Thai Men Not Allowed In Clubs!

gibson123

Let's get this in perspective. The OP has named one bar (Bamboo) which barred his brother-in-law from entering. While they may have said they have a "no Thai men" policy, this may have just been face saving as, for whatever reason, maybe they didn't want this particular Thai man (or the people accompanying him) in their bar at that time. I go out with my GF's brother and some of his male friends, and while we've been denied entrance to many places on WS and to everywhere outside WS. It's definitely a policy with many gogo bars, for reasons I've pointed out before. I don't think it's an issue, and certainly not a strict policy, with regular bars. However, every bar owner/manager/security guy has the right to refuse entrance.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many reasons:

places where illegal activity takes place they are worried the Thai is BIB.

Also worried the Thai maybe stepping on someone elses illegal activities toes.

Fights between Thais and Farangs are usually only when the Thais are outnumbering the Farang many to one or weapons are involved so that maybe the case in the nightclub and want to avoid that and drunk idiot farangs picking fights with Thais.

In hotels and tours Thai women are not allowed when they think the girl is a prostitute and either don't want them associated with their company or are worried about them stealing or just going mental like some do.

They don't think the Thai can afford the drinks prices or that the club know what 95-100% of Thai girls in Farang orientated clubs do for a living and the Thai guy won't pay tourist 'prices' and won't pay the ladydrink price that suddenly appears on the bill in a supposedly normal farang orientated nightclub.

In a nutshell..If i can think of another reason, the night-club owner would choose making money, rather than sweeping broken bottles and furniture.whistling.gif

It's true,anyone who's ever been in an all Thai nightclub,like Differ in Chiang Mai has witnessed personally spontaneous fights break out nightly.Just idiots who can't handle their drink,as opposed to Westerners who drink like fishes,take a bargirl home and promptly fall asleep.

Not really a difficult choice for a club owner now,is it?They've made their bed and now they have to lie in it,Som Nom Na!

Didn't get your money's worth eh? biggrin.png

There are also places in Bangkok which only allow Japanese in.

and many guesthouses with signs saying 'No Israelis'.

Isn't it great being in a country where the businesses simply tell entire nationalities to Bugger Off if they don't want them in their premises.