Yingluck: Hospitals Must Accept All Accident Victims During Songkran Period

webfact

all hospitals in the country to admit accident victims at any time during the Songkran period, whether or not they are entitled to health care benefits with the hospitals

Look forward to the responses from all the exclusive private hospitals regarding this edict.

I was at Bangkok Rayong Hospital not long ago and read this, and is posted everywhere. I do believe, at least if it is an emergency public or private, every hospital needs to administer care. As you can see this has been in the Thai Constitution for quite some time. Not really a command decision by Yingluck.

Declaration of PATIENT'S RIGHTS

1. Every patient has the basic rights to receive

health service as have been legally enacted in the Thai Constitution BE 2540.

2. The patient is entitled to receive full medical

services regardless of their status, race, nationality, religion, social standing,

political affiliation sex, age, and the nature of their illness from their medical

practitioner.

3. Patients who seek medical services have the rights

to receive their complete current information in order to thoroughly understand

about their illness from their medical practitioner. Furthermore, the patient

can either voluntarily consent or refuse treatment from the medical practitioner

treating him/her except in case of emergency or life threatening situation.

4. Patients at risk, in critical condition or near

death, is entitled to receive urgent and immediate relief from their medical

practitioner as necessary, regardless of whether the patient requests assistance

or not.

For the full version http://www.medicine.cmu.ac.th/research/ethics/patient_right_eng.htm

After I read the the constitution, I did not find explanation about the hospital making the patient sign a contract upon refusing drugs or treatment.

Once I went to Bumrungrad to get injection from a dog bite. I expected the injection to be no more than 1000-2000 baht, but the doctor pushed me to take two injections, one costing 2,000 baht and another 10,000 baht!

so i rejected the expensive shot, and only took the cheaper one.

They made me sign a contract saying they had no responsibility over whatever happens to me as a cause of not taking their "recommended" medicine.

A choice of a 100 usd shot or a 300 usd shot for RABIES. I guess I would have taken both!! My health has no price tag. And I have insurance at all the private hospitals. I don't need Yingluck's help.

Heavens above - the Prime Minister issuing a directive? Must be taking a break from shopping.

Another childish insult.

Do try and exercise some basic respect for the PM of Thailand. It may be hard for some foreigners with a superiority complex, but remember she is a PM and you are not. I take it that you became a guest in Thailand because you were so successful in your homeland, that you wanted to share it with the Thais?

Lighten up he is just being sarcastic. If you think that comment is so bad you should watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and see the jokes he makes about President Obama and the President even comes on his show at time as a guest, as even the President knows it is a good not to take oneself too serious.

There is sarcasm and there is cheap misogynistic smearing.

I can tell the difference.

One can make fun of circumstances and politicians, but it require some intelligence to make the salient point.

I would not compare the continuous venom spitting by some foreigners with the intelligent wit of a Jon Stewart.

Heavens above - the Prime Minister issuing a directive? Must be taking a break from shopping.

Or her handlers are taking a more proactive tack?

Another childish insult.

Do try and exercise some basic respect for the PM of Thailand. It may be hard for some foreigners with a superiority complex, but remember she is a PM and you are not. I take it that you became a guest in Thailand because you were so successful in your homeland, that you wanted to share it with the Thais?

Lighten up he is just being sarcastic. If you think that comment is so bad you should watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and see the jokes he makes about President Obama and the President even comes on his show at time as a guest, as even the President knows it is a good not to take oneself too serious.

There is sarcasm and there is cheap misogynistic smearing.

I can tell the difference.

One can make fun of circumstances and politicians, but it require some intelligence to make the salient point.

I would not compare the continuous venom spitting by some foreigners with the intelligent wit of a Jon Stewart.

Dear GK,

the sad fact is that you or I would be PM too, if our brother's name was Thaksin Shinawatra. And at least I frankly admit that I am as qualified for that post as little sister.

We both know that Yingluck only makes statements when talk is cheap. When it gets controversial and unpleasant she is off on some upcountry trip or abroad to clumsily promote Thailand as "kitchen to the world" (see link) or she is declaring at some conference that she will try to solve the "South China Sea Pissing Contest" with "a woman's touch".

So she deserves all that is heaped upon her. And the old saying still stands "Respect is earned, not bestowed".

• Like 2

all hospitals in the country to admit accident victims at any time during the Songkran period, whether or not they are entitled to health care benefits with the hospitals

Look forward to the responses from all the exclusive private hospitals regarding this edict.

Note that the edict only states admitted it says nothing about treatment. So my guess would be "you'll be admitted but not treated until evidence is given that payment can be made." I.E. business as usual.

Another childish insult.

Dear oh dear GK - did you get out on the wrong side of your cot this morning? if she had any respect due she would get some praise from me. Blind Freddy can see she is a puppet, a person with little ability towards the post she holds, and no practical experience in running a government or even a political venue!! Right now I can't think of a single thing she has done that would earn my respect and TV is all about opinions/blogs which we are all entitled to. What has my success in my homeland to do with the PM or this topic? Pull your head in.