Chiangmai Fc- Professional League?

willfreeman

went to the chiangmai fc vs lamphon game last night, im australian so was my first experience watching a live soccer match.

is it normal for 5-6 'MEN' to be carried of on stretcher during a game? after taking a 'dive' to get a foul, and once the foul has been awarded is the fake rolling around on the ground really necessary? - i get the dive for a foul part but why carry on once the foul has been awarded? is diving and feign injury in a deliberate attempt to halt the game stop the other team on a break and take their momentum commonplace?cheesy.gif

but on a serious notegiggle.gif is it a professional league? i would assume so judging by the amount of foreign players but would like confirmation.

It's de rigor for the game. Combine that with a bunch of over-age, alcoholic expats who, at best, are re-living their glory days of playing amateur football, and at worst suffering delusions of being able to play, what did you actually expect? whistling.gif

• Like 1

Anyone who plays rugby will know when you are hurt the last thing you want to do is roll around on the floor.Put them all on a rugby pitch and see how long it takes them to run back to the dressing room.

• Like 1

My family has been to several CMFC-matches, at the 700-year stadium, but I don't recall any over-age alcoholic expats on the pitch, reliving glory-days ?

We/they were all in the stands, watching the game, but perhaps the refreshing beer has affected by recollection. Cheers ! drunk.gif

It is professional in a sense, as that the players are paid. CMFC are in a lower division, second I think. There certainly are some better teams in the top division, such as Buriram etc.

In terms of skill level, I would rate Australia's A-League as higher.

As for the rolling around on the floor bit, welcome to Asian football.

Combine that with a bunch of over-age, alcoholic expats who, at best, are re-living their glory days of playing amateur football, and at worst suffering delusions of being able to play, what did you actually expect?

A bizarre comment by someone who has obviously never been to a game.

• Like 1

It is professional in a sense, as that the players are paid. CMFC are in a lower division, second I think. There certainly are some better teams in the top division, such as Buriram etc.

In terms of skill level, I would rate Australia's A-League as higher.

Why, who said it wasn't ?

It's de rigor for the game. Combine that with a bunch of over-age, alcoholic expats who, at best, are re-living their glory days of playing amateur football, and at worst suffering delusions of being able to play, what did you actually expect? whistling.gif

I thought Robbie Fowler played in MTU and not in Chiang Mai FC? And I was told he has left Thailand?

It is professional in a sense, as that the players are paid. CMFC are in a lower division, second I think. There certainly are some better teams in the top division, such as Buriram etc.In terms of skill level, I would rate Australia's A-League as higher.

Why, who said it wasn't ?

No one mate. Just trying to give the OP, who is an Aussie, a point of reference.