Phuket: Kata/karon Tuk-Tuk Drivers: ' We Will Block The Road'

webfact

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm mob rules again! I am waiting patiently for ASEAN to come into effect. That will then show that this backward nation will struggle to survive, hopefully get swallowed up by another nation. Then we can all sigh relief. Bloody thugs are an embarrassment to this already embarrassing nation.

I'm not sure" Phuket" signed up to the ASEAN agreement, after all, it's not actually in Thailand. Phuket is it's own country. :) :)

I doubt "Planet Phuket" will allow ASEAN to interfere with their business model of criminality here. :) :)

Hmm mob rules again! I am waiting patiently for ASEAN to come into effect. That will then show that this backward nation will struggle to survive, hopefully get swallowed up by another nation. Then we can all sigh relief. Bloody thugs are an embarrassment to this already embarrassing nation.

If you actually read up on the ASEAN agreement, there are only a few jobs that will be open to other members of the ASEAN countries in Thailand. Doctor, dentist and accountant. Nothing about taxi or Tuk Tuk drivers or the long list of other occupations that are reserved for Thais only. So you can wait all you want, nothing will really change, sadly...

Edited by Jimi007

If you actually read up on the ASEAN agreement, there are only a few jobs that will be open to other members of the ASEAN countries in Thailand. Doctor, dentist and accountant. Nothing about taxi or Tuk Tuk drivers or the long list of other occupations that are reserved for Thais only. So you can wait all you want, nothing will really change, sadly...

You are forgetting one of the biggest unofficial "occupations" in Thailand - prostitution. When ASEAN starts, that's a lot of ASEAN ladies with freedom of movement across the Thai boarder. There are already a lot here, working in nightclubs and bars, but ASEAN will make it more easy for all of them.

Now that will really be "stealing" Thai jobs, and customers, and boyfriends, and husbands. :) :)

I think the buffalo will be sicker in Issan after ASEAN starts. :) :)

• Like 1

You are forgetting one of the biggest unofficial "occupations" in Thailand - prostitution. When ASEAN starts, that's a lot of ASEAN ladies with freedom of movement across the Thai boarder. There are already a lot here, working in nightclubs and bars, but ASEAN will make it more easy for all of them.

Now that will really be "stealing" Thai jobs, and customers, and boyfriends, and husbands. smile.pngsmile.png

I think the buffalo will be sicker in Issan after ASEAN starts. smile.pngsmile.png

LOL! If that happens the local bar girls with be out blocking the streets along with the tuk tuk mob!

Now that will really be "stealing" Thai jobs, and customers, and boyfriends, and husbands. smile.pngsmile.png

I think the buffalo will be sicker in Issan after ASEAN starts. smile.pngsmile.png

LOL! If that happens the local bar girls with be out blocking the streets along with the tuk tuk mob!

They are already here. I've "met" some nice girls from Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam - "on holidays" and having a drink in bars here. One thing led to another. I'm sure you know what I mean. :)

Like I said in another post, the day will come on Phuket when a nightclub, or nightclubs, will have Russian girls, "on holiday" meeting tourist and going home with them. Freelancing, or just trying to live here. Their visa will be in order - nothing immigration can do, nothing, legally, police can do. It's been happening in Bangkok for years.

That said, Thai bar girls will not be blockading Bangla Road because their "job" actually doesn't exist. :)

I would guess the best of any kind of work force would follow the money and go to Singapore. The rest will be shared to other places in the region.

Now that will really be "stealing" Thai jobs, and customers, and boyfriends, and husbands. smile.png:)

I think the buffalo will be sicker in Issan after ASEAN starts. smile.png:)

They are already here. I've "met" some nice girls from Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam - "on holidays" and having a drink in bars here. One thing led to another. I'm sure you know what I mean. smile.png

Like I said in another post, the day will come on Phuket when a nightclub, or nightclubs, will have Russian girls, "on holiday" meeting tourist and going home with them. Freelancing, or just trying to live here. Their visa will be in order - nothing immigration can do, nothing, legally, police can do. It's been happening in Bangkok for years.

That said, Thai bar girls will not be blockading Bangla Road because their "job" actually doesn't exist. smile.png

Sounds like you would know better than I! I moved away from Patong over 7 years ago! Haven't been to Bangkok or Pataya for almost as long...

Ah yes, Thailand, the hub of ANARCHY and spineless politicians. Come on Charlem grow a pair and do something to fix this problem.

This reminds me that one of the benefits of being in Phuket and Phuket forum here is that there is almost never political discussions between followers of any colored shirts.

How this for a logical progression:

1. we no longer have rice fields

2. we can no longer make a living with tuk tuks because there is a 30thb bus

3. we need some land to make rice fields

4. all of our land has been stolen by farangs

5. the government must take our land back from the farangs so that we can make rice fields

Oh..hang on a minute... 90 percent of the land in Phuket is owned by 12 families....Somchai didn't have a rice field in the first place...

• Like 2

Now that will really be "stealing" Thai jobs, and customers, and boyfriends, and husbands. smile.png:)

I think the buffalo will be sicker in Issan after ASEAN starts. smile.png:)

They are already here. I've "met" some nice girls from Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam - "on holidays" and having a drink in bars here. One thing led to another. I'm sure you know what I mean. smile.png

<snip>

Ah, now I know why you live in Patong!

''Sommart Homwaan, leader of the KTG, said, “We already suffer from the Russian tour companies setting up business here and charging people half the fares we do. If the [airport] bus comes here and is charging B30 from Karon to Patong, how do we make a living?”''

This guy does not realize what he is saying.... how do we make a living?”, he asks...

But who will answer the same question for the poor Russians charging HALF the fare of Thai people?whistling.gif

What these geniuses don't understand is that these buses run once per hour, so if tourists are queued up, there won't be space for all of them and the lazy ass tuk tuk drivers can poach those waiting

in the queue. This bus service makes their life easier and more profitable actually............... If only they would understand....geniuses!

I think they are afraid that if the bus service was a success the bus company would bring more buses so they don't want it to make a start because they know it would be well used.

I hope its the end of the road for the mafia but I doubt it.

Over to you Mayor

... 90 percent of the land in Phuket is owned by 12 families....Somchai didn't have a rice field in the first place...

That's what it is all about. One family has the existing Karon/Kata tuk tuk monopoly and another family has the new bus company. The two families are fighting for their share of the pie.

• Like 1

From my understanding the bus service only runs between the airport to the various main beach areas. This route does not take much away from the Tuk Tuk drivers. Their fleecing of tourists takes place locally within their respective beaches or from beach to beach. Nothing is really going to change for them which is why I suspect the Patong Taxi Group won't block the road to Patong.

From my understanding the bus service only runs between the airport to the various main beach areas. This route does not take much away from the Tuk Tuk drivers. Their fleecing of tourists takes place locally within their respective beaches or from beach to beach. Nothing is really going to change for them which is why I suspect the Patong Taxi Group won't block the road to Patong.

The taxi drivers are against the route from the airport to the beach cities, the Tuktuk drivers are against the bus service between beach cities. Right now, a trip from Patong to Karon is 300~450 baht depending on the mood of the tuktuk driver and your negotiating skills. With the new service it will be 30baht to ride the bus between cities.

• Like 1

If that goes on, turists will be scared away from Phuket – and then the tuk-tuk drivers may really have no work whistling.gif

Phuket does not need turists, it has enough problems with tourists let alone another species :)

The problem are they use to earn 2000-3000 baht and more a day.
Use to live like a king and maybe have lot of private exepenses as big luxuryhouse and luxury’s cars we don’t know about.

Now Karon-Kata has more than 400 tuk tuk]s. I fell SO sorry for the Tuk Tuk' s because they only demand to live same life as before.

Ref. http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/savepdf.php?ref=2012311955&id=8111