Latest Prices On No-Name Dual Core Android Tablets

Lannig

Hello folks,

Last time I was in Thailand in January I saw a couple of Android tablets based on the (more or less) latest generation CPUs, namely the dual-core RK3066, sold for ca. 4000B at Zeer Rangsit (7" and 8" size). They looked reasonably well built. I almost bought one. They were local rebrands of no-name chinese tablets but I can't remember the name. Not G-net, not I-Mobile either I think... it just escapes me. Anyway...

I'm about to come to the LOS for a few weeks quite soon. I see similar tablets starting to appear in local (EU) online stores for 130-150 (7"/8") to 170-200 euros (10"), although most of them are in pre-order only. I'm wondering whether there might be better bargains and/or available tablets at this time in Thailand. Anyone been looking around in Panthip or Zeer (or another place) lately?

Oh... before I get a deluge of replies warning me against buying cheap chinese crap: yes, I know perfectly what I am doing with this kind of stuff. I already have a few ones. I know the risks, I accept them. Furthermore I like to have different sizes available depending on my usage and my mood of the day, so I can't afford the big brand names.

And yes, I used to be an expat there. *Sigh*.

Edited by Lannig

Well, I can order from China while staying in my home country as well. Many people do it here.

I just don't want to. I like to hold a tablet in my hands before buying it. I'm ready to pay a bit more for this.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Well, I can order from China while staying in my home country as well. Many people do it here.

I just don't want to. I like to hold a tablet in my hands before buying it. I'm ready to pay a bit more for this.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Then DigiLife shop at Pantip Plaza is your friend. Make sure tablet has IPS or MVA panel, not TN panel (cheaper tablets use TN panel which can't be seen from other directions). RK3066 chip is pretty good.

Then DigiLife shop at Pantip Plaza is your friend. Make sure tablet has IPS or MVA panel, not TN panel (cheaper tablets use TN panel which can't be seen from other directions). RK3066 chip is pretty good.

Thanks. Do you have some recently seen prices and models in mind?

I know the difference between IPS and TN.