Pizza Co.the Worst.

meatboy

i have always enjoyed pizza's from the above till that was a month ago,a new outlet opened not far from us so the last order would have come from them but it was not up to their standad[previously from the mall] here in korat.the wf.was near the place on friday so she went in and bought a chkn.and toppings with a cheesy max base not cheap at 459bht.med.size,as they had a promotion on buy one get one so its decend value,not so this was the worst i have ever had in thailand and that includes any take-away food.first the base was not cooked long enough,there was no sauce on the base,the cheese looked as if it had been put on with a pastry brush,and as for the toppings they were rationed you could see one little bit if chkn.on each slice same with the veg.which was almost non-existent,it was the same with the other one we had that should have been delux meat feast,if they think they can ripp off customers by serving up what i can only describe as rubbish you had better think again.

pizza customers not happy with you.[save one outlet].

• Like 1

The last order I had from the Korat Mall was a bogof deal and inedible.

The reason why your base was not cooked long enough is that they use gas or electric oven that doesn't heat the floor to the required temperature. My wife's restaurant has a wood fired oven that keeps the floor hot enough to cook pizzas properly in two minutes.

There is, or was, an independent pizza place in Save One that turned out a decent product.

• Like 1

The last order I had from the Korat Mall was a bogof deal and inedible.

The reason why your base was not cooked long enough is that they use gas or electric oven that doesn't heat the floor to the required temperature. My wife's restaurant has a wood fired oven that keeps the floor hot enough to cook pizzas properly in two minutes.

There is, or was, an independent pizza place in Save One that turned out a decent product.

thanks morden we do buy from the other one and you can have 4 for the price you pay for pizza co.someone is not keeping their eye's on the button the standad is slipping badly,is it a franchise if so that explains it,also they didnt even have a menu,that will be the last.

People think that pizzas are difficult to make and too expensive to make and sell. Street sellers buy franchises to sell those awful sugary monstrosities similar to the ones in 7/11 thinking that it's the real thing.

There are things to know about making good pizzas, especially the dough. The most important thing, though, is the oven temperature on all surfaces, including the brick base. I think that a problem is that few here can be arsed to do it properly. If they do, like Mrs Morden, then it pays off handsomely because Thai and expat. customers do know a good pizza from crap.

• Like 2

they might reply and say wages have gone up,meat and everything has,ok.the wages part of it thats ok with me,put up the price of the produced to cover that,meat well chkn is cheaper than i can remember you can get a kilo of thigh and leg 45bht.tesco,thai sausage,ham ect.i havent seen any change,no onion,pepper,mushroom,dont know what was supposed to be the toppings as they had no menu's.once you start cutting back on quality and charge a high price there's only one way you will go and thats down.i have always supported good food even when it costs that bit extra.

I think this particular case is a new franchisee who hasn't got it right. That's the job of the franchise owner, of course.

normally we have it delivered as its so convenient unless the wf.goes to save one,we only live 1-2kilomts.away,and to get the car out then have to go the same dist.to do a u-turn then try and park and have to do the same to return.always give the delivery boy 50bht.as i wouldnt ride a bike up mittapap.i have tried making my own but its not the same[before we had the last lot] so its goner be that big bloke at save one in future

A friend and I used to buy pizza's on a Friday night after beer,we've been caught by the same "con" here in Phrae! 2 for the price on one, ha! After the usual 30 minute wait the pizza's came out "raw" on the bottom with the absolute minimum of topping, my friend ordered a "meat lover", dam-n thing had one slice of ham per slice! When we added up the cost of the 2 for 1 and 2 garlic bread we received small change out of 1000 baht! Never never again!

We just got 2 pizzas with the 2for1 deal. Lots of toppings and the crust was cooked perfectly. It was about the best I've had here. It was almost as good as bad pizza in the States.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

i once asked a bird working at a pizza place for a 2 for 1 deal with plenty of toppings couldnt work out her answer sorry i'm on my own you'll have to wait till i finnishbiggrin.png

• Like 1

meatboy, you can bake pizza dough quite adequately in one of those glass bowl electric ovens, their everywhere now and quite cheap. Get plenty hot enough too.

My stock pizza dough recipe - 500g good white flour, 15g yeast, 10g salt, 50g olive oil, 320 ml water, make a wet dough. Keep in fridge overnight for more taste. Easy to make your own tomato paste too, filling - up to you!

• Like 1

The reason why your base was not cooked long enough is that they use gas or electric oven that doesn't heat the floor to the required temperanture. My wife's restaurant has a wood fired oven that keeps the floor hot enough to cook pizzas properly in two minutes.

Yikes! How do they walk on it?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

They are too expensive so i took my chances at the 2 for 1 deal myself.

For a Thai they make a pretty decent pizza although they have never heard of a thin crust.

post-70928-0-82314100-1364789334_thumb.j post-70928-0-57031500-1364789480_thumb.j

The thin crusted pepperoni, no extra cheese, no extras.

blink.png The peculiar thing about this restaurant is that the bill comes before the food arrivesblink.png But you are expected to pay on your way out.

post-70928-0-00096600-1364789515_thumb.j

How am i supposed to tip??

meatboy, you can bake pizza dough quite adequately in one of those glass bowl electric ovens, their everywhere now and quite cheap. Get plenty hot enough too.

My stock pizza dough recipe - 500g good white flour, 15g yeast, 10g salt, 50g olive oil, 320 ml water, make a wet dough. Keep in fridge overnight for more taste. Easy to make your own tomato paste too, filling - up to you!

although i love cooking making bread,nan,pastry is behond me.i did buy some pizza bases from makro and made my own but i find it easier to get it delivered ready to eat.lazy barsteward.

The ONLY pizza I had in Thailand (been here 5 months, one more week) was in Chiang Mai at Paradise Pizza. I thought it was pretty good, actually. 280 baht for medium with pepperoni. sure, not the same pepperoni i'm used to; nonetheless, I thought it had a nice taste. it's in old town...one main street north of the big main street that goes to tapae gate. it's a couple blocks west of the eastern moat. hope that helps

paradise pizza worth trying. I didn't re-heat any of the pre-cut slices.....just my thing. I would rather wait and make sure it's hot.

I brought back a pizza stone with me from the US. Paid $12.95 for it, I believe. With it, I can make a decent pizza in my home oven. I have to admit I buy the base at Villa, but it is pretty good, and my pizza comes out a bit on the crispy side, just as I like it.

I pile my pizza high with home-made Italian sausage, salami, ham, onions, green peppers, kalmata olives, artichoke hearts, pineapple (my friend insists on that), and lots of sauce. I also brush the base with olive oil to crisp it up a bit to get it how I like it.

All told, I find it better than any pizza I have had in Thailand, and it probably costs less than 200 baht all told.

I had a Pizza Company pizza once, and only that one time as my friend's niece just opened the place for business, and frankly, that is the last time I will ever have one of theirs. I have had a couple of good ones in a few independent places and one upscale Italian restaurant, but when I make one myself, I put exactly what I love in a pizza and nothing else.

• Like 1

I brought back a pizza stone with me from the US. Paid $12.95 for it, I believe. With it, I can make a decent pizza in my home oven. I have to admit I buy the base at Villa, but it is pretty good, and my pizza comes out a bit on the crispy side, just as I like it.

I pile my pizza high with home-made Italian sausage, salami, ham, onions, green peppers, kalmata olives, artichoke hearts, pineapple (my friend insists on that), and lots of sauce. I also brush the base with olive oil to crisp it up a bit to get it how I like it.

All told, I find it better than any pizza I have had in Thailand, and it probably costs less than 200 baht all told.

I had a Pizza Company pizza once, and only that one time as my friend's niece just opened the place for business, and frankly, that is the last time I will ever have one of theirs. I have had a couple of good ones in a few independent places and one upscale Italian restaurant, but when I make one myself, I put exactly what I love in a pizza and nothing else.

A stone is the answer if you are using a regular oven. They are difficult to find in Thailand, even if you can explain what you want. A piece of marble, as mentioned in another post, is also a good idea. You still can't beat a wood oven for temperature, flavour and speed.

Paradise Pizza is not bad for American style pizza, but the Duke's is better.

I have heard Duke's is very good. I searched online for a good address, but no luck. Can anyone give me simple directions? I thought it was Soi 7 off moonmuang or something, and then once across the canal east of the city. no luck. I can always ask someone in my thai class.

"The reason why your base was not cooked long enough is that they use gas or electric oven that doesn't heat the floor to the required temperature. My wife's restaurant has a wood fired oven that keeps the floor hot enough to cook pizzas properly in two minutes."

When I built my house I installed polished granite counter tops in the bathrooms. I put one of the sink cutouts on the bottom shelf of the oven and make sure that it is preheated for about 45 minutes before I put the pizza in, directly on the granite. Cooks perfect pizza every time.

Efficient and smart!

I have heard Duke's is very good. I searched online for a good address, but no luck. Can anyone give me simple directions? I thought it was Soi 7 off moonmuang or something, and then once across the canal east of the city. no luck. I can always ask someone in my thai class.

The Duke's is located on the east bank of the Ping River, between the Nawarat Bridge and the Iron Bridge. It is well lit and has two signs.

The Duke's,49/4-5 Chiangmai-Lamphun Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Tel.: 053 - 249231.

Edit: My favourite pizza in Asia by a long margin.

Edited by smokie36

The Duke's is located on the east bank of the Ping River, between the Nawarat Bridge and the Iron Bridge. It is well lit and has two signs.

The Duke's,49/4-5 Chiangmai-Lamphun Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Tel.: 053 - 249231.

Are you sure Smokie?

053 - 249231 ..... Hotel Restaurant Rodenbach in Enschede.

This is a small restaurant only 500 yards from my home in the Netherlands.w00t.gif

Are you sure Smokie?

053 - 249231 ..... Hotel Restaurant Rodenbach in Enschede.

This is a small restaurant only 500 yards from my home in the Netherlands.w00t.gif

biggrin.png

Nightbazaar Branch: 053- 818 603

• Like 1

I've heard a couple of times a story along these lines.

The Thai owner of the Pizza Hut chain in Thailand asked HO if he could introduce Thai style pizzas to his menus. Thais often like overloaded toppings - great piles of pineapple, for example. One pizza has sweet mayonnaise instead of the tomato sauce mix. When my wife first made pizzas, she would give customers the full condiments tray. The sight of them pouring on ketchup, HP brown sauce, chilli sauce and everything else in the tray turned my stomach. Now they get only what they ask for. I hate to see a good pizza spoiled like that.

The Pizza Hut HO refused his request. The Thai franchisee dumped Pizza Hut and set up Pizza Company doing what he wanted. Now we see the result - a Thai style pizza chain.

Why did the salad bars @ Pizza Hut & Pizza Company disappear? It was amazing to watch the locals build a foot-tall pyramid in one little bowl. Some of the creations I saw would make most engineers jealous...