Al Jazeera English Sound And Picture Quality

Upcountry

Do you get Al Jazeera English via your satellite or cable TV service?

if so, what is the sound and picture quality like for you?

For the last few weeks my signal for this channel has gotten so bad that it almost unwatchable, especially in the early evening. The sound clicks and drops in volume in response to glitches, and the picture jumps and freezes. The nearby channels (BBC, etc., for me, are fine).

I called my cable company last week, and they asked me to wait till the 22nd, when some new thing was supposed to arrive - satellite receiver or something like that - which would solve the problem. But nothing has changed.

I called the other day to report that I still had a problem and the said "tomorrow". Tomorrow came, no change.

At this point, I wonder if the problem is with my cable company or something "upstream" that they can't control. They don't have good enough English at the company to explain properly.

So, if you can share what your experience is with AJ English, it will help me find out if it is just my cable company or a bigger problem.

Thanks.

Hello

I watch it sometimes, but not usually until after midnight Thai time.

Just switched it on now though, to check, it is fine, sound and picture.

I`ve never had any problem with the sound or picture quality, it`s actually better than BBC World, which is sometimes very poor.

I`m on cable, through Banglamung TV, in naklua

No idea if that helps you and I`m not in the slightest technically minded but seems fine/excellent to me.smile.png

AJE is working perfectly across Thailand and free to view on the IS20 and Asiasat 3s satellites with perfect picture and sound 24/7 (however we are is solar equinox right now so the picture will be lost for up to 20 minutes per day) It sounds like your cable company need a new AJE set up as it should be perfect.

Yeah, I read about the Vernal Equinox but only AJE was showing bad distortion for the last few weeks.

I had to have the cable guys come to my house of other reasons today, and when I showed them AJE's troubles, the communicated with the home office.

This evening for the first time the picture has been back to normal.

Now I know that I can't just call and try to explain the problem over the phone. I have to have people come to the house and witness the problem for themselves.

It was bad this morning before they came, but now it seems fixed. Glad that's over.