a press conference on Monday that the online allegations against the company were distorted, adding that the Shinawatra family’s share ownership in PTT represented only 0.002 per cent of the firm's total 2.85 billion shares.

The family’s ownership in PTT shares has no significant meaning in relation to the company’s operations or management, he said.

He said the attacks against PTT have escalated in light of the Energy Ministry’s imminent decision to adjust prices of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and natural gas for vehicles (NGV).

Thailand's LPG and NGV prices are unrealistically low and the Oil Fund currently must bear the financial burden of the Bt17 billion loss. PTT subsidised last year’s losses by Bt10 billion for LPG and Bt24 billion for NGV, he said.

“Around 300,000-400,000 vehicles run on NGV and one million others on LPG. If NGV and LPG prices remain the same, PTT’s financial burden will worsen. The state enterprise needs to make profit to make financial contributions to the government which uses them for 67 million Thai people,” he said.

He said the online criticisms failed to mention the fact that PTT’s profit was only 3.7 per cent of the Bt2.79 trillion revenue and profit from oil business was only Bt15 billion while major revenues were generated from subsidiary businesses.

Mr Pailin said PTT would not take legal action against those who distorted the fact, but affirmed that the Bt366 billion five-year investment plan for national energy stability will move on.

The government holds 67 per cent of PTT shares while the remaining units belong to more than 50,000 shareholders. PTT has generated Bt520 billion for the country in the last 11 years and delivered Bt61.284 billion in taxes and dividends to the state last year, Mr Pailin said.

Permanent secretary for energy Norkhun Sitthipong said the Energy Policy and Planning Office and the Mineral Fuels Department were instructed to release fact sheets on Thailand’s energy landscape to the media, including online media.

He ruled out Mr Pailin’s speculation that the online criticisms were related to imminent increase of LPG and NGV prices, saying the adjustment will be gradual with assistance measures for low-income consumers. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-03-19

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinawatra family’s share ownership in PTT represented only 0.002 per cent of the firm's total 2.85 billion shares.

Oh dear looks like they will giving them shares up then....Our man in dubai's idiot mouth piece has put his foot in it again...

what did say only yesterday they dont own a single share

Noppadol who is the family lawyer states that the Thaksin clan had no shares in P.T.T. Yet again we hear more lies from the Thaksin truth fabrication company.

As already noted by Buchholz ( post # 7 ) it is indeed a fortunate set of circumstances that one of Thaksins previous puppets in now in charge at P.T.T.

Wonderful redundancy payment for a barred puppet politician and an expert brown nosing acolyte is it not ?

• Like 2

.002% of 2.85 billion = 57,000. I noticed they didn't name the owner of these shares.

5.7 million shares isn't it?

I typed into google "what is .002% of 2.85 billion". came back 57,000.

So who gets the shares + 100 million THB since it was stated yesterday that the family had ZERO shares in PTT, which is not the same as 0.002 per cent?

No-one, because allegedly Thaksin personally doesn't own any shares, the rest of the family does, apparently.

.002% of 2.85 billion = 57,000. I noticed they didn't name the owner of these shares.

No, 57,000.

Mr.Moruya is correct.2,850,000,000 x 0.002% = 5,700,000 or 5.7 million shares.

From`not 1 single share` to 5.7 million in 24 hours,they have been busy.

So who gets the shares + 100 million THB since it was stated yesterday that the family had ZERO shares in PTT, which is not the same as 0.002 per cent?

No-one, because allegedly Thaksin personally doesn't own any shares, the rest of the family does, apparently.

That wasn't the deal that was stipulated.

He declared that if any of the Shinawatra Klan had shares

Noppadol Pattama, a legal advisor to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, flatly denied the rumour that Thaksin and his family hold a share in PTT Plc, the national oil and gas company.

Thaksin would transfer all (said) shares in PTT to the person on top of a Bt100 million giveaway

The person at PTT who broke the news, once he fulfills the other condition of the bet, "evidence could be produced", is entitled to the 100,000,000.00 Baht of Thaksin's "family" money PLUS the shares.

Speaking of the value of the shares involved ( subject to the 57,000 shares being the correct number ) multiplied by the value of the stock share today (339 Baht) = an additional 19,323,000.00 Baht for the lucky PTT guy (or gal).

No, 57,000.

Mr.Moruya is correct.2,850,000,000 x 0.002% = 5,700,000 or 5.7 million shares.

From`not 1 single share` to 5.7 million in 24 hours,they have been busy.

LOL... ok, whatever is ever ultimately decided upon....

if it is 5.7 million,

then that's over 2 Billion Baht (the hundred million plus1,932,300,000 in stock) for the REAL LUCKY ptt employee. ohmy.png

(hurry up though and secure and preserve that condition.... "evidence is produced".... it's worth a lot of money either way the arithmetic turns out)

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

That wasn't the deal that was stipulated.

He declared that if any of the Shinawatra Klan had shares

>.

Noppadol Pattama, a legal advisor to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, flatly denied the rumour that Thaksin and his family hold a share in PTT Plc, the national oil and gas company.

Thaksin would transfer all (said) shares in PTT to the person on top of a Bt100 million giveaway

The person at PTT who broke the news, once he fulfills the other condition of the bet, "evidence could be produced", is entitled to the 100,000,000.00 Baht of Thaksin's "family" money PLUS the shares.

Speaking of the value of the shares involved ( subject to the 57,000 shares being the correct number ) multiplied by the value of the stock share today (339 Baht) = an additional 19,323,000.00 Baht for the lucky PTT guy (or gal).

Over 4 million USD is not a bad return for a few minutes search of the stock holders data base.

According to the SET the listed common stock is 2,856,299,625 which would suggest the figure is indeed 57,126 shares being 0,002%.

I think wai.gif

The top 14 holders, again on the SET bottom out at 0.52% evaluated at 14,880,417 common stock.

Edited by A_Traveller

No, 57,000.

(.002% / 100) * 2.85 billion = 57,000. Need to convert the percent to the ratio. Eg. 1/10 = .1 * 100 = 10%

By the by the zero holding statement yesterday did strike me as really dumb, since a} it didn't clarify [at least in translation] the reach of family and b} anyone who has a Thai focused or based unit [mutual] fund based investment running [let alone a family wide distributed investment pool] would almost be by definition hold some PTT common stock.

However on the bright side at least in a world of change one thing remains true, the inability of Noppadol Pattama to do his job correctly.

According to the SET the listed common stock is 2,856,299,625 which would suggest the figure is indeed 57,126 shares being 0,002%.

I think wai.gif

The top 14 holders, again on the SET bottom out at 0.52% evaluated at 14,880,417 common stock.

Not wishing to be pedantic but 0.002% of 2,856,299,625 = 5,712,599 or 5.712 million shares.

What kind of calculator are you using?

Edited by dundee48

A billion varies depending where you are from. If your country uses the short scale eg UK and USA it is 1 followed by 9 zeroes. If it's the long scale it's 1 followed by 12 zeroes.

although you are correct the UK and US did have different defintions of 1 billion, if memory serves, believe the UK officially adopted the US definition some time back..

• Like 1

This doesn't bode well for Yingluck's asset declaration. I'm guessing she "forgot" to disclose her PTT shares as well as the loans reported on recently.

It must be high time to officially elevate the Shinawatra clan above the pesky rule of law that is persistently thwarting their efforts to reign successfully.

I typed into google "what is .002% of 2.85 billion". came back 57,000.

My maths teacher would have whacked me on the back of my head with a heavy wooden ruler for forgetting the % part.

It is indeed a paltry 57,000 shares

• Like 2

I think wai.gif

Not wishing to be pedantic but 0.002% of 2,856,299,625 = 5,712,599 or 5.712 million shares.

Your calculation shows 0.002 x 2,856,299,625= 5,712,599 BUT you have to divide again by 100 because it is percentage.

In fact it's 0.00002 X ..... = 57,125 shares

wai.gif

• Like 2

I think wai.gif

Your calculation shows 0.002 x 2,856,299,625= 5,712,599 BUT you have to divide again by 100 because it is percentage.

wai.gif

You guys are causing me to increase my Leo input today trying to understand this. How about five or six more posts please. burp.gif

I think wai.gif

wai.gif

I humbly apologise,you are of course correct.