Bachelors Of Business Management (3 Years) = Work Permit? Gov School

engrin

Just wondering if it is possible to get a work permit with a government school with a Bachelors of Management?

The school said something about it having to be a BA or BS, but they weren't sure 100%.

In addition, It's a 3 year. Not sure if it will say that on the degree when it arrives but it does say so in the transcripts.

Usually it will not be a problem when it comes to the WP office if you are ok'd by the regional education office. The big problems usually show their heads when you try to get the Non B visa at immigration.

Actually f$%#face I have been studying for 4 years at a Canadian University at $900 a course. Exams invigilated at University here in Thailand.

edit: I guess $900 is about the size of your government pension you are living off of in issan :D

Edited by engrin

Off-topic, inflammatory posts have been deleted. Continued posting in this manner will result in a suspension.

If the degree says 'Bachelor's' on it, you have a good chance of getting a Work Permit.

Just wondering if it is possible to get a work permit with a government school with a Bachelors of Management?

The school said something about it having to be a BA or BS, but they weren't sure 100%.

In addition, It's a 3 year. Not sure if it will say that on the degree when it arrives but it does say so in the transcripts.

BA is what they often use as an abbreviation for a bachelor degree, even though its also the abbreviation for a Bachelor of Arts. Which fully confused me as well when I first started looking at teachers jobs advertised, as I thought maybe you needed an English literature major or something lol.

For myself, I have a BCom majoring in management but haven't had any problems getting a work permit or visa.

My degree also only requires 3 years of full time study, but have had no problems. It amazed me when I found out that a lot of countries require 4 years of study for a bachelor's degree, as 3 is usually standard in NZ (Although some, depending on the subject, do require 4 or 5 I think).

Degrees can be completed in longer or shorter time frames, depending on how much time and energy a student can devote to their studies. Some can finish in three years, other stretch it out to five or six. I would hope a potential employer is looking at the number of credit hours and not just at the name of the degree or the time it took to get it.

I know in the USA, it takes about 130 credit hours to get your bachelor's degree (or about 2,400 clock hours. There's a formula for converting from clock to credit hours, which I can't recall at the moment). Whether you accumulated those credits in three or five years shouldn't really matter, as long as you got them.