I Am Still Alive, Thaksin Tweets

webfact

I am still alive, Thaksin tweets
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- After being away from Twitter for over a year, fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra chose April Fool's Day Monday to come back - to rebut rumours he had died in an accident in Dubai and say he will soon post articles on Facebook to share stories he thinks interesting.

"Hello Thailand! Sawasdee krub, my dear Thai brothers and sisters. I have been away for a long time, I'm back here to greet you again as I received phone calls from my family since the morning.

They told me there were rumours that I might have died in an accident in Dubai. Then many of the red shirts and people who were concerned also called me.

Here please allow me to tweet and clarify that I am doing fine. There was no such accident as [in] the fabricated story. It's April 1, April Fools' Day," he posted.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-01

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of the guy in the Monty Python show about the Great Plague - " I'm not dead yet!"

Anybody got a club?

Yes, but they wouldn't let you join.

Edit: just to confirm I am joking, wouldn't want to be suspended and I know you're a sensitive soul.

Edited by muttley
  • Like 1

Tweeting is hardly proof the guy is still alive, anyone with his account details/password could easily post something under his name.

Lets be honest, if he had met with an 'accident' they would want to keep the news quiet as long as possible so as not to upset the apple cart back in the LOS

• Like 1

The funny thing is..I know his exile is a constant grating on his skin, and annoys him to know end, which is why its funny tongue.png

Of course. :-) Nothing more painful to a self aggrandizing person than to be removed from his throne of power. Of course I have to say his looting of the country from afar is going really really well.....
  • Like 2

Look at Me! Look at Me - Thaksin Tweets.

I came, I saw, I tweeted ... unsure.png

Deleted. (I just read everyone else's reply and they're much better than mine!) :D

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

Oh goody said the families of the people murdered for being drug suspects, a total violation of human rights, on this guy's watch, we want to talk to you.bah.gif

Well to say the very least, the drug trade dropped for a while during his term, but suddenly picked up in his absence. I wonder why?