Cash Budget 800K - 1.2M Baht

hi all,

please advice me, with a budget 800k to 1.2m baht. i am looking for either a resale/new condo or townhome around bangna area/lat phrao or rangsit lumluka area. (location wise is my wife decision as its near to her family.)

im not familiar with Thailand land so i do not dare look into townhome due to fear of floods which most advice me when i ask for advice on townhome at lum lu ka area.

so do you guys have any good unit be it townhome/condo thats around my budget, please kindly recommend to me. ill seriously look into it.

note: its not for investment, i buy for my wife and myself to live.

thanks alot.

With 1,2 Million Baht, you are massively undercpitalized and therefore I can only recommend that you stay where you are.

A Thai-Lady, upon discovery that you have only 1.2 Million Bht at your disposal, will loose interest in you quickly.

Sorry to say, but with 1,2 Million Bht, you will not be in the position to move anything in your favour on a long term basis.

Stay home, cheers.

To be near her family, how near?

Those locations you mentioned are nowhere near each other, where does her family live?

Lat Prao, yes possible 1 million baht for a 30sm shoe box condo.

Townhouse forget it, at least 1.5-2 million in Rangsit, Bang Na no chance, Lat Prao no chance.

thanks for those helpful advice, after considering flood issue & my budget, i decided to forget about townhome.

im want to focus on condos, be it shoebox or not its fine. this is a secondary home for my wife and mainly for me when i travel thailand. she stays in a bungalow with her family at lum lu ka most of the time. im still young, i dont have huge amount of cash to spend neither do i want to be on loan.

therefore i hope if guys out here can suggest to me, with my budget as which area in bangkok(not too far from On Nut as her sister stay there) should i look out for? My wife drives so it dont have to be beside a BTS or transportation. i been looking at dd property on resales condo, prices all range around 800k onwards for a (30sqm-38sqm) studio/1room condo around BangNa. is there any other areas i should be looking out for? or any particular condo building worth checking out on for resales units. of cause, base on my budget.

and to swissie, your comment is irrelavant. but thanks for the advice. :)

Jeez, make your mind up will you, what do you want Lam Luk Ka or On Nut, they are nowhere near each other.

On Nut is a pretty big patch of land, whereabouts in On Nut?

Anyway, here goes for starters.

On Nut Suk soi 77, enter Suk soi 77 from Suk rd, Big C on your RH side, market on your LH side.

Carry on down soi until you get to the traffic lights at soi 17, turn left into soi 17 and carry on down the soi for a couple of Kms.

You will now reach soi 16 on your RH side, small Big C extra on your LH side, petrol station on your RH side.

Enter soi and go a couple of hundred yards, you will now come across a 7-11 on your LH side, directly across the road infront of 7-11 are 6 large condo blocks.

At the bus stop right beside the security guards, there are adverts of condos for sale, if you go to the enterance foyer of each condo you will also see adverts of condos for sale.

These condo cost about 400k baht, I have seen prices starting from 385k, buy one for 400k and spend another 100k fitting the place out, total outlay 500k.

You wont find places like this on the internet.

• Like 1

Jeez, make your mind up will you, what do you want Lam Luk Ka or On Nut, they are nowhere near each other.

On Nut is a pretty big patch of land, whereabouts in On Nut?

Anyway, here goes for starters.

On Nut Suk soi 77, enter Suk soi 77 from Suk rd, Big C on your RH side, market on your LH side.

Carry on down soi until you get to the traffic lights at soi 17, turn left into soi 17 and carry on down the soi for a couple of Kms.

You will now reach soi 16 on your RH side, small Big C extra on your LH side, petrol station on your RH side.

Enter soi and go a couple of hundred yards, you will now come across a 7-11 on your LH side, directly across the road infront of 7-11 are 6 large condo blocks.

At the bus stop right beside the security guards, there are adverts of condos for sale, if you go to the enterance foyer of each condo you will also see adverts of condos for sale.

These condo cost about 400k baht, I have seen prices starting from 385k, buy one for 400k and spend another 100k fitting the place out, total outlay 500k.

You wont find places like this on the internet.

They are the government subsidized apartments at a guess. I'm pretty sure no foreign ownership. But if you don't mind the possible noise a good buy.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

really some useful information.rgs2001uk, thanks alot.

Lum lu ka or on nut is fine i want to give myself more options and wider choices. her younger sister stays in on nut. her elder sister stays in lum lu ka. so both are fine iwth my wife.

ill try to arrange to go down there take a look asap. is there any other suchs projects u aware of? so when i go down thailand soon i can look at more such projects.

i dont really understand on the government subsidize part, does it means only local can buy? even we are married in thai my name is not allowed? just some concerns, im fine if only local can purhcase it.

As stated, there are condo's you can buy for 400k up all over Bangkok. Those with plenty of cash don't look for or want these properties but they do exist. For this price you will be looking at the suburbs of the city or further out. I'm in the On Nut area, which i think is one of the best areas that you can still get condo's for this price (near central Bangkok). Forget new developments. You can not get one for your budget. Most new builds are at least 1.5MB mostly 2MB up for a studio. What you will get and should be looking for is older condo's which tend to be in small soi's (roads) or sub soi's. On Nut 17 as already mentioned would be a good choice but there will be lots of others. You just have to come and walk/drive round all the soi's (or get your gf to). Mostly they will be 30 sqm studios but sometimes may be 35 sqm, 40sqm up if your lucky, although obviously price will increase. If you don't mind living in an older property, this will be fine and you can do it up to make it similar inside to a newbuild for a reasonable price. On Nut is a nice area. Access to BTS, shopping, markets etc and can be quiet if you find they right place. Used to live in Pra Kanong. It smells from the klongs and is very polluted by comparison.

thanks for those helpful advice, after considering flood issue & my budget, i decided to forget about townhome.

im want to focus on condos, be it shoebox or not its fine. this is a secondary home for my wife and mainly for me when i travel thailand. she stays in a bungalow with her family at lum lu ka most of the time. im still young, i dont have huge amount of cash to spend neither do i want to be on loan.

therefore i hope if guys out here can suggest to me, with my budget as which area in bangkok(not too far from On Nut as her sister stay there) should i look out for? My wife drives so it dont have to be beside a BTS or transportation. i been looking at dd property on resales condo, prices all range around 800k onwards for a (30sqm-38sqm) studio/1room condo around BangNa. is there any other areas i should be looking out for? or any particular condo building worth checking out on for resales units. of cause, base on my budget.

and to swissie, your comment is irrelavant. but thanks for the advice. smile.png

If she lives with her family most of the time, and you only come to Thailand occasionally, then I would seriously suggest renting instead of buying, especially if you have a limited budget. You can rent a townhouse in Lam Luk Ka for 5,000 or less per month. I can't see why you would want to buy if the property will remain empty most of the time. Really. Think about renting.

• Like 2