Thinking About Selling My Honda Crv 2013 - Advice Needed

Rogue33

Hi all,

I will probably relocate in my home country for work and I'm thinking about selling my Honda CRV 2013 model. Automatic model, black color, only 15 000 kilometers, perfect condition, maintenance was made at 10 000 kilometers at Honda, just like new really. No accident. One owner of course. I purchased the CRV for 1.3 millions baths at a Honda dealer showroom in Bangkok.

My questions :

I would like to have the opinion of people on how much I could expect to get for the vehicle ? What would be a fair asking price ?

Also does somebody has experience with selling a vehicle that still has an outstanding loan balance to the bank ?. Let's say I still owed 500 000 baths on the CRV, what is the procedures that I will need to take in order to sell the vehicle in that case ?

Thank you in advance for the all the members that will help me with answering my questions.

Cheers

In terms of price you can go around second-hand dealers to ask; I know Honda has a certified used car business so they might buy it; or you could pay 100b to a website called 'Red Book' for a valuation certificate, or you could advertise here for free on this forum. There is a site 'siam motors' or 'expat motors' that will list the car for free and take a small commission if/when sold.
You'll always get more if you manage to sell privately but it's harder to find buyers and owing money on the car could complicate matters or even the prospective buyer's ability to get finance if required. Selling to Honda or used-car dealership is hassle-free but you'll get less. The Red Book certificate will give a trade-in price and private sale price.

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice Aussie.

Dave, 800 000k seem like a low price. I already done some research on the web and saw some Honda CRV 2010 (same model as this) being sold for 950 000+ baths. People seem not too have difficulty to sell them also. One have been sold in a few days. Also, those cars have 50 000 kilometers and few months warranty left. Our CRV has 15 000 kilometers and we just bought it 4 months ago. With that information I'm guessing that I should be getting around 1 million baths or something like that. Anyway thanks for your reply.

Dave, 800 000k seem like a low price. I already done some research on the web and saw some Honda CRV 2010 (same model as this) being sold for 950 000+ baths. People seem not too have difficulty to sell them also. One have been sold in a few days. Also, those cars have 50 000 kilometers and few months warranty left. Our CRV has 15 000 kilometers and we just bought it 4 months ago. With that information I'm guessing that I should be getting around 1 million baths or something like that. Anyway thanks for your reply.

If you already knew, why'd you ask?

• Like 1

Arthurwait thanks for your reply. I'm not in a rush to sale honestly, I don't mind if it take me 1-2 months to sell the car. Many people telling me that I should be getting between 1 million to 1.1x million if I sell it directly. I will get less, maybe around 900 000k if I sell with Honda or a second hand dealer but it would be faster. People seem to say that Honda vehicle have a good resale value . Also with the fact that my CRV is 4-5 months with only 15 000 kilometers, still on warranty and in perfect condition, I guess I can get a good price for it.

Jitar. Thanks a lot for the info. With what I see so far I think I should try to sell it directly for around 1m to 1.1m baths. I think I will ask probably around 1.1m to start to give me a margin in case people would like to negotiate the price.

Hi Dave.

I don't know too much about second hand vehicle market and price. I just posted here in order to get the opinion of other members of TV that maybe have more experience with that . Also I actually just started to do my research. With what I see so far I'm just saying that 800 000k seem pretty low and that I think I should be getting more probably around 1m to 1.1m for the vehicle if I sell it directly.

Anyway, thank for your reply. It's appreciated

Arthurwait thanks for your reply. I'm not in a rush to sale honestly, I don't mind if it take me 1-2 months to sell the car. Many people telling me that I should be getting between 1 million to 1.1x million if I sell it directly. I will get less, maybe around 900 000k if I sell with Honda or a second hand dealer but it would be faster. People seem to say that Honda vehicle have a good resale value . Also with the fact that my CRV is 4-5 months with only 15 000 kilometers, still on warranty and in perfect condition, I guess I can get a good price for it.

Jitar. Thanks a lot for the info. With what I see so far I think I should try to sell it directly for around 1m to 1.1m baths. I think I will ask probably around 1.1m to start to give me a margin in case people would like to negotiate the price.

Yes they have a good resale value when they are this young dont let it go under a million.

And don t listen to buyer seller stories sell to a new owner for him/her self if possible.

• Like 1

I offer you 850 000 baht, let me know, can pay quickly.

In terms of price you can go around second-hand dealers to ask; I know Honda has a certified used car business so they might buy it; or you could pay 100b to a website called 'Red Book' for a valuation certificate, or you could advertise here for free on this forum. There is a site 'siam motors' or 'expat motors' that will list the car for free and take a small commission if/when sold.

You'll always get more if you manage to sell privately but it's harder to find buyers and owing money on the car could complicate matters or even the prospective buyer's ability to get finance if required. Selling to Honda or used-car dealership is hassle-free but you'll get less. The Red Book certificate will give a trade-in price and private sale price.

I am in the same boat as the OP so I looked at red book site but it only seems to be for OZ?

Redbook have a Thai site: http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/th/home.php?lang=en

It has become less useful over the last few years as information has been cut but the valuation certificates seem to be there still (for a fee).

The OP may be out of luck as the CR-V data only goes up to Sep 2012, presumably the previous model.[/quote

Ok thanks i will have a look

Hi Johan,

Thanks a lot for your offer but we really looking to get at least 1m baths for the vehicle. This CRV has been paid 1,3m and the vehicle is only 4 months old. Only 15 000 kms, automatic gear, 4WD VTEC, beige leather, cruise control, back sensor, electric windows and seats and on and on. Anyway, let me know if you can increase your offer.

Btw, thanks to the other members for the great advices.

Taladrot.com is the best and biggest and you are sure to sell the car at around 1m if not in big hurry. Website is all thai, so get someone to help you. Posting is free. Buyer contacts you directly and also does not pay a commision.

15000km in 4 months seems like taxi mileage.

Why would someone give you 1.1 million baht when they can have a new one for 1.3?

800.000 seems a little low though. 850.000 would be a fair price.

Hi Johan,

Thanks a lot for your offer but we really looking to get at least 1m baths for the vehicle. This CRV has been paid 1,3m and the vehicle is only 4 months old. Only 15 000 kms, automatic gear, 4WD VTEC, beige leather, cruise control, back sensor, electric windows and seats and on and on. Anyway, let me know if you can increase your offer.

Btw, thanks to the other members for the great advices.

As the euro is going down everyday i can't offer more right now. And for 1 million i would prefer to buy a new one and pay a little more. I can pay in euros, usd, hkd, baht, let me know.

It's amazing how peaple haggeling about prices, when they not even see the car yet. Condition is important. The car can look like new or very used nobody know. Even pictures not say anything. Must see in real and then can talk about the price.

Saakura

Thank you a lot for the information. Appreciated.

BSJ

The reason why the vehicle has 15 000 kilometers after 4-5 months is that we did 4 long trips with the CRV since we have it. We went to Hua Hin, Udon, Mukdahan and Chiang Mai. On the other hand, I made 2 maintenances on the car already. One at 10 000 kilometers as usual and I did another one after I came back from Mukdahan. Both maintenance have been made @ the Honda dealer. We never have any accident with the car and it is in perfect conditions.

I'm not looking to get 1.1m baths for the CRV except if I'm lucky and find someone that doesn't want to wait to get is CRV. Many time there's waiting list for those vehicle. Example, I would had to wait 2-3 months to get one if I have bought locally. This is why I bought it in Bangkok and even there I have to wait 1 month or so. So who know.

To be honest, I'm looking to get 1m baths or a little bit more. Many people told me to put the price at 1.1m first so potential buyer can negotiate on the price. I'm not in rush to sell so I should be able to get at least the 1m baths.

If I decide to sell for 800 000 or 850 000 baths I will sell the vehicle directly to a second hand car dealer or Honda since it will be more easy regarding the finance. They will take care of everything for us.

JohnBKK

Thank you for the offer and I do understand that financial situation is more tight at the moment for many expats with the baths gaining value against other currencies. The thing is that I'm not 100 % sure that I will sell the vehicle at the moment. To be honest, I'm just looking for advices on price, where to sell, how to do regarding finance. That's the reason I didn't post in the classifieds section. Also, I'm really not in a rush to sell so if I do I will post it online and wait for the right buyer.

Stingray

Thank you for the reply. I totally agree with you, potential buyer will need to see the car in order to discuss a final price.

I'm really just looking to get an idea about the market price of an almost new CRV 2013 in perfect conditions. Some of the comments here and what I saw on many websites let me think I should be able to sell it for 1m baths or a little bit higher if I'm not in a rush.

Thank you everybody for the advices

Your model is for sell for 1.1 million baht on taladrod with 5K km on it. But i think nobody will make an offer as it's almost the same price as the new one. I could go up to 900 000 but only if you sell the car now and not in one month.

Reality sucks Rogue33. It's not about the condition of the car because it is almost brand new, it's about how much people want to pay.

And the auto trade people haven't got big white beards, don't wear bulging red suits and wear tasseled hats. You sell it to them they want a big chunk of cash too.

So to sell for 1.000.000 baht you may need some help from Buddha. wai2.gif

Your model is for sell for 1.1 million baht on taladrod with 5K km on it. But i think nobody will make an offer as it's almost the same price as the new one. I could go up to 900 000 but only if you sell the car now and not in one month.

Sometimes second hand cars here are sold for more than the new price.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

JohnBKK

Thanks again for your offer but I'm not selling the car at the moment as mentioned before. Just looking for some information. I will probably put it for sale later on via the internet. Good luck with your search anyway.

BSJ

After all the information I gathered, I still think that I could get at least 1m baths for the vehicle if I'm not in a RUSH to sell. I guess some comments from members here support that also. I also saw some 2013 CRV (+/- same conditions) with an asking price of 1.1m + baths. So IMO I don't think I'm dreaming about the fact of getting 1m baths for the CRV. Like many members are saying here, Honda (and other vehicles) are sold for a high price here and they hold a good resale value.

Let me give you some examples of that, we sold our 2007 Honda Civic (basic model with 100 000+ kilometers) and we still got 460 000 baths and we sold the car at a second hand dealer (I guess we could have got a little by selling directly). The dealer also took care of everything regarding the finance and registration papers. Beside that, I also know one guy that sold is CRV 2010 (50 000+ kms, same model with NAVI) for 960 000 baths. The vehicle was sold in a few days (2 days if I'm right).

IMO, some people are ready to pay expensive in order to avoid some waiting time to get a new vehicle (yes there's waiting list here for vehicle and sometimes it can be a few months) and also to save a few 100 000k's baths and the interest charges related to financing.

I know second hand car dealers are not Santa Claus but after doing some verifications I know that I can obtain 800 000ks to 850 000k's (maybe a little bit more) for the vehicle if I want to sell it in a rush, like tomorrow. But like I said I'm not in a rush to sell.