Where Can I Buy The Cheapest Brand Name Whey Protein?

TingTong187

Where can I get the best price for brand name whey protein
in Pattaya?

I used to use the place on Buakhao but they have recently
changed hands and have pushed their prices up even more.

I was getting a 10lb bag of Optimum Nutrition whey for 4500
baht and now they want 5500 although they did discount to 5000.

Any other places I can get a 10lb bag of Optimum Nutrition
for around 4500?

Thanks in advance smile.png

Edited by TingTong187

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't knowmtheirmprices but the Siam Drug Store outlet on the ground floor of the Festival Plaza Mall (Big C North Pattaya) sells tubs of Optimum Nutrition protein powders, as well as other brands. They have a good selection of imported nutrition supplements and bars.

There is also a GNC in the Tops Market at 2nd and Central Road that sells protein powders.

Don't knowmtheirmprices but the Siam Drug Store outlet on the ground floor of the Festival Plaza Mall (Big C North Pattaya) sells tubs of Optimum Nutrition protein powders, as well as other brands. They have a good selection of imported nutrition supplements and bars.

There is also a GNC in the Tops Market at 2nd and Central Road that sells protein powders.

Ok thanks. Tried GNC in Tops, 5000 for 5lbs of their own brand, so twice as expenisve lol

Siam Drug Store has a 10lb bag of Optimum Nutrition for 8000 baht, so again nearly twice as expenisve.

Went back to Pattaya Pro Nutrition on Buakhao and got 10lb bag for 5000. Guess they are the cheapest shop then!

Thanks for all the replies

Ok thanks. Tried GNC in Tops, 5000 for 5lbs of their own brand, so twice as expenisve lol

Siam Drug Store has a 10lb bag of Optimum Nutrition for 8000 baht, so again nearly twice as expenisve.

Went back to Pattaya Pro Nutrition on Buakhao and got 10lb bag for 5000. Guess they are the cheapest shop then!

Thanks for all the replies

Prices for imported protein powders are crazy expensive in LOS...I guess high excise taxes (unusual for a food or healthcare product) or small market and expensive shipping costs. I wouldn't trust the quality of the local protein products and they aren't much cheaper in any case.

I always pick up a 5lb tub or 10lb bag on my annual vacation Stateside.

I think you must have misunderstood my link,

its the best deal by far, and you dont need a visa card or similar to buy this,

you will just go to the bank and deposit 1500 baht, send an email and confirm it is done,

and receive your bags of protein 2-3 days later

you will just go to the bank and deposit 1500 baht, send an email and confirm it is done,

The site looked to be selling some no-name generic protein powder...don't know if Thai made or imported. There are vast differences in manufacturing and purity standards for imported name brand powders...so I certainly wouldn't buy (by pre-paying for it) some cheap generic powder off some Thai internet site. My body only gets the best...but to each his own.

Typical fat is 5.5%, and 750 baht/kg include shipping

yours is 3.5% and 905 baht/kg include shipping

What does it for me is that i can pay cash, i don't have a credit card so i cant order otherwise

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

We sell pure unflavoured whey isolate and whey concentrate from Glanbia, the owners of Optimum.

As it has no additives, flavours, colourings etc you get nothing but whey.

Our products are all legally imported and Thai FDA approved.

There is more info on our site - www.thaisupplements.com

http://www.thaisupplements.com/20kg-pure-whey-protein

You can process orders on our site, e-mail us at [email protected] or PM me.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

8.5% of fat is to much.

I buy my whey at phukethealthshop.com

Gold Standart from Optimum Nutrition 3.5% fat. 4,53 Kg For 4'099 baht free shipping.

I made 3 orders until now. Fast free delivery.

It's my first time ordering whey by mail. I wanted to get that deal, but it's now 4,349 and has been out of stock for some time. So I bought 2 KG of "Whey Protein Concentrate" from http://www.clubproteinonline.com. I talked to a nice lady who told me it's made in the USA, that's a new website, no store to visit, she ships it out of her home. Did a bank transfer for 1600, we'll see what happens in a couple days.

8.5% of fat is to much.

Gold Standart from Optimum Nutrition 3.5% fat. 4,53 Kg For 4'099 baht free shipping.

Ordered from them dozens of times, always perfect and VERY fast free delivery with EMS tracking. Top!

To the OP: If you want the best price then you have to order online. If you want to pick it up, then just pay more...

The site looked to be selling some no-name generic protein powder...don't know if Thai made or imported. There are vast differences in manufacturing and purity standards for imported name brand powders...so I certainly wouldn't buy (by pre-paying for it) some cheap generic powder off some Thai internet site. My body only gets the best...but to each his own.

It would have been nice if you'd done some research before putting your foot in your mouth.

ProteinClub's Whey Protein concentrate is not no-name, as the name is clearly indicated in the description of the product on the website:

"Overview

Our undenatured whey protein is produced by Agri-Mark (USA). It is derived from fresh, sweet dairy whey processed by ultrafiltration, agglomeration and surface treatment. Our whey provides over 81g of protein per 100g (dry basis), is low in fat and lactose and rich in calcium. This protein is isolated by low temperature ultra filtration to limit denaturation of the proteins. Whey protein contains a high concentration of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’S). It is considered to have the highest Biological Value of any protein source."

Details about Agri-Mark's protein can be obtained here: http://www.agrimark.net/whey_protein_products

They import it in 20kg bags and then repackage it into 1kg bags for the local market.

I've been using this product for 2 years. It's much preferable than products such as you prefer to consume with all the crap (flavours, sweeteners and other additives) they add, then put it in a fancy container with colourful labels and double the price. It does work - give it a fancy name, put it in a nice package, add some ingredients with fancy names (which are scientifically proven, of course) and many people are impressed. Gold standard - Wow!!

Unflavoured raw whey protein concentrate is what they use to make the branded formulas which you consume (unless you're buying whey protein isolate or other types of protein). I really like the idea of not having flavours and sweeteners added so I can use my own ingredients to make a delicious protein drink.

So you can continue to consume that crap - each to their own, and waste your money while you're at it.biggrin.png

Or get smart and start buying the real deal.

I wouldn't care if it was the same price, I'd still buy it, because it's just better.

Hi Guys,

We sell pure unflavoured whey isolate and whey concentrate from Glanbia, the owners of Optimum.

As it has no additives, flavours, colourings etc you get nothing but whey.

Our products are all legally imported and Thai FDA approved.

There is more info on our site - www.thaisupplements.com

http://www.thaisupplements.com/20kg-pure-whey-protein

You can process orders on our site, e-mail us at [email protected] or PM me.

Thanks.

The problem with you guys is that to get a good price we have to buy a 20kg bag of Whey concentrate or isolate. I've bought quite a few from you in the past, but when someone offers a similar product at a similar price in 1kg lots, it's a deal breaker. Gone are the days where I had 20kg stored in my cupboard just to get a low price.

Ok, it's not Glanbia, but I don't see there's any advantage with Glanbia over Agri-Mark.

I must stress that ProteinClub don't sell whey protein isolate, only the concentrate.

8.5% of fat is to much.

Ordered from them dozens of times, always perfect and VERY fast free delivery with EMS tracking. Top!

To the OP: If you want the best price then you have to order online. If you want to pick it up, then just pay more...

I'll third the phukethealthshop recommendation. Very fast delivery (usually 2-3 days), and reasonable markup, 10 lbs of ON Gold Standard in the US runs around $110-120 with shipping, so they are marking up about $10.

I also buy ClubProtein usually 5kg at a time. Pay by Paypal. Delivered in 1 or 2 days by EMS to my door.

Agree with Tropo - no flavor, no sugars, no additatives, blends easy is water or milk. Easy to get down with just water.

If I'm going to throw some oats, bananas, honey etc in with the powder why do I want chocolate, sugar or fillers in it?

I've tried every protein powder over the years and know what works and what doesn't.

I also buy ClubProtein usually 5kg at a time. Pay by Paypal. Delivered in 1 or 2 days by EMS to my door.

Agree with Tropo - no flavor, no sugars, no additatives, blends easy is water or milk. Easy to get down with just water.

If I'm going to throw some oats, bananas, honey etc in with the powder why do I want chocolate, sugar or fillers in it?

I've tried every protein powder over the years and know what works and what doesn't.

Another point worth mentioning. If a person would like to take a large quantity of protein powder in one hit, then this is the only way to go. I usually put in about 50 - 70 grams of powder at a time. This amounts to double the quantity in a "normal serve" of the branded, flavoured and sweetened products. You wouldn't be able to stomach a double serve of the branded stuff unless you doubled your liquid because they are flavoured and sweetened for single serves only.

About a year ago I was going through 1kg per week of the WPC. Can you imagine doing that with sickly chocolate or some other "engineered" flavouring.

Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate - I'm a chocoholic, but if I want chocolate I eat chocolate. I don't want to drink it 2 or 3 times per day - there's no fun in that.smile.png

• 5 weeks later...

Had to revisit this older thread to show how stupid I can be.

I use the non flavored ClubProtein concentrate and sometimes put in Hersheys chocolate sauce when I need a different taste.

Problem is that the Heinz BBQ sauce and the Hersheys plastic containers are the same color and nearly same size.

...and I made the mistake of grabbing the wrong bottle and putting in BBQ sauce.

I still drank it rather than waste 3 scoops of protein....but I do not recommend it.

post-21832-0-44957400-1398756216_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you want quality you can't pay peanuts. If you want results you have to pay for it, and if it's one thing I've learned it's that education is important but big biceps are importanter!