Sister Of Italian Journalist Slain In 2010 Seeks Truth, Not Revenge

Lite Beer

This has all been thrashed over several times on this site so really no need to do it again,

However there is one thing I have never seen before :

Abhisit Vejjajiva, who was prime minister at the time the Army was ordered onto the streets, has never invited Polenghi to see him or to express his condolences - something that obviously disappoints her.

I was wondering if Thaksin who initiated and funded the whole red shirt riots with their armed faction or the red shirt leaders, some of whom are now MP's, have ever invited her to see them or to express their condolences?

After all they were they the ones that made it necessary for the army to be called in out the first place.

I don't want to add any controversy one way or the other to her plight to find the truth, but to say that he was shot by a trained sniper because he died with one shot to the heart is a bit of a guess.

When a shot is taken by anyone they usually aim to kill & not wound (if they say otherwise they are liars), meaning you aim at a large body mass, ie the upper torso in which the heart happens to be located.

You do not aim to wound by trying to get the arms or legs.. unless you are a very good sniper !!

Also snipers are trained professionals and do not shoot through the back.. call it a professional code of conduct !!

Good luck to her with her quest for the truth.. I think she will be booking quite a few more trips..

Just one question though.. if he was just a lover of photography, when armed troops were put on the street in a country known for political violence & coups, wasn't it time to put the camera away & head for a safer place to be.

The only outcome for this chaps death is mis-adventure.. wrong place wrong time !!

The result of which is the army was mobilised under a state of emergency. Deaths results and yes, don't claim unarmed civilians - the 'truth' of course being obvious. The intent of armed resistance, as well as unprecedented attacks by those behind the Red barricades, caused retaliation. The deliberate goading of the armed revolt, use of unidentified militants (read mercenaries) and a journo that got shot whether deliberately or not, is all conjecture as there is NO proof that was the case. The trouble is the UDD and the convicted criminal seeking vengeance against Thailand for seizure of his assets, has/have no conscience. There in lies the issue. To the journo's sister, what more truth do you really need? Your brother entered a war zone for what ever motivation and wore one through the heart from behind. As other reds were also identified as having been shot from behind, but from within their own lines, then doubt lingers. Go home dear, condolences, but go home.

I have not read such an unpleasant post for quite some time.

Amongst the bile about the slain journalist it includes the ridiculous scenario of reds being shot in the back by other reds. Was that one of Sutheps or Sankerns fairy tales you were reading?

"Wore one through the heart from behind" sick.gif

The lady is trying to find out the truth from the thai authorities and the best you can come up with is

"Go home dear, condolences, but go home"

Why should she, she knows she hasn't got the truth. I think its you that doesn't have a conscience.

Maybe if you looked here you'll be a bit more thoughtful in future

http://www.antoni-uni-photography.com/Photography/IN-MEMORIAM-FABIO-POLENGHI/21352868_zm9kzC#!i=1773790799&k=fXGqPZR

I recommend the BBC This World documentary to see what Elisabetta Polenghi was up against

Edited by muttley

This has all been thrashed over several times on this site so really no need to do it again,

However there is one thing I have never seen before :

Abhisit Vejjajiva, who was prime minister at the time the Army was ordered onto the streets, has never invited Polenghi to see him or to express his condolences - something that obviously disappoints her.

I was wondering if Thaksin who initiated and funded the whole red shirt riots with their armed faction or the red shirt leaders, some of whom are now MP's, have ever invited her to see them or to express their condolences?

After all they were they the ones that made it necessary for the army to be called in out the first place.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toni_uni/7215543198/

This is Thailand, truth is for sale to the highest bidder, or just hidden as deeply as possible to prevent loss of face, the land of the fase saving facade. I have sympathy for the poor lady and her late brother, but I can't see either of them knowing/understanding the place well enough to get what they thought they would get on entry.

The truth is always the truth,regardless of spin or bias(Thai press not noted for lack of each)Thai based consuls and ambassadors know full well what's happening on the ground and report facts to their governments.Many foreign photojournalists have been killed in Bangkok down the years including "crowded hour" Aussie snapper Neil Davis, a picture paints a 1000 words much the chagrin of the men in black.

Definition of Tact"telling someone to go to hell in such a way as to make them look forward to the trip"

History is written by the winners. Any student, real student, of history knows this.

Truth was what actually happened, but as it is passed on as history, by writers and tribunals,

truth becomes what the winning side wants it to be.