Taking Mum To Bangkok

sutton1001

Banyan tree is a good choice. The restaurant Vertigo is spectacular , but be prepared to pay a lot for a full course meal with wine/cocktail. A party of 5 of us paid $600 recently, and we had only 4 alcoholic drinks. Mom will be impressed with the view and atmosphere though. Service is 2nd to none.

Edited by ongchart

Well think we will do drinks in the banyan then go to sukhothai for a meal as heard good things. Is it less expensive than the Banyan tree? Mmm I wonder...

Thanks for the replies and if anyone else has any restaurant gems please feel free to let me know.

Cheers

For dinner go to "Eat me" at Soi Convent.

Spectacular food, combined with fine art.

If you like it more local, there is an excellent restaurant (and much, much cheaper) at Marathiwas Soi 17, called "Sortrel".

Both restaurants are not too far from Banyan Tree also.

DocN I'm so in to eat me!! I so want to go their! I know what were in for but my mum doesn't she is going to be on the farm for three weeks eating Thai food until it comes out of her ears!!! But she insists she wants to eat Thai on her first night. So I really am going to have to take her for Thai food. Fingers crossed she is up for it on our return journey otherwise I might just have to leave her in the room for room service whilst I go a eat their alone. So if you have any exceptional THAI recommendations I'm all ears.

Once again thanks..

Jay

DocN I'm so in to eat me!! I so want to go their! I know what were in for but my mum doesn't she is going to be on the farm for three weeks eating Thai food until it comes out of her ears!!! But she insists she wants to eat Thai on her first night. So I really am going to have to take her for Thai food. Fingers crossed she is up for it on our return journey otherwise I might just have to leave her in the room for room service whilst I go a eat their alone. So if you have any exceptional THAI recommendations I'm all ears. Once again thanks.. Jay

As I said: good atmosphere, good food, not too expensive...go to "Sortrel" on Narathiwas.

Open air, live Thai- (pop)- music, 95% Thai- audience...and the food is really good.

I always take visitors from "home" there.

IMHO you can never go wrong with that.

When you are taking the taxi from banyan Tree, turn left into Narathiwas at the nxt big junction and go about 2,5 km.

You will notice a place on the left hand side called "Mango Forrest" (it pops out, because of the yellow neon)...20meters further is "Sortrel".

• Like 1

Thanks smokie36 that really looks nice! Well between you and DocN I have my restaurant's for the out journey and the return. Thanks all of you for taking the time to help me out!!

Now just counting the sleeps can't wait to be back see the wife and the birth of our first baby! Happy days

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app