Can A Usa Citizen Prepare Taxes For Americans In Thailand?

robbie22

For the work permit, you mean? Would be nice to get some help, sometimes. I do my own, with the biggest problem being IRS does NOT allow me to file online. After asking for my overseas address, for which there is an option on the online 1040, it then REJECTS the submission because I don't have a valid US zip code. If you could get around that, I might be interested.

I help my best friend here with his taxes but his return is like mine, very simple with just social security and pension. We don't have investments to complicate things so we can send off our returns early.

I sent my return in around 23 Feb and the IRS have deposited my refund two weeks ago. This is not using Turbotax or any online software. I can't see using Turbotax for simple calculations.

I have set up spreadsheets for both social security and the 1040a entries and my return was accepted using my calculations. I just verify the new tax year with the old and make the changes necessary. I don't charge for my services. I do it to keep busy in my retirement. I even have my taxes calculated for next year just for fun.

For the work permit, you mean? Would be nice to get some help, sometimes. I do my own, with the biggest problem being IRS does NOT allow me to file online. After asking for my overseas address, for which there is an option on the online 1040, it then REJECTS the submission because I don't have a valid US zip code. If you could get around that, I might be interested.

Turbo tax, tax act etc. filled online for three years now, Form Thailand using a Thai address.

anyone can prepare taxes for anyone. Where have you been ?

The IRS in Bkk can gladly do them ! tongue.png

You should see the commercials running on TV here in the US currently.

Lady walks into department store to look at some clothes. Sales lady walks up and says, "Hi Jennifer how have you been?"

Customer says, "How do you know my name?"

Sales lady, "Don't you remember, I did your taxes last week!"

Customer, "but I thought you are an accountant"

Companies even outsource tax preparation to India to save money. Here's an old article : http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/2004-02-23-overseas-outsourcing_x.htm