Young Men Arrested For Fight With Briton In Pattaya

Lite Beer

I wish I could draw my pension at 58!

(Please don't tell me what I am more worried about - my comment was on the prevalence of violence in all its forms in Pattaya).

Only an <deleted> would be worried about prevalence of violence and spouting shit in a thread that has the assaulted reading closely whilst still being black and blue/stitched back together.

You can disagree with me, but is it really necessary to call me an "<deleted>" who is "spouting shit"? With an attitude like that, I wouldn't be surprised if you get into a few fights yourself.

You pegged him right, probably why he identifies so much with the guy that was beat up. What happened was over the top but I am sure he played a big part in it himself. He is no lamb. Some people have bad attitude and that only increases when drunk.

Others can be perfectly nice when drunk, guess who has less problems.

He has not pegged anything, his comments are tasteless speculation that add very little. I'll side with most all day long when the facts add up and speculation weighs against. Especially speculation from biased parties such as anonymous poster with a friend who is a trained paramedic that sits by and watches someones life in the balance. What about the bar owner? Are we going to give her story complete credibility since if something was not put forward to the bib then serious criminal charges would ensue....

Edited by jamesdoe1234

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You pegged him right, probably why he identifies so much with the guy that was beat up. What happened was over the top but I am sure he played a big part in it himself. He is no lamb. Some people have bad attitude and that only increases when drunk.

You can disagree with me, but is it really necessary to call me an "<deleted>" who is "spouting shit"? With an attitude like that, I wouldn't be surprised if you get into a few fights yourself.

Others can be perfectly nice when drunk, guess who has less problems.

He has not pegged anything, his comments are tasteless speculation that add very little. I'll side with most all day long when the facts add up and speculation weighs against. Especially speculation from biased parties such as anonymous poster with a friend who is a trained paramedic that sits by and watches someones life in the balance. What about the bar owner? Are we going to give her story complete credibility since if something was not put forward to the bib then serious criminal charges would ensue....

You are aggressive in how you formulate your opinion calling people names and such.. id say he has you pegged good. You can disagree without resulting to name calling. Obviously you haven't learned that yet some people will never learn those are at a higher risk of incidents like this.

You can keep things civil.

And on a forum there will always be speculation else it would be dead silent there. I also think the guy is no angel admitting a drunken row. He was probably a nuisance, and yes the beating is over the top. But its that kind of guys that start trouble and make stuff less enjoyable for others.

My ill feeling towards this chap has a great deal more to do with his lack of sympathy than anything else. If I want to call someone an <deleted> I will and if I want to be courteous in the face of criticism I most certainly will, but thanks for the advice. Despite totally disagreeing with your sentiment I have not called you an <deleted>. :)

Yes please. Because I can't say I make a habit of walking around Pattaya at breakfast time drunk. Do you?

I have done many times. In my younger days especially, not too much these days mind you, but it was all good fun. You should try it.

Your point is...?

"It was all good fun".

For you, maybe. For the barstaff, wait staff, receptionists, people just doing their normal job, trying to make a living, those just passing by, maybe less so.

Now multiply that by a hundred, by a hundred thousand. Day in and day out. Gritting your teeth while yet another drunk farang gets in your face.

The only surprising thing is not that this happened, but that it does not happen a dozen times every day.

Totally agree- i am amazed that drunk , obnoxious, farangs are not getting beaten up like this way more often. Well done to the Thais for restraining themselves to the extent they do. Edited by ExpatJ

Yes please. Because I can't say I make a habit of walking around Pattaya at breakfast time drunk. Do you?

I have done many times. In my younger days especially, not too much these days mind you, but it was all good fun. You should try it.

Your point is...?

"It was all good fun".

For you, maybe. For the barstaff, wait staff, receptionists, people just doing their normal job, trying to make a living, those just passing by, maybe less so.

Now multiply that by a hundred, by a hundred thousand. Day in and day out. Gritting your teeth while yet another drunk farang gets in your face.

The only surprising thing is not that this happened, but that it does not happen a dozen times every day.

Totally agree- i am amazed that drunk , obnoxious, farangs are not getting beaten up like this way more often. Well done to the Thais for restraining themselves to the extent they do.

If your idea of restraining is random planks running in off the street to kick a man while he's down and out then you need out of the sun mate!

jamesdoe1234, on 02 Apr 2013 - 12:48, said:

My ill feeling towards this chap has a great deal more to do with his lack of sympathy than anything else. If I want to call someone an <deleted> I will and if I want to be courteous in the face of criticism I most certainly will, but thanks for the advice. Despite totally disagreeing with your sentiment I have not called you an <deleted>. smile.png

But you have called me one, for no good reason. Edited by brewsterbudgen

My ill feeling towards this chap has a great deal more to do with his lack of sympathy than anything else. If I want to call someone an <deleted> I will and if I want to be courteous in the face of criticism I most certainly will, but thanks for the advice. Despite totally disagreeing with your sentiment I have not called you an <deleted>. smile.png

But you have called me one, for no good reason.

Yeah, it dates back to the liking of gaucho's post on page three, unless you know something I don't, I found the whole post tasteless in the face of the beating he took.

Please do let me know what would make you like a story about a paramedic standing by watching a man nearly beaten to death?

Please do let me know what would make you like a story about a paramedic standing by watching a man nearly beaten to death?

I'm curious to hear about this as well.

Whats worse a drunk older Farrang (possibly causing a nuisance) and getting kicked to $hit by a pack coward soi dogs or the Farrang medic that sits there watching and not helping?

Whats worse a drunk older Farrang (possibly causing a nuisance) and getting kicked to $hit by a pack coward soi dogs or the Farrang medic that sits there watching and not helping?

I have no idea, I can only suppose he is following the first rule I was taught, dont put your own life in danger to help someone else.

Who knows what would have happened had the "medic" decided to play the hero, the crowd turns on him as well?

The Thai Motorbike Taxi Guys had No Business in this Fight.

That is probably why you don't see a report of any arrests of the establishment empolyees or owners.

It wasn't a fight, a fight is one on one, man to man.

Regards.

It might be useful for you to know that Thailand has no "good samaritan" laws to legally protect anyone offering aid in such a circumstance.

Foreigners offer help in such situations at their own (legal) risk.

The ethics of the situation might be an interesting conversation for another time.

• Like 1

I have no idea, I can only suppose he is following the first rule I was taught, dont put your own life in danger to help someone else.

Who knows what would have happened had the "medic" decided to play the hero, the crowd turns on him as well?

I'm curious considering his choice of profession how would you feel if say firefighters took the same cowardly approach to a job they are trained in?

That is probably why you don't see a report of any arrests of the establishment empolyees or owners.

Regards.

It was a Thai fight so 5 or 6 onto 1 is considered normal by their standards.,....

• Like 1

Yeah, it dates back to the liking of gaucho's post on page three, unless you know something I don't, I found the whole post tasteless in the face of the beating he took.

At the time I "liked" Gaucho's post there was no evidence that what he witnessed wasn't the truth. I "liked" the fact that someone was posting an eye-witness account of the event. If a person is drunkenly attacking people with pool cues and balls, he is asking for trouble. Now that the victim himself has posted (in a far more restrained and intelligent way than you!) I'm more sympathetic, but anyone with any experience of living in Thailand should know better than to act aggressively with the locals.

Edited by Rimmer

It might be useful for you to know that Thailand has no "good samaritan" laws to legally protect anyone offering aid in such a circumstance.

The ethics of the situation might be an interesting conversation for another time.

OK I'll accept that BUT he is not some Joe Shmoe with basic first aid training he is a trained medic.

Personally I feel the ethics of his actions are as interesting if not more so than the guy who had the problem or the fact once again a pack of Thai cowards jumped a single guy. We all know what Thai's are like when it comes to a fight but a fellow trained medic tourist sitting back doing nothing. Thats more newsworthy....

At the time I "liked" Gaucho's post there was no evidence that what he witnessed wasn't the truth. I "liked" the fact that someone was posting an eye-witness account of the event. If a person is drunkenly attacking people with pool cues and balls, he is asking for trouble. Now that the victim himself has posted (in a far more restrained and intelligent way than you!) I'm more sympathetic, but anyone with any experience of living in Thailand should know better than to act aggressively with the locals.

We will have to agree to disagree then because I chose not to instantly believe anonymous slurs of people after they have taken a beating and the only evidence I have is a video of yobs booting one man alone senseless. You'll note my initial posts are before the victims.

Personally and completely the opposite to you I then feel the need to further discredit that anonymous poster because of the vile things written with little or no evidence to support, and that which written morally wrong also. Not LIKE his post.

Your still the only one I was calling an <deleted>, though given your obvious sympathy after being drawn out I will retract and apologise.

We will have to agree to disagree then because I chose not to instantly believe anonymous slurs of people after they have taken a beating and the only evidence I have is a video of yobs booting one man alone senseless. You'll note my initial posts are before the victims.

Personally and completely the opposite to you I then feel the need to further discredit that anonymous poster because of the vile things written with little or no evidence to support, and that which written morally wrong also.

Your still the only one I was calling an <deleted>, though given your obvious sympathy after being drawn out I will retract and apologise.

Fair enough - and thanks.

If a person is drunkenly attacking people with pool cues and balls, he is asking for trouble. Now that the victim himself has posted (in a far more restrained and intelligent way than you!) I'm more sympathetic, but anyone with any experience of living in Thailand should know better than to act aggressively with the locals.

I have to agree if this is in fact the way it really went down there seems to be a number of different versions mostly slanted in the typical anti Farrang way including the media but whats new.

You don't have to live here too long to know how the game is played when it comes to the locals. Give them even the slightest excuse to give out a kicking and they will and it will never be a couple of them it will be a group. Guess if you cant back it up don't do anything that could leave yourself open.

I'm curious considering his choice of profession how would you feel if say firefighters took the same cowardly approach to a job they are trained in?

>

Regards.

It was a Thai fight so 5 or 6 onto 1 is considered normal by their standards.,....

I'm curious considering his choice of profession how would you feel if

say firefighters took the same cowardly approach to a job they are

trained in?

Well its said he is a paramedic, to me that means treat the injured, he is not some sort of caped crusader crimefighter.

I dare say firefighters also adopt the same approach, risk assessment, you dont see them rushing in blindly, someone will have assessed the situation then make a desicion based on experience.

Anyway, why should it just be the paramedic, werent there others also witnessed this incident?

• Like 1

Further I'd Recommend to you, post your own views on his account rather than like a story with a Paramedic who sits by while a mans beaten to near death. Otherwise you do face open criticism from morally decent people.

Further I'd Recommend to you, post your own views on his account rather than like a story with a Paramedic who sits by while a mans beaten to near death. Otherwise you do face open criticism from morally decent people.

The bit about the paramedic was incidental. I "liked" him posting his eyewitness account.

But please, let's just leave it now.

Anyway, why should it just be the paramedic, werent there others also witnessed this incident?

Maybe because thats what he is trained to do? Or am I missing the point here because he was on holiday?

Totally agree- i am amazed that drunk , obnoxious, farangs are not getting beaten up like this way more often. Well done to the Thais for restraining themselves to the extent they do.

Nice one!! Why not just call open season' on anyone who likes a drink...? I'll wager you've never been drunk nor obnoxious bar when you post your drivel here...

If that makes me an "arsehol_e" in your opinion, fair enough. But I would recommend you calm down and lay off the insults.

Pathetic.

Gaucho wasn't even an eyewitness. If you read his statement he opens it with ''people i know''....

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

If a person is drunkenly attacking people with pool cues and balls, he is asking for trouble. Now that the victim himself has posted (in a far more restrained and intelligent way than you!) I'm more sympathetic, but anyone with any experience of living in Thailand should know better than to act aggressively with the locals.

I have to agree if this is in fact the way it really went down there seems to be a number of different versions mostly slanted in the typical anti Farrang way including the media but whats new.

You don't have to live here too long to know how the game is played when it comes to the locals. Give them even the slightest excuse to give out a kicking and they will and it will never be a couple of them it will be a group. Guess if you cant back it up don't do anything that could leave yourself open.

You don't have to live here too long to know how the game is played when

it comes to the locals. Give them even the slightest excuse to give out

a kicking and they will and it will never be a couple of them it will

be a group.

Its also not an anti farang thing, they are just as likely to dish it out to one of their own, in fact I have seen Thais taking a beating more often than I have seen farangs being beaten.

This guy has been here for 9 years, a couple of words in Thai would have resolved his problem 99% of the time, I assume he does at least speak rudimetary Thai.

All this does is show, Pattaya and Thailand aint the paradise some claim in to be, these bottom feeders are all around just waiting to pounce.

Lets assume the OP did infact break a pool cue, how much was he being ripped off for?

Did he in fact break a cue and did he offer to pay for it?

Or was he just another innocent victim of some opportunist who saw a chance to make a quick buck from some farang?

Maybe because thats what he is trained to do? Or am I missing the point here because he was on holiday?

I dont know what a paramedic is trained to do, I am not a paramedic.

I thought a paramedics job was to treat injured people, but I may be wrong.

OK I'll accept that BUT he is not some Joe Shmoe with basic first aid training he is a trained medic.

Personally I feel the ethics of his actions are as interesting if not more so than the guy who had the problem or the fact once again a pack of Thai cowards jumped a single guy. We all know what Thai's are like when it comes to a fight but a fellow trained medic tourist sitting back doing nothing. Thats more newsworthy....

respectfully, the original post said a trained "paramedic", not a "medic". I would account there to be a fair difference between those two things.

However, whether a trained medic (doctor) or a trained paramedic, neither would have (legal) protection if they offered aid.

But I suppose the point is, that any farang would waded in (even with the best of intentions) would stand a fair chance of getting caught up in the kicking. Sad as it is, the only sensible (and safe) option would be to offer aid AFTER it was all over.

Paramedics get trained not to ADD to the casualty total.

(note on edit, we are talking a non-Thai, non board certified in Thailand medic)

Edited by FWIW

With all due respect folks, the 'statement' which mentioned a 'paramedic' is probably made up and is NOT an eyewitness account but merely comes from people Gaucho "knows"....

Let's focus on the known 'facts' here....

fair point.

facts, agreed by all, lets see:

Guy old enough to know better is drunk on walking street at breakfast time. Some how "breakfast" is changed to "snooker joint" where he gets into an argument over damages. Kicking follows.

Fair enough?

Its also not an anti farang thing, they are just as likely to dish it out to one of their own, in fact I have seen Thais taking a beating more often than I have seen farangs being beaten.

This guy has been here for 9 years, a couple of words in Thai would have resolved his problem 99% of the time, I assume he does at least speak rudimetary Thai.

All this does is show, Pattaya and Thailand aint the paradise some claim in to be, these bottom feeders are all around just waiting to pounce.

Lets assume the OP did infact break a pool cue, how much was he being ripped off for?

Or was he just another innocent victim of some opportunist who saw a chance to make a quick buck from some farang?

Never seen a Thai on Thai but then again I dont drink in Thai only places so wouldn't expect to see it. I have however seen a number of Farrangs jumped. Guess it all depends on where you are drinking?

Agreed after 9 years he should know the game. Depending on how drunk he was he should also know when to stop drinking.

Well according to most BM's this sort of thing never happens!

Do you really need to ask the question when the answer is so obvious!

Only he knows (if he can remember) and the boss of the bar

+1

• Like 1