Android Contacts Slow To Load

sabaijai

I have the same issue with my Galaxy note and have googled this issue for ages.

No real results I could find.

Edit : It has to do something with cache as it is only the first time each day I use the phone function.

I have recently installed JB which is lightning fast, but for the contacts list still the same issue.

Edited by jbrain

What version of Android?

Did Contacts/Messages ever load acceptably in the past?

You say it happens "often", but not every time? If you re-start the phone do COntacts/Messages open acceptably?

There are a few threads on XDA: example: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1726144

Maybe too many apps. are open?

Ice Cream Sandwish, 4.2 I think.

Yes both People and Messages used to open OK. It has got worse over the last four months. It does not happen every time. It doesn't seem related to how many apps I have open.

Im using an s3 running the latest jelly bean and contacts seems to take just shy of 3 seconds to load.

Whats funny is my iphone 4 which has halg the processing power and ram does this in less than half the time.

My iphone 5 should arrive soon. Cant wait to get rid of this thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what to say, I have both an SGS1 (single core, older phone) running Android 4.2.2 (pretty much stock Google) and an SGS2 running 4.2.2 (Nexus+GApps).

Both load contacts, messages, really any app. in less time can I can say "one mississippi". All other screen/user interface actions appear instantaneous, perhaps too fast as I often scroll past what I am looking for.

I know a lot of people running Android who have the same issues I do with People and Messages, so it appears to be endemic to the operating system. I've googled for hours trying to find a solution, so far no luck.

It does seem to make a difference which hardware you're running. A couple of people said Nexus phones run Android the best, since that's the manufacturer Google uses to produce phones at the moment (in the past HTC and others have had this distinction). So I'm thinking of shopping around for a Nexus.

I know a lot of people running Android who have the same issues I do with People and Messages, so it appears to be endemic to the operating system. I've googled for hours trying to find a solution, so far no luck.

It does seem to make a difference which hardware you're running. A couple of people said Nexus phones run Android the best, since that's the manufacturer Google uses to produce phones at the moment (in the past HTC and others have had this distinction). So I'm thinking of shopping around for a Nexus.

My +2 year old Nexus S (built by Samsung) also has the same issues as the OP has reported as well as slow launching of some other apps. I have a thread running about a good backup app as I read advice on a droid tech forum that a factory reset should be done on your phone after each OTA update. Maybe that blows the cobwebs out as I am pretty sure that most users have either loads of unused apps installed or have uninstalled a fair few rubbish ones. Maybe some uninstallers don't do a thorough job?

Im using an s3 running the latest jelly bean and contacts seems to take just shy of 3 seconds to load. Whats funny is my iphone 4 which has halg the processing power and ram does this in less than half the time. My iphone 5 should arrive soon. Cant wait to get rid of this thing. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm running an SGS3 with Ultima ROM 11.0 and it loads my 2,500+ contacts in under a second, using the DW contacts app.

Im using an s3 running the latest jelly bean and contacts seems to take just shy of 3 seconds to load. Whats funny is my iphone 4 which has halg the processing power and ram does this in less than half the time. My iphone 5 should arrive soon. Cant wait to get rid of this thing. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm running an SGS3 with Ultima ROM 11.0 and it loads my 2,500+ contacts in under a second, using the DW contacts app.

that info doesn't really help in any way, but thanks.