Why Are So Many Here Intent On Thailand's Economy Collapsing ?

I wonder if that's the same group of posters who simply abhor the Thai-Chinese for being a lot more resourceful, hardworking, clever, entrepreneurial, and of course wealthier than their wives' families.

(Watch the haters start pointing to 'corruption,' 'greed,' or 'conspiracy' et. al., as if their 'inlaws' are any different in that aspect, and as if these bitter-boys themselves weren't screwed over by 'inlaws and relatives' who were *not* Thai-Chinese)

smile.png

Edited by junkofdavid2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whistling.gif That should be obvious.

For many of us living in Thailand long term on a pension income having a STRONG Thai baht is contrary to our best interests.

That's because were are exchanging Pounds/Dollars/Euro/etc. for Thai Bant to pay our expenses here in Thailand.

Therefore, a poor Thai economy that is causing the Baht to WEAKEN against out foriegn currency benefits us by a better exchange rate in our favor .... i.e. we get more Baht for our foriegn currency.

Of course, in the long run, that's silly .... it just causes inflation and higher prices for things we need to pay for in Thai Baht.

Like rent for an apartment.

But human beings are not logical, they like to see others suffer, even if it benefits them for only the short term.

Just like a man stuck in a mud puddle who laughs when someone else falls into that same mud puddle.

cheesy.gif

P.S. Posted by an American who is on a fixed pension and has seen his American dollar go from 31 baht for a dollar to under 29 baht for a dollar in less than 2 months.

I KNOW it's childish, but I still can't help laughing when Thai exporters complain about the strong Baht hurting exports.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1