New Market Threppasit Rd

jeanpierre

it's huge......

If you thought it was nye on impossible to cross Theprasit Road before.....wait until this is in full swing.

The obligitory guy with a whistle will be there though to keep all at VT 1 and VT 2 awake....

And the Baht bus run up from Thrapraya "Fye Deng" won't be needed....that will save the Rooskies 10 baht.

Thanks for the heads up. A market, just what we needed.

You can never have too many markets -- they are what keep the Thai economy humming (at least for the Thais in Thailand). It won't end until every square inch of Pattaya is covered with condos, markets and bars -- true equilibrium. "you find paradise and they put up a parking lot.....".

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. A market, just what we needed.

You can never have too many markets -- they are what keep the Thai economy humming (at least for the Thais in Thailand). It won't end until every square inch of Pattaya is covered with condos, markets and bars -- true equilibrium. "you find paradise and they put up a parking lot.....".

Forget the markets ,now parking lots ,thats something Pattaya could do with.

The obligitory guy with a whistle will be there though to keep all at VT 1 and VT 2 awake....

I think the bloke with a whistle may be the least of their worries. When I drove past just now there was a large stage in construction outside with about 300 giant loudspeakers on it. All pointing towards the housing estate next door on the Sukumvit side. Luckily for the condo dwellers that is away from the View Talays, but I'm sure the speakers will still be nicely audible from there.

I think the bloke with a whistle may be the least of their worries. When I drove past just now there was a large stage in construction outside with about 300 giant loudspeakers on it. All pointing towards the housing estate next door on the Sukumvit side. Luckily for the condo dwellers that is away from the View Talays, but I'm sure the speakers will still be nicely audible from there.

Loudspeakers are there to bring the sinners to pray thumbsup.gif

I think and hope the Concert is just for the "opening night".....its "Carrabau" Music not sure how you spell that ? but its Thai "Country" with leather waistcoats and Willie Nelson hair and Pancho Villa moustache.....kind of thing...with 16 beats to the bar ?

I can't wait to get round there and buy.....no.... forget it ..I don't need anything that might be for sale there...Let me introduce the word "Minimalist" to LOS.....

Hey ! Lets start a new religion based on that...or has someone done that already 2,556 years ago...?

I think and hope the Concert is just for the "opening night".....its "Carrabau" Music not sure how you spell that ? but its Thai "Country" with leather waistcoats and Willie Nelson hair and Pancho Villa moustache.....kind of thing...with 16 beats to the bar ?

If it's the actual rock group Carabao then there will be lots of people there. They are very popular. Not sure they sound much like Willie Nelson though!

Carabao is actually the Tagalog (Philippines) word for the water buffalo. Apparently the Thai founder members of the group started it when they were university students in the Philippines. Here endeth the lesson.

• Like 1

I can't wait to get round there and buy.....no.... forget it ..I don't need anything that might be for sale there...Let me introduce the word "Minimalist" to LOS.....

Hey ! Lets start a new religion based on that...or has someone done that already 2,556 years ago...?

Careful, talk like that will put an end to the US/European economic recovery -- just ask Bernanke. During the Great Depression of the late 1920's, there was a move afoot to go around the rural US and change all of the signs that say "Jesus Saves" to "Jesus Consumes". I am all for a "minimalist lifestyle", but I need my car, truck, 3 motorcycles, 4 flat screen tv's, 6 CD/DVD playes, 2 computers and 1 tablet, and my 11 remote controls (9 of which have never been used). Thank God/Buddha that we now have a new market to fill our "needs" and make our lives more happy....

• Like 1