Joint Thai/cambodian Visa

lekatai

I had heard rumours that this was in the offing,but there were two customers here today that have actually got this new visa.It's the first time I've actually seen one.It's a full page sticker,which they got from a Cambodian Consulate in Switzerland,and it allows one entry to Cambodia for 30 days,and one entry to Thailand for 30 days.They told me it cost 50 euros,possibly if it's available from Cambodian or Thai consulates/embassies here in Asia it will be even cheaper.

what a rip off that's over $60!!!!!

30 days in Thailand is free if u fly in and ur Swiss ( and most people.)

Cambodia visa for 30 days is $20 so really they paid $60 for a $20 visa laugh.pngcheesy.gif

How long did it take to get the visa? i have heard which ever embassy u apply at they need a few days to contact the other one.

also have heard this visa is NOT available in Asia

Makes no sense to me to pay more than double for visas and have to hassle going to the embassy to apply an than back again to pick it up.

The visa is for 30 days in Cambodia and 60 days in Thailand. if you get the visa from the Cambodian consulate, you pay for the visa to Cambodia and when you next enter Thailand you pay for the 60 day visa at the border when you enter Thailand.

if you pay at the Thai consulate, you pay for the visa to Thailand and pay for the Cambodian visa at the border entering Cambodia.

The price is the same as for a tourist visa. What the single visa does is to ensure you only have to go to 1 consulate instead of both consulate. But the price for the visa remains the same and the time you can stay is the same as when you get a visa for both countries separately.

The visa is for 30 days in Cambodia and 60 days in Thailand. if you get the visa from the Cambodian consulate, you pay for the visa to Cambodia and when you next enter Thailand you pay for the 60 day visa at the border when you enter Thailand.

if you pay at the Thai consulate, you pay for the visa to Thailand and pay for the Cambodian visa at the border entering Cambodia.

The price is the same as for a tourist visa. What the single visa does is to ensure you only have to go to 1 consulate instead of both consulate. But the price for the visa remains the same and the time you can stay is the same as when you get a visa for both countries separately.

Mario; are u sure?

he said it was 50 euros and that included the thai visa fee for 30 (60) days? if u have to repay at the border......Be it Cambodia or Thailand ur overpaying as u already paid for both.

This is going to really hold up the lines entering Thailand and confuse the local immigration.

As most find it enough to get a 30 day entry visa free for Thailand and its quite easy to buy ur visa on arrival into Cambodia for $20... i see no real reason for it.

Edited by phuketrichard