Water Cut Off Throughout The Province ?

Asiantravel

Hi

the management in the building where I stay near Big C Extra has put a sign on our door, this evening saying that the water has been cut off " throughout the whole province " ? They said they would buy water tomorrow, presumably to fill three big tanks at the back of our building and this evening to use our water sparingly.

Has anyone heard any stories about what is behind all this and how long it is likely to last?

Edited by Asiantravel

I've just done the washing up and, believe it or not, I used water to do that.

It depends what they meant by " province ". I will get a better understanding when they open the managers office later this morning.

Yes, we still have water in our building but I think what they were trying to convey is that there is a more serious problem further back towards the source? If people have storage tanks may be the won't see the effect of the problem until that water runs out?

Not the whole province but may areas have been cut off or water restricted - and that dispite all the BS given out by City Hall

You are correct Joe !! Yes they had used the wrong English terminology on the notice they had posted on the door. But the essence is that this is what they forecast is going to happen this year. I don't know if this has happened in the past but they believe there will be a series of rolling stoppages affecting different areas.

The managers have advised me to keep a container full of water available at all times for when we are affected next time.

Edited by Asiantravel

It's supposed to be the electricity ---- bur maybe that affects the water supply also !!!!

That’s a bit of a long shot, wouldn’t you say? Not sure how much you’ve paid attention to any possible power cuts, but we’re not supposed to be affected until we’re way into the first week of April.

However we’ve had problems with the water supply in our Moo Ban for the last 4-5 days already, and it’s doesn’t look like a temporary problem.

Additionally I’ve heard that it’s quite difficult to even get a water truck delivery these days. It’s a pain in the arse to be out of water, but looking on the bright side, this year we actually might see a dry songkran.