Application

I am filling out an application for an O-A retirement visa here in Hawaii. I will be going to the Consulate with all the paperwork which I have ready in a couple of days. I will not be moving for a month and a half but I want to make sure I have visa in hand and I have to fly to a different island to get it. Safe than sorry.

Question is, there is a line for date of arrival and flight number on the visa application. what if the date changes by a few days either way. Will it still be good? Will they hassle me at the airport upon arrival?

thanks in advance

Question is, there is a line for date of arrival and flight number on the visa application. what if the date changes by a few days either way. Will it still be good? Will they hassle me at the airport upon arrival?

Your visa will be valid from the date it is issued by the consulate so the actual date of the flight does not matter.

If you are actually going to the consulate, leave the line blank, if they query it ask them what to put as you haven't booked your flight yet.

The only thing to watch on arrival is that you put the visa number in the space on the arrival card and you check that the nice immigration man/lady has stamped you in for the full 12 month period allowed by an o-a visa. It is possible to fix incorrect stamps after the fact by going to the immigration office, better to get it right at the airport though.