Brit, Dutchman, Filipino Busted In Bangkok Telemarketing Scam

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the big foreign owned bars and restaurants countrywide, as well as other businesses are built on money from these 'boiler room' scam call centers.

You have them to thank for the current hassle of getting a visa, as it was directly a result of their criminal actions and specifically these types of crimes that the Thais tightened the regulations on foreigners living and working here.

Quite right. A few bars in Sukumvit Soi 11, the GoGo areas, as well as certain Irish Pubs, etc etc. The network seems to be expanding.

Buy one get 3 free deals on Stock purchases may be a "red flag". Human greed keeps these scams alive. Stop the demand end the supply.

I don't think you can stop the demand; everyone wants more attractive returns on their savings and these boiler room scams are constantly changing. The latest one I read of was selling investments in rare-earth elements. Most people are suckered thinking that because they are essential to manufacturing investing in them must be a sure bet and wouldn't even know how much, say, Terbium costs, let alone whether or not it can be traded.

Two Brits, a Dutchman, a Filipino and two Thais walk into a bar .....

And it isn't a joke. What is a joke is that anyone falls for these scams? Are there that many gullible idiots out there?

But.. but... my Gazprom shares? sad.png

• Like 1

less of the criminal foreigner around the better is.

good job by the police.

...the better is........? What? You're missing a word

But grammatical construction aside - nice bit of trolling, which already has the fish biting.

But you're right the less illegal Thai / Chinese criminals in the UK the better - same principle right?

I very much doubt that the poster is Chinese, possibly Thai, but more likely to be a troll

what it has to do with China?

anyway - i doubt that you are a toad.

And i doubt you can fight.

"i doubt that you are a toad"

-totally off-topic I know, but that made me chuckle.

I am a toad!!!!
i don't care. could not tell a toad from a frog anyway. they all look same to me. Edited by ZhouZhou

Bloody good.I am fed up with those 2 German sounding chaps and few
Flippinas who keep calling me almost every day pretending to be in HK
asking me to invest in what I am sure is a phony co and maybe shares.
Despite my continuous rejection and even asking them to stop calling me
they never stop.I dont know where they got my Brunei No from:) SOS
anyone....

Oh dear,I was pondering moving to Thailand to escape....!!

Escape then!

Change your SIM card.

Well.... if there would be more normal chances to get a decent job, this might not be happening. If you would settle with 10k/20k a month, the Thai Law won't let you. Any company need to pay a lot for you and need to have at least 4 Thai on the payrole..... so.... what's left, if you try to provide your loved ones? I see farang guys robbing a bank, do a stickup and so on. IF they really after the BIG BUCKS.... well.... you better go home.

Crime does not pay. Good job by the police.

^^

Crime does not pay. ?????????????

Oh, is that so?

So I guess you are not a big saver in a bank in Cypress then?

Crime pays but only for the BIG boys. Now and again, they have to catch and severly punish a few of the small fry to give Joe Public the Illusion that crime doesn't pay.

Sheesh!

• Like 1

good job by the police.

Personally, less criminals full stop would be better.

The sad thing is, that these scams often have tacit approval from BIB, so the real big fish are never caught. These are just a bit of the regular sacrificial offering.

of course every arrest of criminal foreigners happens because the police is so corrupt.

what a nonsense.

You might also say:

Of course every arrest of foreign criminals happens because the police are so corrupt. What nonsense!

Another TEFEL teacher.cheesy.gif

good job by the police.

...the better is........? What? You're missing a word

But grammatical construction aside - nice bit of trolling, which already has the fish biting.

But you're right the less illegal Thai / Chinese criminals in the UK the better - same principle right?

Great thread this one, the grama polise is out in force an I love it cos

yesterdie I cudnt even spell Injuneer and todie I are one.

Bloody good.I am fed up with those 2 German sounding chaps and few Flippinas who keep calling me almost every day pretending to be in HK asking me to invest in what I am sure is a phony co and maybe shares. Despite my continuous rejection and even asking them to stop calling me they never stop.I dont know where they got my Brunei No from:) SOS anyone....

Oh dear,I was pondering moving to Thailand to escape....!!

Tell them the conversation is being recorded for staff training.................thumbsup.gif

I see that there were "FOREIGN FIENDS" (a diabolically cruel or wicked person. Synonyms: monster, savage, brute, beast, devil) and two plain old average "THAIS"

yes. same like in ALIENS.

the thais were probably misguided by the foreign devils and are most likely almost innocent as someone have it already pointed out a few posts above.

Should I choose to be a crook I think I would not have chosen Thailand...

but 2 Brits...worth a Dutchman coming from a country with 3 stars jails... Criminals have no brain anymore whistling.gif

They never think they'll get caught so the star rating of the local jail is their last concern. But it is a big concern now wink.png

Edited by paully

good job by the police.

The sad thing is, that these scams often have tacit approval from BIB, so the real big fish are never caught. These are just a bit of the regular sacrificial offering.

I rather think you mean fewer criminals ...

I rather think he meant....less criminals....fewer criminals...or indeed a dearth of criminals would be better. Same same...most of us understood.

dear God save us from the English teaching fraternity

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

"i doubt that you are a toad"

-totally off-topic I know, but that made me chuckle.

I am a toad!!!!
i don't care. could not tell a toad from a frog anyway. they all look same to me.

A particulalrly speciest attitude

• Like 1

good job by the police.

I rather think you mean fewer criminals ...

and fewer lesser criminals, too

• Like 1

Oh dämn. Does that mean my half million Gazprom shares aren't kosher?

Don't be silly. That stock is still good as gold, and should double this year. I know where you can get another half million shares if you are interested. Don't wait. Buy before they are gone.