Warning To Water Deep-Bore Owners

KarenBravo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My well is 11 metres deep, 1.5 metres wide and was dug by hand and uses concrete rings. The water is free. It takes water from the water table.

My deep-bore is is six inches wide and 61 metres deep and was drilled. It takes water from an underground river, or, an aquifer. This water, the government charges you for. It is a tiny amount per litre, much, much cheaper than buying it from a truck.

My well is 24 meters deep and 3 meters in diameter it always has water here in Phuket.

What kind of pump do you have and where is it located?

I have 3 inch pumps made in Taiwan I am located in Rawai ...My well has enough water to fill swimming pools and i have fill many .. The trick with water wells is to have them deep enough and wide enough the you have a reserve ..

Edited by capt_canada42

What exactly differentiates a "deep-bore" from a well?

The furthest any pump can draw a head of water is about 34 feet. That is due to atmospheric pressure. There is no such force as "suck" - the pump works by removing the air from the pipe and atmospheric pressure pushes the water up the pipe.

If you want to go deeper, you send the pump down the well so it pushes the water up.

Kind of think you are wrong about that.. When I lived in Canada all the wells in my area were 65 - 80 feet deep. We used above ground jet pumps to draw our water. Not bottom of the well pumps.. The odd place had 100 feet plus deep wells they used pumps at the bottom of the well.

It won't be long before you need a license and have to pay a monthly fee for expiring CO2.

This is already legislated via the Carbon Tax in Australia...The voting public in Australia were asleep at the wheel...Dumbest people on Earth.

Oh and yeah...I am an Aussie...

It's no joke.

I have a 9 inch bore hole ,84m deep,pump hanging on 40 m .

It's on privat land .

Allways water .

i dont have to pay noboddy ,

april fools joke?

It's no joke. It's a gov regulation.

What exactly is the regulation regarding private bore holes? Provincial or national?

What exactly differentiates a "deep-bore" from a well?

The furthest any pump can draw a head of water is about 34 feet. That is due to atmospheric pressure. There is no such force as "suck" - the pump works by removing the air from the pipe and atmospheric pressure pushes the water up the pipe.

If you want to go deeper, you send the pump down the well so it pushes the water up.

Kind of think you are wrong about that.. When I lived in Canada all the wells in my area were 65 - 80 feet deep. We used above ground jet pumps to draw our water. Not bottom of the well pumps.. The odd place had 100 feet plus deep wells they used pumps at the bottom of the well.

Yes, I am totally wrong about that. rolleyes.gif I thought you either sucked the water up from the top or pushed it up from the bottom.

But then Naam kindly told me of the existence of "jet-pumps": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injector#Well_pumps

There's even a video about them on Youtube. How could I have missed that? biggrin.png :

A couple of blokes arrived at the house (I was away) and started taking pictures of the deep-bore, pumps and meter.

They then told my wife that our contract (contract?) had expired two years ago and that we needed to make another contract and that there would be a fine of 20,000 Bt with possible jail time.

Did these " blokes " by any chance also asked if you had a music license ?

If you read my post, you would see that we received a receipt. Also, the men that came actually work in the government office. All is legit, thus the warning.

Nothing is legit in the LOS (Land of Scams) You are a Farlang and will always be paying for special things like water, entrance fees, parking, family etc.cheesy.gif

Edited by rbrooks

Hang on a minute. Everyone is jumping the gun here.

The OP states:"If you own a deep-bore, it will be registered".

Clearly then this thread was created solely to benefit the few Thai nationals that post here on TV.

Because, as everyone knows...it is impossible for a Farang to own land in Thailand or a deep bore located thereon.

Or maybe the OP has a minor holding in a company that owns a deep bore...

But wait there...a farang is allowed to own a building on Thai land. Perhaps too, he is also allowed to own a hole.

I guess at the end of the day it is just as easy to relocate a house as it is to relocate a hole...

Edited by Phronesis

My well is 11 metres deep, 1.5 metres wide and was dug by hand and uses concrete rings. The water is free. It takes water from the water table.

My deep-bore is is six inches wide and 61 metres deep and was drilled. It takes water from an underground river, or, an aquifer. This water, the government charges you for. It is a tiny amount per litre, much, much cheaper than buying it from a truck.

My well is 24 meters deep and 3 meters in diameter it always has water here in Phuket.

What kind of pump do you have and where is it located?

I have 3 inch pumps made in Taiwan I am located in Rawai ...My well has enough water to fill swimming pools and i have fill many .. The trick with water wells is to have them deep enough and wide enough the you have a reserve ..

you have "3 inch" pumps? you must be a scientist using sophisticated technical descriptions tongue.png what about telling us laymen their horsepower or wattage and flow rate?

Hang on a minute. Everyone is jumping the gun here.

The OP states:"If you own a deep-bore, it will be registered".

Clearly then this thread was created solely to benefit the few Thai nationals that post here on TV.

Because, as everyone knows...it is impossible for a Farang to own land in Thailand or a deep bore located thereon.

Or maybe the OP has a minor holding in a company that owns a deep bore...

But wait there...a farang is allowed to own a building on Thai land. Perhaps too, he is also allowed to own a hole.

I guess at the end of the day it is just as easy to relocate a house as it is to relocate a hole...

Deary me.....I guess you are the kind of guy that would insist that man cannot fly because he doesn't have wings.

Have you thought that there could be a lot of guys out there with wives and their house and land is in their name?

For a person who can't "own" land here, I've made a fair amount of money out of "owning" land and property.

There is The Law and then there is Real Life. For a good example of this, take a walk down Bangla road.

• Like 2

How much does one of these deep bore wells cost? I assume the pump is included? Saw somebody say 180,000B? Ouch!

I recently dug a well on our land with an excavator. We went down 10M and stacked rings as we backfilled. The water smells

like sulfer, so we don't use it for the house and are now getting water delivered at about 500B a week here near Pattaya.

Would greatly appreciate any Knowledge based suggestions or referrals if anybody knows a company or contractor in our area.

The 180,000 Bt (the price will have increased by now) includes three attempts to drill to hit water. If after three attempts, no water, then you're out of luck. It took two attempts for me to hit water.

It includes pumps, breaker boxes, switches and everything you need, plus registration and all the paperwork done for you.

This is/was the price on Phuket. It could be different elsewhere.

Edited by KarenBravo

Just to summarize:

• The Government requirement is for wells deeper than 30m to be licensed. There are two approvals required - a drilling permit and a pumping permit. They are issued in the well owner's name rather than the drilling contractor's. Depending on the area, this may be laxly enforced for shallow wells (less than 100m) as the money to be made out of it is minimal. The regulation does exist however, and there is a potential liability as KarenBravo pointed out.
  • Thai water well drillers are licensed and must pass a written examination set by the Department of Groundwater. Failure to inform the Department regarding the drilling of a well can result in forfeiture of license. The name of the driller is on the licence rather than the name of his company. A Contractor who cannot produce a licence is either a cowboy or works for the Government anyway (common).
  • The depth of the well has nothing to do with type of pump required. What is important is the depth to water in the well before and during pumping. It does not matter if the borehole is 10 or a 1000 meters deep.
  • Jet pumps are widely available in Thailand. There are two types: a "shallow well jet" has the venturi at the suction of the pump at the surface and a "deep well jet" has it down the hole. The latter requires two pipes to be down the well - one sending recirculated water down the the jet and a larger pipe bringing the water up to the pump. A submersible pump is usually more reliable than a jet pump however (in my opinion).
  • Groundwater in Thailand is considered a mineral resource and its extraction is subject to government charges like any other mineral resource. This is mostly an issue with industrial users.

Readers should take note of Naam's nickname. On all matters pertaining to water use and air conditioning, I have never seen him post anything that that is incorrect or cannot be supported by facts, so contradict him at your peril.

• Like 2

Readers should take note of Naam's nickname. On all matters pertaining
to water use and air conditioning, I have never seen him post anything
that that is incorrect or cannot be supported by facts, so contradict
him at your peril.

some people might beg to differ from your opinion laugh.png

• Like 1

The 180,000 Bt (the price will have increased by now) includes three attempts to drill to hit water. If after three attempts, no water, then you're out of luck. It took two attempts for me to hit water.

It includes pumps, breaker boxes, switches and everything you need, plus registration and all the paperwork done for you.

"It includes pumps, breaker boxes, switches" plural? huh.png

3 attempts remember.

We are currently thinking about having a deep bore well drilled because the government water supply is so eratic. We have two drillers in the village who we know very well ( no pun intended ). They usually drill to between 20 and 40 metres to find the supply. They supply all materials and will drill until water is found which doesn't seem to be too difficult for them. Total cost is 13,000 baht -- that's thirteen thousand baht. Having read the comments from around the country we asked a local government official who was at our house this morning about the license and meter issue. He told us we do not need a license/contract or even a meter. Furthermore, we do not need to pay for any water pumped . So it seems it depends on where you are as to what the regulations are -- if any. Just as another thought in a similar vein, when we built our house we consulted the government office regarding building regs etc. They told us to build whatever we wanted, where we wanted and no need for plans or permission...

3 attempts remember.

you mean each unsuccessful drilling attempt requires a pump, a breaker box and a switch?

w00t.gif

How much does one of these deep bore wells cost? I assume the pump is included? Saw somebody say 180,000B? Ouch!

I recently dug a well on our land with an excavator. We went down 10M and stacked rings as we backfilled. The water smells

like sulfer, so we don't use it for the house and are now getting water delivered at about 500B a week here near Pattaya.

Would greatly appreciate any Knowledge based suggestions or referrals if anybody knows a company or contractor in our area.

sounds exactly like our well,we mix chlorine into the water gets rid of the smell and takes the brown colour away, we use the water for everything except cooking and drinking of coarse.

Y

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

sounds exactly like our well,we mix chlorine into the water gets rid of the smell and takes the brown colour away, we use the water for everything except cooking and drinking of coarse.

Y

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nice! thanks for the tip. We can't figure out the source of the smell, Our neighbors well is about 40m away and has no problems. Is that something people do regularly, or did you come up with that soulution yourself? How do you know how much chlorine to add? We were thinking about getting one of those filters that looks like a stainless steel torpedo with charcoal for filtering inside. I had one in my last house and the salesman made allot of claims about it's ability to turn bad water into clean potable water.

We are currently thinking about having a deep bore well drilled because the government water supply is so eratic. We have two drillers in the village who we know very well ( no pun intended ). They usually drill to between 20 and 40 metres to find the supply. They supply all materials and will drill until water is found which doesn't seem to be too difficult for them. Total cost is 13,000 baht -- that's thirteen thousand baht. Having read the comments from around the country we asked a local government official who was at our house this morning about the license and meter issue. He told us we do not need a license/contract or even a meter. Furthermore, we do not need to pay for any water pumped . So it seems it depends on where you are as to what the regulations are -- if any. Just as another thought in a similar vein, when we built our house we consulted the government office regarding building regs etc. They told us to build whatever we wanted, where we wanted and no need for plans or permission...

I like that number (13,000B) allot better than 180K. Do they include the pump at that price? What area are you in?

It's no joke.

I have a 9 inch bore hole ,84m deep,pump hanging on 40 m .

It's on privat land .

Allways water .

i dont have to pay noboddy ,

april fools joke?

It's no joke. It's a gov regulation.

What exactly is the regulation regarding private bore holes? Provincial or national?

The company that drilled for water for us, had to get the permit from Department for Mineral Resources in Bangkok, so I think this is a national regulation.