Car To Isaan

adrian_ang

If your flying up to Udon Thani they have Budget car hire at the airport and price depends on type of car and how many days. Last time I was there I got the Honda CRV for just under 2000 B a day but it was worth it.... don't get a small car if your going to use the red roads....

HH

Hi I hire a car every year and i drive up every year to Udornthani (on a good day its a 9 hour trip, 450 miles) i hire it from Lumpinee car rent center 167/Wireless Road Bkk.

there phone number is 2255-3482. I have found them quite good they can speak english and are not to stupid when you return the car.

they charge me a lower rate than a walk in rate because i have been going to them for 10 years (so far i have never lost my deposit).the normal rate is about 1000b / day for a TOYOTA CORROLA AUTOMATIC.

I feel sure if you wanted them to supply a driver that they could do that as well.

If i had needed to fly up to Udorn on a quick trip and did not have time to drive up and down i hired a car from Udornthani airport at about 1000 - 1500 b/day or if you prefer you can get a taxi into Udorn go to Charonsee complex and the road just to the left of the front is Steves Bar there are cars for hire there.

this is in no way an advert for lumpinee just a desire to help.

I hope that this is of some help to you :o

If you drive up zero your milage when you leave Bkk when it reads 204 KM and you are passing a big lake on your left keep your speed down thats where the speed checks are.

How about a taxi charges +return charges?

I would say 3,000 baht plus you pay for gas would be fair to all. It would be normal to pay his meals while driving (lunch) but overnight he could spend in taxi (allow him use of bath if you can).

You could probably get for less but the little extra would mean a lot to someone who is trying to pay off his auto loan on the little income a taxi driver makes.

I would use a regular taxi rather than someone inside the terminal. Just go to taxi stand and let them know what you want and they will ask around for you.

Edit: If travel done in one day would make the amount 1,500-2000 baht.

Edited by lopburi3