Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

1 Day Overstay On Non B Guidance

Hi all,

Appreciate some views on this. I've been on a continual non B for 9 years never had a bump in the road here. Only flight I managed to get for a visit home was on 1st April. Non B expires on 31st March. I am forwarding my documentation at home this time for another visa rather than an extention. Does anyone forsee any grief at Bangkok for being over and do I have to pay a fine before being summoned by immigration for depature?

If it would involve some condescending gestapo like dance because of this at Suvarnabhumi and effect my application when sending to the consulate I'd rather just go down for a 7 day extention as I still have time?

Many thanks for any help.

When you say your Non-Imm B "expires" on March 31, do you mean that is the "Use Before" date on the visa or is it the "Admitted Until" date on your last entry stamp? It's the latter that counts. If you last entered in late February, for example, your Admitted Until date will be in May.

If, indeed, it is your Admitted Until date that is March 31, then a one day overstay will not result in a fine (waived if you leave on the first day of overstay). You will, however, have an overstay stamp placed in your passport. There has never been any credible evidence that this has prejudiced a future visa application, though.

Edited by KamnanT