Padi Dry Suit

Gregory Morozov

I still have one here, but have to check its condition, it hasn't been used in almost 15 years :) Plus of course it would have to fit you as well.

BTW< in my opinion: don't bother with the course. When I was working in a dry suit, before my first dry suit dive I jumped of the boat, checked inflation and deflation, went to the bottom for a few fin pivots and hovers, and all was ok. Later on while diving with a dry suit I learned a lot more of course, but that is the best way to learn anyway.

So I would say, if you have one or can get your hands on one: make an easy going dive here (Kata Beach for example) and find out for yourself how a dry suit works.

Just renting it out to try is an option if I could find where to rent here...

I am used to diving in 25-29 degrees water, trying it for a first time in Baikal lake with 5-10 degrees water doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

Edited by Gregory Morozov

Just renting it out to try is an option if I could find where to rent here...

I am used to diving in 25-29 degrees water, trying it for a first time in Baikal lake with 5-10 degrees water doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

Checked mine in the mean time, neck seal is gone, so sorry but can't help you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am a dry suit specialty instructor, but I don't have one here in Thailand. I know there are some around. PM me if you are interested. I'll see if I can locate one.

Steve, those seals (if latex) should be replaced every year or so. Not surprised their toast. I am sure you know this, but Dive Supply should have replacements if you decide you want them.

The most important thing to know with a dry suit is how to right yourself if you get inverted and start to ascend. If you have dry booties the air will not escape and continue to expand potentially putting you into an uncontrolled feet first ascent. If you have ankle seals then the air will just bubble out. You should also know how to dump air from it in the event the purge valve malfunctions. In this case you break the neck or wrist seal to get air out.