Where Can I Buy The Cheapest Brand Name Whey Protein?

TingTong187

TingTong I dont know how much you can store but up in Issan we buy the 20 Killo 44 lb sack for 12,000 baht they pay all freight --Asoke BKK ......its from the Musashi group, we get a shop to vacuum seal it in 1Kl packs...they charge us 20 baht.....price wise it would work out at 2,725 baht for 10 lb....... http://www.thaisupplements.com/20kg-pure-whey-protein

Now help me out I am in Pattaya next week where can I buy some L-arginine from.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Musashi group, which is one of the biggest sellers in Oz.......... Its the just whey protein powder, so absolutely no sugar or sweeteners, no color or flavoring, I get the instantised which is more expensive at 18--20,000bht --for 20 kilo

If you are into flavoring, then just a small bottle of Vanilla essence, or what ever flavor essence from Big C baking dept, but I find I am used to the no flavor & can use it on cereal or even soups, They sell so much of it to the health clubs that they often run out for months at a time..... its imported from Canada.....I'll give you a quarter lb sample if you want...........OK thanks for the shop

• 100-WP-Concentrate-185x185.png
    Nothing But Pure 100% Whey Protein. No Sweeteners, No Flavours and No Additives. 80% Protein with Low Fat and Low Carbs. Ideal Post Workout Supplement

From ฿12,000

• Nothing But Pure 100% Whey Protein. No Sweeteners, No Flavours and No Additives. 90% Protein with Negligible Fat and Carbs. Ideal Post Workout Supplement - The fastest absorbing protein available--From ฿18,635

TingTong I dont know how much you can store but up in Issan we buy the 20 Killo 44 lb sack for 12,000 baht they pay all freight --Asoke BKK ......its from the Musashi group, we get a shop to vacuum seal it in 1Kl packs...they charge us 20 baht.....price wise it would work out at 2,725 baht for 10 lb....... http://www.thaisupplements.com/20kg-pure-whey-protein

I am not sure what kinda protein powder can cost you 12k for 20kilo, must be insane quality brand ))))))

The shop that I said above has L-arginine by Ultimate Nutrition.

Those are just the prices in Thailand.. nothing to do about its actually cheaper as club protein who I thought were already a good deal in Thailand.

I am not sure what kinda protein powder can cost you 12k for 20kilo, must be insane quality brand ))))))

The price is low because it is in bulk.

I have used the protein Sanuk is talking about, and however isn't branded Musashi, it is a good quality. If I recall correctly it is Provon290 from Glanbia, one of the biggest diary companies in the world.

He who pays 2000 Bht/kg for a brandname protein, and thinks he get something different, must be insane.

The price is low because it is in bulk.

I have used the protein Sanuk is talking about, and however isn't branded Musashi, it is a good quality. If I recall correctly it is Provon290 from Glanbia, one of the biggest diary companies in the world.

He who pays 2000 Bht/kg for a brandname protein, and thinks he get something different, must be insane.

Its quite a bit cheaper as club protein. I usually buy my stuff there. I don't use large amounts so 20kg would be far too much for me.

Would't it be nice if clubs used Optimum Nutrition for mixing...

As others said why pay more when you can get cheaper just as good alternatives. All those premium brands don't offer that much more for what you are getting. You wont feel the difference or notice it in growth. But many young and impressionable people still fall for it.

Would't it be nice if clubs used Optimum Nutrition for mixing...

As others said why pay more when you can get cheaper just as good alternatives. All those premium brands don't offer that much more for what you are getting. You wont feel the difference or notice it in growth. But many young and impressionable people still fall for it.

I'd go a step further and say you're getting less for your money if you don't buy the natural unadulterated whey protein (isolate or concentrate)... because you're getting a lot of crap added that you don't need (and could be harmful) AND you're paying for attractive packaging.

Either way, most of us are getting more than enough protein from our regular diets. Unless someone is taking anabolic drugs it's unlikely they will benefit from extra protein. It's mostly just marketing nonsense.

Either way, most of us are getting more than enough protein from our regular diets. Unless someone is taking anabolic drugs it's unlikely they will benefit from extra protein. It's mostly just marketing nonsense.

Well, its quite a controversial point, as I having possibility to use all top brand supplements REALLY FEEL the progress in my workouts. Moreover I definitely feel change in my health when changing brands or excluding quality sport supplements at all. Of course, I practically live in a gym, I train on daily basis, sometimes twice a day, as most semi-pro and pro do.

This is how I look now, and its completely natural (if you believe me)

R_sW8-J22KA.jpgRQ4HguOtnjw.jpg

If you have any nutritional questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Seriously? Those photos prove what? That different protein supplements can make a difference?

Sorry to disagree, but saying you feel different on different protein supplements is all in your head. You're obviously in the business of marketing supplements.

Your photos are unimpressive. You need to lose bodyfat.

Edited by tropo

Well, I am not trying to impress anyone or demanding to be a competing IFBB pro, just expressing my thoughts and share my feel. It's all about willing to help anyone that might have any questions about the quality supplements like Optimum Nutrition, MuscleTech, MusclePharm, etc that we distribute here in Pattaya and Thailand-wide and their use.

Lots of my customers can feel the effect of including BCAA+Glutamine in their diet plan, I see their results and progress and do they. You cant but agree that choosing between no-name protein powder instead of brand one you are putting your stomach and immune system to the test. So the 'head" you are talking about is the only means that stands between getting RESULT or staying "on position".

I would love to see your remarkable results, if you don't mind, so we could make a very interesting topic for those guys that are really inspired by this sport.

Seriously after 20+ years of training and trying different brands of whey protein I feel absolutely no different. They are all the same, what you are saying is complete nonsense in my opinion. Of course you are trying to sell the stuff so that would make you a bit bias.

You should know that progress of a bodybuilder is slow at best (after the first few years) and saying you can see the different effect whey proteins have are the funniest thing I have ever heard. I have talked to many people who worked out long and hard and tried different supplements and none ever live up to the claims.

I have a hard time seeing the difference between taking protein powder and not taking them. Even if (lets take a funny number) it works 50% less as your band names by your reasoning i should feel it.

Sorry but I believed that kind of things when I was 18 but not at 40. You should see the youtube clips of real bodybuilders and read some of the truth behind supplements. But of course that is not what a seller of this stuff wants to hear. (like sure i did not lie when i told them i was using product A but I left out that I was also taking xxx mg of testosterone per week.)

I personally have more faith in all the guys that i have talked to about supplements in the years of my training then one who sells it.

Edited by robblok

I do a lot of sports, mainly cardio, but also some weight lifting ( about 2 h, 2-3 days per week ). I eat a healthy,very varied diet ( no low carb, no vegetarian, no no sugar, no no oil, no no salt, no only raw, no only fruit fad diet...). I' ve never been on any medication or supplements, dont do drugs, except an occasional coffee or a few beers, never was overweight.

3 month ago i ordered 3 kg whey protein from clubprotein...

Every morning before my regular workout/breakfast i had more than 3 tablespoons dissolved in plain 400 ml water. To my surprise, i really could see some kind of muscle growth which i considered as borderline "unnatural" , the downside was that it disturbed my digestive system as well.

Now, i'm a little concerned about this "growthphenomenon" - could it be, that an undetected tumour or cancer cells get "kick started" from protein drinks?

Finished the whole 3 kg but did not reorder...

I do a lot of sports, mainly cardio, but also some weight lifting ( about 2 h, 2-3 days per week ). I eat a healthy,very varied diet ( no low carb, no vegetarian, no no sugar, no no oil, no no salt, no only raw, no only fruit fad diet...). I' ve never been on any medication or supplements, dont do drugs, except an occasional coffee or a few beers, never was overweight.

Every morning before my regular workout/breakfast i had more than 3 tablespoons dissolved in plain 400 ml water. To my surprise, i really could see some kind of muscle growth which i considered as borderline "unnatural" , the downside was that it disturbed my digestive system as well.

Now, i'm a little concerned about this "growthphenomenon" - could it be, that an undetected tumour or cancer cells get "kick started" from protein drinks?

The only reason you could possibly notice an increase in muscle from consuming whey protein is if you were protein deficient before you started taking it.

That's quite unlikely, but if you were protein deficient you could have easily solved the problem by eating more protein.

You're certainly not going to develop "unnatural" muscle from drinking it. 3 tablespoon of WPC is about 25 grams of protein. You can get that from eating 100 grams of chicken or 3/4 eggs.

Your experience is really impressive, although you haven't mentioned any of your titles. I've been training for 7 years and being in sport since 12, and my first supplement like many others was creatine monohydrate (multipower at that time) and this what practically made me come up with 198kg bench press at my first competitions in Belarus, where I was born. But the only thing that I can not really understand fully is that how some of the guys having really wide knowledge and experience still equalize everyone to their own experience. And I am sure that you having such a long experience in BB, as you told, will not deny the fact that some people cant digest what others can flawlessly. That is actually the only point I stand for when discussing the quality of protein powders. But I am speaking about the whole variety of supplements in our shop and on the market in general. However, I am really glad that we have such an interesting conversation in here, and I cant but respect your opinion supported by such a long-term experience, although it can be argued easily. If you could post some of the images of your best shape, we could higher up the grade of interestingness of this thread. ------- Best wishes and respect, your Bear Gym and Supplements Pattaya

Common sense mate.. seems you don't have it. If you have so much experience as me training from 15-16 (not 12) you tend to talk with a lot of people. You learn a lot its not my own experience its that of the majority of people training. Also documentaries about the truth about supplements really help people understand the cheating ways of supplement companies. You should read big sites about supplement and see that the users usually feel no difference between brands and no brands. The only ones feeling it and promoting it are those who are sponsored by it or selling it.

I can vouch for no name good quality whey it is as good as all the brand name crap and does as much. As for supplements over the years I and others have found that there are only a few worth taking. Creatine and protein are two of those. Many others are just designed to take money from unsuspecting people.

Now maybe you should pay the forum some money for constantly spamming your business others seem to pay for the pleasure, they are called sponsors.

Well, I am not trying to impress anyone or demanding to be a competing IFBB pro, just expressing my thoughts and share my feel. It's all about willing to help anyone that might have any questions about the quality supplements like Optimum Nutrition, MuscleTech, MusclePharm, etc that we distribute here in Pattaya and Thailand-wide and their use.

Lots of my customers can feel the effect of including BCAA+Glutamine in their diet plan, I see their results and progress and do they. You cant but agree that choosing between no-name protein powder instead of brand one you are putting your stomach and immune system to the test. So the 'head" you are talking about is the only means that stands between getting RESULT or staying "on position".

I would love to see your remarkable results, if you don't mind, so we could make a very interesting topic for those guys that are really inspired by this sport.

I agree that there will be an effect when adding BCAA's, creatine or glutamine to your diet, but saying WPI from brand A gives much better results than WPI from brand B, is saying that my car drives faster on gasoline from pump A compared to pump B.

The only reason you could possibly notice an increase in muscle from consuming whey protein is if you were protein deficient before you started taking it.

That's quite unlikely, but if you were protein deficient you could have easily solved the problem by eating more protein.

You're certainly not going to develop "unnatural" muscle from drinking it. 3 tablespoon of WPC is about 25 grams of protein. You can get that from eating 100 grams of chicken or 3/4 eggs.

As tropo said, whey is no different from other protein sources thought it might absorb a bit better however the amount you are taking is not that much. I take currently a bit more then that say 60 grams in the morning and an other 60 grams extra on a training day. Also bought at clubprotein. I do this because I try to stay low in calories and get to certain ratios plus I think its easy to prepare. My other meals are usually egg and salads.

But seriously if you were eating healthy already you should not have this kind of response so maybe you were deficient in something.

Though I don't know what you call unnatural muscle ? How many KG did you gain ?

I keep reordering from club protein as it is far cheaper and high quality WPC as those brand names. You save a lot, though not as much as the guy ordering the 20 kg bags.

Personally I consider protein powders as helpful but I never noticed changes because of it. The biggest change in my body came when i started eating healthy wish I had known that when I was young. A good base diet helps so much more then any supplement will ever do. Supplements are just that an additive.

I take at the moment whey protein from club protein / BCAA when I want to fast for a while (not sure if it helps but i can afford it and it gives a peace of mind). fish oil (bought on ebay), some multi vitamin tablets from optimum nutrition (again ebay but any good vitamin will do).

I am still not sure if vitamins really help they never gave me the energy boost I got from juicing vegetables and garlic and such and drinking that. (after a week i felt the energy difference never had that with vitamin tablets) Though I dont juice as much as I want because it does take some time to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vxrTMYXpZo (real good eye opener)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwUYSi3c2Oo (Rich Piana the truth about supplements)

Edited by robblok

Rob, correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall in some previous topic you mentioning you used only Dymatize ISO 100?

Btw, I do and think it's worth a small premium over those 'no name brands' one can find in a typical pharmacy here. Mixes easily, tastes great.

Rob, correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall in some previous topic you mentioning you used only Dymatize ISO 100?

Btw, I do and think it's worth a small premium over those 'no name brands' one can find in a typical pharmacy here. Mixes easily, tastes great.

Actually I dont use Dymatize ISO 100 have always been using club proteins stuff, before that I did use optimum nutrition.

No name pharmacy brands, you cant compare with the stuff from club protein, however they did not ad a flavor so if you like a flavor why not pay for it. That is a good enough reason to buy it. What I mean is once you got a good basic whey protein (and I dont count those Thai Pharmacy stuff as a good basic whey) the effect will be the same.

The Dymatize I use is BCAA (for when I want to fast and still kinda protect muscles from breaking down might be an irrelevant fear) I also got some creatine from Dymatize but because I want to keep track of my weight right now I don't use it. I have used creatine and it does help in my opinion with more power during a workout.

Btw I noticed the other day in K Village - next to Villa is a drug store that is stocked with ON, Dymatize and more - at normal prices if anyone is looking for stuff in Sukhumvit area. Very near my new office so great for me, better than heading off to Silom

Pre workouts.. i tried a few, gaspari nutrition superpump max, no explode and an other one.. cant remember the name. My experience was that they did work, but not that much better as taking a cafeine tablet (cheaper) and all including the cafeine tablet would stop working after a while. You need to take periods off from it to have it work. So in the end i decided its better to go without.

Btw I noticed the other day in K Village - next to Villa is a drug store that is stocked with ON, Dymatize and more - at normal prices if anyone is looking for stuff in Sukhumvit area. Very near my new office so great for me, better than heading off to Silom

I noticed a whle back that there was a shop on the Bangyai night market that stocked supplements from the famous brands for prices comparable with those bought online (online is usually cheaper)

But its always good to go and get something if you don't like ordering online.

A cheap but hard shop is Fitwhey (believe the biggest in Thailand) after paying you need to tell them you paid. But they are cheap and have a huge selection. I bought my gloves and belt there, but they got loads of supplements too.

I noticed a whle back that there was a shop on the Bangyai night market that stocked supplements from the famous brands for prices comparable with those bought online (online is usually cheaper)

A cheap but hard shop is Fitwhey (believe the biggest in Thailand) after paying you need to tell them you paid. But they are cheap and have a huge selection. I bought my gloves and belt there, but they got loads of supplements too.

Lots of guys I know in Pattaya buy at pattayawhey.com now as they are locally based and sometimes even cheaper then fitwhey.

To the pre-workouts, I'd probably use them more for pump and vascularity then for getting "kicked up", but some of them work good for me (like MT vapor or Myo-blitz)

Lots of guys I know in Pattaya buy at pattayawhey.com now as they are locally based and sometimes even cheaper then fitwhey.

To the pre-workouts, I'd probably use them more for pump and vascularity then for getting "kicked up", but some of them work good for me (like MT vapor or Myo-blitz)

I used them to get kicked up.. I even used ECA for it... bet you know what it is. Not the best to do but gives a great workout. However with everything.. when using to much your body adapts.

Yeah, agree about adaptation, thats y I have 4 different of them open xD ))))

I had 2 different ones at a time.. but switching did not seem to work. Anyway as I used them for getting energy the cafeine tablet did the same thing. I bought 1 kilo of cafeine in the Netherlands and make my own caps. Though currently not using it much as adaptation is not good and too much of it keeps me from sleeping good.

Just bought 3 cans of tuna steak in spring water : 35 grams of protein per can at 44 baht a can. buy 2 get 1 free at Big C smile.png

YUCK... I buy the tuna on oil.. yes its worse but otherwise I cant eat it. I eat it a lot with a big salad that I make.

Just bought 3 cans of tuna steak in spring water : 35 grams of protein per can at 44 baht a can. buy 2 get 1 free at Big C smile.png

YUCK... I buy the tuna on oil.. yes its worse but otherwise I cant eat it. I eat it a lot with a big salad that I make.

Rob, that's why I keep the extra virgin olive oil around mate - not sure what they put in the oiled version of the tuna, 5 w 30 synthetic?

Btw, don't laugh, try your tuna with ordinary mustard on top ....

If you want some real noticeable energy and health benefits start juicing. Not talking about steroids but about a slow juicer.

I put some garlic, kalle, bittergourd, ginger, tomato, carrot, cucumber, limes and others (whatever i bought) in it. After taking a week you will really start to feel better.

It might be a bit expensive all those veggies but it works, but i have to admit its a lot of work (to clean) but worth it i try to do it a couple of days a week (aim for everyday)

Rob, that's why I keep the extra virgin olive oil around mate - not sure what they put in the oiled version of the tuna, 5 w 30 synthetic?

Btw, don't laugh, try your tuna with ordinary mustard on top ....

Yes I got extra virgin olive oil too and yes I am sure the oil is of a bad quality. I might try on spring water again and add my own olive oil. In the end whole foods beat supplements hands down.