Fire Guts Crocodile Disco

george

Fire guts Crocodile Disco

PATONG: -- A fire early this morning gutted the popular Crocodile Disco on Soi Bangla, causing damage estimated at 40 million baht, according to the disco’s manager.

The manager, Amnuay Kuabkum, told the Gazette that the fire broke out around 5 am, while guards were sitting outside to ensure the safety of the three-story complex, located at the end of Soi Moulin Rouge.

The soi, more commonly known as “Soi Katoey” because of its go-go dancing ladyboys, is home to one of Patong’s most popular strips of beer bars.

“The other shops had already closed, so nobody knows how it started. I just heard from the police that the building was gutted,” K. Amnuay said.

Forensics experts from the Phuket Provincial Police were trying to determine the cause of the blaze, he added.

“The damage was about 40 million baht, because everything on all three floors was destroyed. We plan to rebuild and hope to reopen in about six months,” he said.

He said he did not know whether the owner had insured the building.

A source in Patong said that the nearby Soi Gonzo beer bar strip had been cordoned off as a crime investigation scene and that it was unclear whether it would be allowed to open for business tonight.

--Phuket Gazette 2006-03-13

It kind of needed a face lift.... :o

Thought you never ventured into Patong Khall? :D

I am lured there on the odd occasion by my visitors :D . Went to Crocodile once - that was enough - it's a filthy, boring sleazepit and the ladies room was disgusting! :D

I am lured there on the odd occasion by my visitors :D . Went to Crocodile once - that was enough - it's a filthy, boring sleazepit and the ladies room was disgusting! :D

I was hoping to have a dance with Khall, guess we can cross off Crocodile Disco! :D

I was hoping to have a dance with Khall, guess we can cross off Crocodile Disco! :D

And when, BritM, will we have the honour of your presence on Phuket? There are many nice new shiny clubs now so don't worry we can get that dance... :D

And when, BritM, will we have the honour of your presence on Phuket? There are many nice new shiny clubs now so don't worry we can get that dance... :D

First week in July!!!! :D

Didnt the crocodile disco have a fire in march 2001?? :D nignoy

Ok, so remind me to dust off my dancin' shoes! :D

Ok, so remind me to dust off my dancin' shoes! :D

Mind Boggles star spangled dancing thongs :D nignoy