Samsung Note1 Factory Data Reset

guzzi850m2

My Note1 started to act strangely early this week, the voice massaging/command app went on/off more and more frekevently and started the phone from idling

causing the battery to be used up in 8-12 hours.

I am running Android 4.0.4, phone is a Baseband version N7000DXLR1

I tried to reset on the power on/off bottom several times but it didn't help and at some stage this voice on/off "thing" got so bad I couldn't use the phone.

I did a factory reset last night, knowing that all installed contacts/apps would be gone for good.

Now the phone is back to normal again thankfully, but my PC can't see it so I can't connect to Kies and restore my contacts.

I have now started slowly to install apps again via Wi-Fi and so far no problems but I might have to import all my contacts manually which will be a pain and take several hours.

My Note1 started to act strangely early this week, the voice massaging/command app went on/off more and more frekevently and started the phone from idling

causing the battery to be used up in 8-12 hours.

I am running Android 4.0.4, phone is a Baseband version N7000DXLR1

I tried to reset on the power on/off bottom several times but it didn't help and at some stage this voice on/off "thing" got so bad I couldn't use the phone.

I did a factory reset last night, knowing that all installed contacts/apps would be gone for good.

Now the phone is back to normal again thankfully, but my PC can't see it so I can't connect to Kies and restore my contacts.

I have now started slowly to install apps again via Wi-Fi and so far no problems but I might have to import all my contacts manually which will be a pain and take several hours.

Didn't you sync your contacts with.a gmail account?

If not, there are ways to import different types of address books/email lists into your gmail account.

When that is done, just sync your phone with the gmail account and all your contacts should show up...

I agree that you should be offered the option to re-store any/all missing apps from the Play Store, and any other detail like contacts should automagically replicate assuming you have been syncing those. (in Contacts, Menu, Accounts tick Auto-sync app data with the GMail account).

I assume you could successfully connect the SGN1 to your PC via a USB cable before the reset?

What happens now when you plug the SGSN1 in to the PC? Are you seeing any Windows messages (lower right) or messages on the phone?

I think the Windows USB Drivers (on the PC) should be intact so it may just be a setting on the phone? Go to Settings, Storage, Menu, USB computer connection: is Media device (MTP) ticked?

In general the whole USB Drivers, Windows, Device, KiES interworking can be somewhat persnickety. Worst case, de-install and re-install the USB drivers. But I think it is a setting on the phone.

Edited by lomatopo

I changed my sim card and couldn't get it to recognise the password to cancel tracking.

I took it to samsung. 10 minutes and 280 Baht later it was updated with note 2 software. Samsung claimed this would improve battery life as well as other functions.

No luck yet and now the phone is playing up again, it changes rapidly between main screen and voice mail/messages and it also says it's charging the battery despite it isn't.

Something isn't right hmm maybe it's worn/time to change to another phone.

Well I will never again spend so much money on a phone, next will most likely be an IQ6 or something like that.

I will try taking it to a Samsung service center first and see what they say.

There some Android 4.1.2 stock firmwares rolling out for the N7000. Not sure which country version you have, or if you are comfortable flashing stock firmware, but that's what I would do.

I've really never had any problems with my Samsung Android phones so it is difficult for me to help but I think it would be unusual to have intermittent, random problems if the phone was "worn out"? More often than not, it seems like these types of problems are caused by interactions with other installed and running programs. Can you use the Task manager to close all running programs, turn off the phone, remove the battery and SIM, re-install both and restart the phone.

Can you provide even more specific detail? Maybe a screen-shot? What is the voice messaging command app. specifically?

I took my Note1 to the Samsung service center today. They said that the motherboard is gone (I think that was what they meant) and that a new will be 6800 + 1000 bath service charge. I politely declined.

Then I went to a phone repair shop in Tuk.com and the lady there looked at my battery and said that could be the problem.

I bought this battery in Pantip BKK not so long ago, an Advance brand copy type.

Now I just came home and I mounted the old original battery and immediately the phone was recognized by my PC??

Sadly this battery is worn out and can't take the charge anymore, so I might go back to the shop in Tuk.com and buy another battery from the shop I visited earlier today, she said that she stock the right one to 750 bath.

I don't understand why another battery brand with same output voltage can give any problems?

I will keep you posted.

Just to follow up.

Since the drivers installed yesterday in the pc (w/old battery) I have no problems connect with my PC with the new battery bought in BKK and I even managed to connect to Kies and get all my contacts back on the phone.

Also the phone has stopped acting strange and I even tried voice talk this morning, no prob.

No idea what was wrong with it but I keep my fingers crossed that it stays okay as I really likes the Note albeit a bit big.

I guess it sounds like the after-market battery was not quite up to spec, or somehow deteriorated over time such that it could not provide the required voltage/amperage?

I think you slightly misunderstand me (sorry not a native English speaker). The old original Samsung battery (manufactured 2011-10-18) suddenly packed up. It got the phone act strange in the end.

Then I bought this aftermarket battery in BKK but still this voice talk "took over" and I could not connect to my PC. I did 2 factory resets.

Then I mounted the old battery and the drivers in the PC was immediately installed. Took out old battery and in with the new one and no problems since, no voice talk pops up and I can connect to my pc without any probs?

It's disappointing that the original battery only lasted app 1.5 years, but yes can't rule out that the old original battery did cause this.

Don't know what happened but main thing is that my Note1 is okay again.