Looking For A Company To Ship Belongings To Uk

BillStrangeOgre

Hardly worth engaging a removals outfit for that IMO.

I'd box it up properly and just mail it, stuff I don't care about that much at lowest sea price, more important stuff pay a bit more for tracking.

Also worth checking out the air shipping and "unaccompanied baggage" service at the airport for the higher-value lower-weight stuff.

Hardly worth engaging a removals outfit for that IMO.

I'd box it up properly and just mail it, stuff I don't care about that much at lowest sea price, more important stuff pay a bit more for tracking.

Also worth checking out the air shipping and "unaccompanied baggage" service at the airport for the higher-value lower-weight stuff.

Not looking for a removals company as such. A shipper would be good. Boxing it up i have done already and i'd still need to engage a shipper to send by sea i think. Most of the air shippers ahve office in town as far as i can see. Unacompanied baggage service might be interesting.

Cheers

I was talking about the good ol' postal service, very cheap if you don't need it tracked, and even with the tracking still much cheaper than the forwarding companies for that small a quantity.

And the re-boxing may help optimize the per-kg costs, don't recall what the cutoffs are.

I checked about shipping a few boxes from the US to here late last year. They had a minimum price of something like $500. And that only covered a 1Mx1Mx1M palate. Quite expensive. So, just paid for extra luggage on my flight. Ended up being a few hundred dollars.

My friend shipped 7-8 boxes back to the US via the Thai post. All but one made it. And it was cheap. She had tracking but got caught up in some scam where she got an email from somebody in Spain who said they had her package, but needed $100 to release it to pay for expenses. She just let that one go.