Email Recommendations?

boppia

Yahoo and Hotmail seem to be the most popular sites with free email that I know of. Are there any good alternatives to them? Are there any rising stars out there which offer better services for free? How about local email? Are there any in Thailand?

Yahoo and Hotmail seem to be the most popular sites with free email that I know of. Are there any good alternatives to them? Are there any rising stars out there which offer better services for free? How about local email? Are there any in Thailand?

I like Gmail it's free and has Pop support and 2,5 GB storage too

rcm :o

Prefer gmail to the others except you can not send an .exe type file without a bit of a fiddle to hide it.

Yahoo and Hotmail insist on adding a line or two of advert to the e-mails they send.

Mind Gmail reads your e-mail and can provide tageted adverts, not that I have had any yet.

Prefer gmail to the others except you can not send an .exe type file without a bit of a fiddle to hide it.

Yahoo and Hotmail insist on adding a line or two of advert to the e-mails they send.

Mind Gmail reads your e-mail and can provide tageted adverts, not that I have had any yet.

I use Hotmail, Yahoo, company business account, personal web site email and Gmail.

Yahoo is a pain when trying to download umpteen attachments, about five click and waits for each item so I just forward the email to one of my Hotmail accounts. All the items can then be dragged & dropped to my desktop.

I like Hotmail because it is so easy to integrate with Outlook Express.

Gmail is simple, has a good search facility, also good for the vast storage. I use it for storing personal references, passwords, etc. I did have a "Gmail Drive" on my computer which alllowed one to drag and drop items to be automatically sent to Gmail but have not used it for a long time.

A Gmail account is only available by invitation. If you would like an invitation send me a personal message with your current email and I will send you the invite.

Cheers,

John_Betong

A Gmail account is only available by invitation. If you would like an invitation send me a personal message with your current email and I will send you the invite.

Cheers,

John_Betong

Looks like G-mail is going to beta forever! Whassup with that??

I am happy with yahoo.

For hotmail: I don't know the situation now, but before maybe 2 years ago, if customer did not pay I gave the hotmail adress to my friend in former east germany and got 1 day later the login, but I don't know most probably they repaired that problem already.

For confidential things I would keep my fingers away from hotmail anyway.

Since Gmail came out I hardly look back.

Easiest to manage, works well with other problems. The only issues I've had so far were of my own illiteracy, and not the program.

It is still under development, but you can rest assured gmail will be/remain at the top of the line, for free email providers.

pm me for an invite, if you can't get in.

I'm a Luddite who started with free Yahoo in 1997, and have been paying them $30 and now $20 every year for the extras. Works for me, and I understand it. But yes, downloading photos takes forever, not to mention all those clicks (somebody else already mentioned it). Now my home PC can't do Yahoo properly, but it works fine in the internet shops.

I really need to send a photo to a doctor in Bangkok, and my home PC won't do it. I guess I download the photo(s) to a CD, take the CD to the internet shop, and try to download it there and send it to BKK. Should that work?

I have had problems with Yahoo lately and Yahoo says there is no problem that they can see. I went so far as to open a new Yahoo identity and still had problems. Hot-mail is not that great either. Gmail has been flawless for about six months now. No SPAM, no problems, great search capability for existing emails and HUGE storage. I'm VERY happy with Gmail.

I did subscribe to MSN Plus and it sucked. I had a TERRIBLE time cancelling the account. In fact I cancelled the credit card and told them to stick MSN Plus up where the sun doesn't shine. I think MSN took lessons from AOL to learn how to scam customers to pay for a product that stinks.

Another good feature of Gmail is you can set the language to a lot of different languages, including Thai. So you can refer your Thai friends and they can have the instructions and things in Thai.

The only downside is the features aren't the same with different languages so you lose some features in Thai, like being able to instant message through the main page.