House Of Chalerm's Advisor Attacked With M79 In Narathiwat

webfact

House of Chalerm's advisor attacked with M79 in Narathiwat
The Nation

NARATHIWAT: -- An M79 grenade was early Monday fired at the house of former Narathiwat MP who is an advisor to Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung for the on-going efforts to end southern insurgency.

Nujmudeen Uma told police that his house was attacked with an M79 grenade at about 1:50 am.

Nujmudeen is a memberof Wadah Group, which is providing advice to Chalerm on how to end the southern insurgency. He is also an advisor to the Southern Border Province Administrative Centre.

The grenade damaged a newly-built meeting room and a SUV vehicle.

Nujmudeen said he had finished holding talk with a group of insurgents and he was not sure whether other insurgents, who were against peace talks, were behind the attack or not.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-08

It would seem that the Wadah group of advisors (most a remnant of TRT MPs who were somewhat discredited when a former PM got into it) are not really representative for the various groups and factions and the ideas around 'peace'.

• Like 1

It was not an M79 Grenade, the weapon used to fire such grenades is an M79. There are over 10 different grenades that could be fired from this launcher. This an example of the press taking the easy way out, not getting the facts straight. If the information was provided by the police, than they should be informed to be more accurate. That is like every time you see that a person was shot with an M16, just because it was a 5.56 NATO round does not indicate that it was an M16. The NATO 5.56 round is used in many different weapons. cowboy.gif

It was not an M79 Grenade, the weapon used to fire such grenades is an M79. There are over 10 different grenades that could be fired from this launcher. This an example of the press taking the easy way out, not getting the facts straight. If the information was provided by the police, than they should be informed to be more accurate. That is like every time you see that a person was shot with an M16, just because it was a 5.56 NATO round does not indicate that it was an M16. The NATO 5.56 round is used in many different weapons. cowboy.gif

Correct Sir. Not exactly the newest of hardware out there, but nasty none the less!

m79-2.jpg

The problem you have got is that you have to be seen to be doing something , even though you are doing nothing , hence the talks with the Wadah group, obviously not everyone is of the same opinion or on the same page as the Government and Wadah. Business as usual.coffee1.gif

Time for Chalerm to make his first visit to the Deep South.

Right and hopefully he will stay in his advisor's house.

Don't I remember in the past couple of days you talking about avatars not reflecting ones personality? Something along the line of

"my avatar's a .357 magnum but I'm no Dirty Harry"

Do you think Chalerms feeling lucky, well do you, Punk?

• Like 1

Don't I remember in the past couple of days you talking about avatars not reflecting ones personality? Something along the line of

Good one. I think Chalerm feels lucky every day.

It would seem that the Wadah group of advisors (most a remnant of TRT MPs who were somewhat discredited when a former PM got into it) are not really representative for the various groups and factions and the ideas around 'peace'.

The Wadah faction was originally in Chavalit's New Aspiration Party where they failed to make significant inroads electorally against the Democrats in the South, even though some had defected from the Dems. Thaksin acquired Wadah along with New Aspiration when he was buying up flea bitten parties to bolt together into TRT. The BRN people who claim to represent Southern insurgents that Chalerm is negotiating with are contacts of Wadah.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

Good one. I think Chalerm feels lucky every day.

After he takes his EAR medsiciane

The Wadah faction was originally in Chavalit's New Aspiration Party where they failed to make significant inroads electorally against the Democrats in the South, even though some had defected from the Dems. Thaksin acquired Wadah along with New Aspiration when he was buying up flea bitten parties to bolt together into TRT. The BRN people who claim to represent Southern insurgents that Chalerm is negotiating with are contacts of Wadah.

Ah, I knew there must be a connection, however tenuous whistling.gif . So according to rubl the Wadah group of advisors were discredited because Thaksin used them in his coalition, even though some defected from the Dems . And these exact same advisors are the ones advising now? So because the insurgents have good memories, that's why the peace talks are going awry.

Therefore it's all Thaksins fault. Neat.

Does anyone on this forum think that it's better to have tried and failed rather than not tried at all? But some people want instant gratification and almost seem pleased the violence is still happening to prove some sick point to themselves that the government are coming up short.

(Please note this is only the beginning - how long do you think the peace talks in N.Ireland took and how many factions were still killing whilst it went on?)

• Like 1

Nujmudeen said he had finished holding talk with a group of insurgents and he was not sure whether other insurgents, who were against peace talks, were behind the attack or not.

I take it the talks didn't go too well then.

Well I guess this means Charlerm is never going to the south again.....

A month ago when he postponed a planned trip to the Deep South, it was reported on March 19th that he was postponing his first ever trip to the Deep South.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622698-thai-malaysian-leaders-say-thaksin-involved-in-peace-process/?view=findpost&p=6220687

and now, btw, that the reason for the postponement is over, just when is Chalerm (the guy Yingluck obstensibly put in charge of the Deep South) going to fulfill his first ever trip to the Deep South?

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Well I guess this means Charlerm is never going to the south again.....

A month ago when he postponed a planned trip to the South, it was reported on March 19th that he was postponing his first ever trip to the Deep South.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622698-thai-malaysian-leaders-say-thaksin-involved-in-peace-process/?view=findpost&p=6220687

and now, btw, that the reason for the postponement is over, just when is Chalerm going to fulfill his first ever trip to the Deep South?

He seems to be so obsessed with the South that he even cancels trips to countries South of Thailand.

• Like 1

Better to start with Wadah tainted by the Thaksin induced rekindling of the fire down South than seek alternatives?

To sent people seen as guilty to murder by mere association seems to show a certain level of disrespect, of not being taken serious. Now that would certainly annoy even those willing to give peace a try.

OMG! Major pedantic or what!

Personaly I think this is brilliant, just a pity that they did not pump in a few more. They have demonstrated their utter contempt directly to a cohort of one of the most contemptable men in Thailand and showing that owing to the pathetic security protocols they can do this with impunity. Also no one got hurt except for Chalerms pride. As I said, brilliant. There can be little doubt as to who is in control.

I agree. And a double thumbs up on Chalerm as the most contemptible man in Thailand. With a pretty clear demonstration that rebels are roaming the South with grenade launchers, and are not afraid to use them, I do not think you will ever see any sort of ranking government official go there again.
  • Like 1

NARATHIWAT: -- An M79 grenade was early Monday fired at the house of former Narathiwat MP who is an advisor to Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung for the on-going efforts to end southern insurgency.

Nujmudeen Uma told police that his house was attacked with an M79 grenade at about 1:50 am.

Nuimudeen doesn't like it when the individuals firing M-79 grenade launchers aren't his men...

MP Najmuddin to be tried for treason

Faces several charges in connection with bloody attack on Narathiwat Army base

Prosecutors yesterday decided to try Thai Rak Thai MP Najmuddin Uma for treason in connection with a January raid on an Army camp in Narathiwat.

They also demanded Najmuddin reimburse the government Bt7 million to pay for the nearly 400 guns stolen during the raid.

The arraignment hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, setting the stage for an historic trial where the Muslim government lawmaker will fight charges of fomenting terror attacks aimed at creating an independent Islamic state.

Najmuddin insists he is innocent and vowed yesterday not to invoke his parliamentary immunity to delay the trial.

The Nation - July 16, 2004

.http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/JANUARY-4-RAID-MP-Najmuddin-to-be-tried-for-treaso-102553.html

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Nuimudeen doesn't like it when the individuals firing M-79 grenade launchers aren't his men...

MP Najmuddin to be tried for treason

Faces several charges in connection with bloody attack on Narathiwat Army base

Prosecutors yesterday decided to try Thai Rak Thai MP Najmuddin Uma for treason in connection with a January raid on an Army camp in Narathiwat.

They also demanded Najmuddin reimburse the government Bt7 million to pay for the nearly 400 guns stolen during the raid.

The arraignment hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, setting the stage for an historic trial where the Muslim government lawmaker will fight charges of fomenting terror attacks aimed at creating an independent Islamic state.

Najmuddin insists he is innocent and vowed yesterday not to invoke his parliamentary immunity to delay the trial.

The Nation - July 16, 2004

.http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/JANUARY-4-RAID-MP-Najmuddin-to-be-tried-for-treaso-102553.html

Very interesting Buchholz. Any idea or link to what happened with the trial? DSI involved?

Here we see again the same old names the same old politicians all wanting a slice of the same old pie.

Indeed it is very interesting to see that the link twixt the old incarnations of Thaksins personal parties and his ailing ( I've got an ear infection ) crony is still holding fast.

One wonders why, surely not a business connection is there legal or otherwise in its activities ?

You sleep with dogs you get their fleas.

A note from 2005-10-16 says Najmuddin pleaded not guilty with Wan Mohammed Nor as witness for the defence denying Najmuddin to be involved in the Chok Airong arms robbery (from Malaysian website in Malay).

Any follow up not found yet