What Should Thailand Do.....?

weegee

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really wish US would hurry up and just mop up already. Would anyone in the international community blame them? China wouldn't mind either as long as they kept their distance from the border on their side.

Really wish US would hurry up and just mop up already.

One assumes similar comments were made about two other places the US got involved in, in recent years....that didnt work out too good in the mopping up stakes.

The key to getting this resolved will be in the lap of China

in answer to the op I suggest Thailand launch the ifrst attack, strike the us while its not expecting anything. if yingluck shiniwilniwatra is reading please pm me

What attack are they going to launch ?.... dropping in 10,000 bar girls by parachute, in hope that the troops get distracted ?

Really wish US would hurry up and just mop up already.

One assumes similar comments were made about two other places the US got involved in, in recent years....that didnt work out too good in the mopping up stakes.

The key to getting this resolved will be in the lap of China

The problem is the new rules of engagement, put in place after WWII. Up until then, the allies bombed whole cities without regard for civilians or other collateral damage. Berlin was all but leveled, and nukes were dropped on Japan.

Now a soldier can go to prison for killing a civilian.

After D-Day, when the troops went through and liberated France, they weren't responsible for civilian casualties. If they didn't trust something, they leveled it.

Now in Afghanistan, it's door to door not knowing who's engaged and who's a civilian. There are no uniforms, and the enemy hides in the population. Yet no soldier dares to harm a civilian. You can't win a war with those rules.

Think back not long ago when Obama parked carried groups off Libya and shelled the crap out of them, and sent bombers and other aircraft in for target runs, and got Qaddafi's regime. Now there's a term used especially on Facebook called "being Quadaffi'd." That was widely criticized as being illegal, and I don't know that it was even a good idea, but it worked.

If that punk in N. Korea actually fires a nuke at the US or S. Korea, N. Korea won't last long.

As for China, forget it. They'd love to see strife in Asia. The US is already dealing with them for saber rattling about land they claim is theirs in various Asian countries, and that's one of the reasons the US has so many assets parked in Guam and the Philippines and elsewhere.

As many as seem to hate the US, the cry will go out for the US to "do something," and it will.

i really dont think it will come to that. the world is looking at the north and they would be crazy to start anything .

That's what they said about Japan, Hitler, and many other rogue nations.

North Korea has a deeply seated hatred for the USA and South Korea. You just can't take a chance where lunatics are in control of nuclear warheads.

The USA is NOT taking these threats as lightly as you would assume. The USA is very much wary and is preparing to protect SK and its bases at any cost, lest they learn the lessons of Pearl Harbor all over again. Their mere preparation for defense is well enough to rattle NKs cage, and will always denounce it as 'offensive aggression'. They always like to react first.

All wars start somewhere, and this occasion is no different to all the others where war ended up being the ultimate result. Only this time, we are dealing with a nation who's leaders have brainwashed its entire nation into hatred, and have convinced them that victory is assured. This is EXACTLY what Hitler did with the German people. They also wrongly believe that if the shi_t hits the proverbial, then China and Russia will back them up.

Alas... If we refuse to learn the mistakes of the past and ignore this 'rhetoric', then history is yet again doomed to repeat itself.

They are maniacs with the most powerful weapons known to man, and they have a huge army, a massive military stockpile and most importantly, the belief of total victory.

Good post. I agree.

The issue is that without China's help, they have neither the money, the fuel, or the food to operate that army in prolonged combat. War is not only Hell, it's incredibly expensive. They also don't have modern technology or equipment. They would lose all of their aircraft and ships in no time.

I just hope it doesn't happen. The US has treaties to defend N. Korea, Japan, The Philippines, Thailand, Australia and several others. It's a solemn commitment, and one of the biggest reasons that at least some of those countries don't have nukes or big military budgets.

With those treaties, and with the rest of the Western world calling on the US to handle it, the US has no choice.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

the analysts are saying its quite unlikely to happen. but who knows, the news are there to keep the panic down.

that crazy new dictator look like the type who had been bullied or ignored through his high school days in switzerland. he could had nothing but just ambition for a suicidal war. he had a nut loosen up there for sure

Posts using derogatory nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be deleted. If you don’t want your post to be deleted, spell people’s names correctly.

Little off the point, but in football does that mean you cant refer to Chelsea as Chelski due to its Russian owner? Or is it just people?

Really wish US would hurry up and just mop up already. Would anyone in the international community blame them? China wouldn't mind either as long as they kept their distance from the border on their side.

The US is saying N. Korea is a 'clear and present danger' but doesn't seem genuinely bothered by the rhetoric at this point; it's possibly all just to boost Kim Jong-un's image before the April 15th anniversary. One of the state-released images of N.Korean hovercraft contained several digitally-added craft to make the fleet appear bigger.

Some really good thoughts on this "WHAT Should" topic...after reading all posts, I am of the opinion that most (although without realizing it) are actually thinking about it, as I am...Thanks for your replies.

Remember the post a while back about Thailand having a nuclear powerplant, and most were in agreement that they would be heading to the nearest airport.(to where???). Singapore has a massive population in a small area. That airport would be probably too busy to accept civilian flts from anywhere. They will most likely be thinking the same....

Thats the point I am raising, not scare mongering, just wondering what Thailand should do....

I appears some TV members actually want a war they can go around pounding their chest and start proclaiming the greated nation on earth... very sad

further based on some of the rhetoric written here one well understands why a certain country is diliked so much on certain fronts

• Like 1

Some really good thoughts on this "WHAT Should" topic...after reading all posts, I am of the opinion that most (although without realizing it) are actually thinking about it, as I am...Thanks for your replies.

Remember the post a while back about Thailand having a nuclear powerplant, and most were in agreement that they would be heading to the nearest airport.(to where???). Singapore has a massive population in a small area. That airport would be probably too busy to accept civilian flts from anywhere. They will most likely be thinking the same....

Thats the point I am raising, not scare mongering, just wondering what Thailand should do....

Well if there is fallout headed this way I know which way I am going..wink.png

The US is saying N. Korea is a 'clear and present danger' but doesn't seem genuinely bothered by the rhetoric at this point; it's possibly all just to boost Kim Jong-un's image before the April 15th anniversary. One of the state-released images of N.Korean hovercraft contained several digitally-added craft to make the fleet appear bigger.

What the US is saying and what they are really thinking and doing could easily be two different things. We know it is having urgent talks with China, not that this will do any good, but maybe. We know it is flooding Asian waters and The Philippines and Guam with hardware and troops. We know that multi-warhead, ballistic missile equipped subs are in the water.

We know the US won't tolerate a nuclear strike on itself or on S. Korea which it has a treaty to defend. It won't even tolerate a ground attack on S. Korea.

If you look at the logistics, it seems apparent that if N. Korea starts something, even a conventional attack on S. Korea, that N. Korea won't long have any ships or military aircraft, and probably not any airfields. The roads leading to S. Korea would get the Gulf War I treatment.

I can also see an opportunity for some strikes against N. Korea's ballistic missile and nuclear program. The opportunity would just be too good to pass up. The US's precision bombing and its latest big bunker busters would come in handy.

Maybe the US is just waiting for an excuse.

I appears some TV members actually want a war they can go around pounding their chest and start proclaiming the greated nation on earth... very sad

further based on some of the rhetoric written here one well understands why a certain country is diliked so much on certain fronts

And, you will be one of the first to cry out for that hated country to do something if N. Korea unleashes nukes in Asia.

• Like 1

And, you will be one of the first to cry out for that hated country to do something if N. Korea unleashes nukes in Asia.

North Korea is not going to unlease anything in Asia....its all posturing by a silly little boy, granted dangerous posturing, but posturing none the less. The little man is trying to cement his postion in North Korea with the hard liners there.

The key to all this is China telling him to wind his neck in, which they will, from an economic position they dont want a war on their doorstep, as they found its easier to build an empire via economic means than a military one...wink.png

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Where and how????? What infrastucture is here to make it possible to do anything....THATS if it's needed!!

It's just saber rattling, nothing more. North Korea doesn't have the balls. And even if they did, they know the "war" wouldn't last very long. The US can incinerate that joke-of-a-regime within minutes.

As for nuclear fallout, I'd be more worried if I was in Japan or China.

Did they participate in the Korean war?

And for what side.

Do not know why you asked what side as Thai government is traditionally anti communist. Yes, a small contingent, fought alongside UN forces. Also contributed during the Vietnam War, with approx 12,000 combat troops with around 1,200 deaths.

During the United Nations-mandated conflict in the Korean peninsula, Thailand provided the 21st Regiment of about 1,294 men. The Kingdom also provided 4 naval vessels and an air transport unit to the UN command structure. The contingent was actively engaged and suffered heavy casualties, including 129 dead. The returned to Thailand in 1955

Edited by simple1

North Korea is not going to unlease anything in Asia....its all posturing by a silly little boy, granted dangerous posturing, but posturing none the less. The little man is trying to cement his postion in North Korea with the hard liners there.

The key to all this is China telling him to wind his neck in, which they will, from an economic position they dont want a war on their doorstep, as they found its easier to build an empire via economic means than a military one...wink.png

You may well be right, although China has really increased the military spending, and is trying to build "real" military aircraft and weapons and even a carrier. They have been doing a lot of saber rattling themselves over disputed lands in Asia. It's been enough to concern the West. China is no ally of the West and they are self-serving. If they thought it was in their best interest for the old "lets you and him fight" scenario, they'd encourage, not discourage it.

As for dismissing these nuts in N. Korea, nations did that for too long regarding Hitler, and who would have believed that Japan would bomb Pearl Harbor?

I'm not predicting anything, just commenting.

Where and how????? What infrastucture is here to make it possible to do anything....THATS if it's needed!!

If I told you..would have to kill you...biggrin.png

• Like 2

If I told you..would have to kill you...biggrin.png

Good one southpeel.....thumbsup.gif

I heard that Thai Air,Nok Air and Bangkok Airways are going to team up on the runway at Suvarnabhumi and use their collective plane jet engines to blow away any radiation cloud eminating from the Korean Peninsula.
It worked so well with the boats in the Chao Praya after all,the floods are gone aren't they?whistling.gif