Maggie Thatcher Is Dead.

Jockstar

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here good old Gorgeous George Galloway - scourge of lackeys, timeservers and lickspittles as well as a one man party on his own a he can't seem to get on with anybody else - has the last word on the subject for me - probably the best parliamentray speakers of his generation. Time to move on and tramp the dust down. For those who are not aware of this man you can read a good summary of the myriad of controversies that swirl around him - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Galloway and for those who wish to libel him be aware he's never lost a case yet !

Without doubt a great speaker and a great advocate, however his suggestion that Margaret Thatcher should burn in hell is grotesque and highly insensitive.

Edited by Scott

Here good old Gorgeous George Galloway - scourge of lackeys, timeservers and lickspittles as well as a one man party on his own a he can't seem to get on with anybody else - has the last word on the subject for me - probably the best parliamentray speakers of his generation. Time to move on and tramp the dust down. For those who are not aware of this man you can read a good summary of the myriad of controversies that swirl around him - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Galloway and for those who wish to libel him be aware he's never lost a case yet !

Without doubt a great speaker and a great advocate, however his suggestion that Margaret Thatcher should burn in hell is grotesque and highly insensitive.

Also a bit silly since there isn't such a place but then Galloway has some curious friends who if there was a hell would probably be joining her. In particular I am thinking of his one time Iraqi friend.

Edited by Scott

To save anyone else sitting through that 43 minute and 15 second dirge.........George Galloway says he didn't like Maggie Thatcher very much. coffee1.gif

Well at least he meant it. You on the other hand claim to be no friend of Thatcherism, but give a remarkable impersonation of one as evidenced by your posts on this thread. Gushing like a groupie after their first rock concert. Maybe you felt you had to say it as a sop to your fellow countrymen, the majority of whom despised her with a passion. Or perhaps you are just trying to be all things to all men. After all, poster of the year to take into consideration! Just sayin.

• Like 2

To save anyone else sitting through that 43 minute and 15 second dirge.........George Galloway says he didn't like Maggie Thatcher very much.

Well at least he meant it. You on the other hand claim to be no friend of Thatcherism, but give a remarkable impersonation of one as evidenced by your posts on this thread. Gushing like a groupie after their first rock concert. Maybe you felt you had to say it as a sop to your fellow countrymen, the majority of whom despised her with a passion. Or perhaps you are just trying to be all things to all men. After all, poster of the year to take into consideration! Just sayin.

Or maybe he simple admired her strength as a politician, and her stance on being responsible

for oneself and hardworking etc. he also stated that the UK needs a leader like her, to bring the country together, this I did find strange coming from a SNP member.

• Like 1

To save anyone else sitting through that 43 minute and 15 second dirge.........George Galloway says he didn't like Maggie Thatcher very much. coffee1.gif

i would suggest that 3 general election results blows away your "majority" myth.

• Like 1

Great news, I will celebrate with a few beers tonight.

Well done. hope you get the hang over you deserve.

Actually it was a great night.

Didn't bother watching the overpriced jamboree though, better things to do with my time.

overpriced jamboree

I don't think it was overpriced - for those of us that chipped in over the years (and those that didn't) we were treated to a FREE pomp and ceremony spectacle that only the Brits can turn out.

i would suggest that 3 general election results blows away your "majority" myth.

I was talking about Scotland.

I was talking about Scotland.

Fair comment.

A post in violation of copyright/fair use laws has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

A post in violation of copyright/fair use laws has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

That is a shame , because it was very interesting article . I will try and post a link , with a small quote .

"The coverage by the British media of Thatcher's death has been exclusively absorbed in Thatcher's canonization to such a censorial degree that we suddenly see the modern British establishment as an uncivilized entity of delusion, giving the cold shoulder to truth, and offering indescribable disgust to anyone unimpressed by Thatcher."

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_130416_01

Edited by onionluke
  • Like 2

That is a shame , because it was very interesting article . I will try and post a link , with a small quote .

"The coverage by the British media of Thatcher's death has been exclusively absorbed in Thatcher's canonization to such a censorial degree that we suddenly see the modern British establishment as an uncivilized entity of delusion, giving the cold shoulder to truth, and offering indescribable disgust to anyone unimpressed by Thatcher."

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif
every day's a school day

Unfortunately any rousing speech from George Galliway,is always undermined by his own actions,who could ever claim to be a creditable politician,having offended the people by supporting,and cuddling up to the likes of Gaddafi,to name but one of his dubious actions!

• Like 2

Unfortunately any rousing speech from George Galliway,is always undermined by his own actions,who could ever claim to be a creditable politician,having offended the people by supporting,and cuddling up to the likes of Gaddafi,to name but one of his dubious actions!

sometimes two wrongs do make a right

sometimes two wrongs do make a right

Not in Galloways case.

NEVER in Galloways case.

• Like 1

If Thatcher hadn't been voted in (3 times) you'd still be be buying your gas, electricity and communications services from the government. The only place you'd be able to get a mortgage would be at a Building Society. Rolls Royce would still be in government hands and it's unlikely it would have been allowed to become one of the major success stories in the UK.

"If Thatcher hadn't been voted in (3 times) you'd still be be buying your

gas, electricity and communications services from the government. The

only place you'd be able to get a mortgage would be at a Building

Society. Rolls Royce would still be in government hands"

Yes! and wouldn't we all be better off for it! Privatisation has benefited a few and screwed the many.

not sure about your last statement though.

• Like 2

Great news, I will celebrate with a few beers tonight.

Well done. hope you get the hang over you deserve.

Actually it was a great night.

Didn't bother watching the overpriced jamboree though, better things to do with my time.

overpriced jamboree

I don't think it was overpriced - for those of us that chipped in over the years (and those that didn't) we were treated to a FREE pomp and ceremony spectacle that only the Brits can turn out.

Excellent turnout at the big screen in Edinburgh

As I stood watching, a man walked past and remarked to me in a gruff Scottish accent "You can see how much we loved her here, can't you

the link is gaurdianwitness ..Have a look..Shows that even a free pomp The BRITS of Edinburgh Didnt turn out

Also a bit silly since there isn't such a place but then Galloway has some curious friends who if there was a hell would probably be joining her. In particular I am thinking of his one time Iraqi friend.

And Maggie s too!

• Like 1

She was at least a leader who cared about Britain ,she did not roll over to the E.U but fought for us against them and against the unions who were hell bent on destroying our great country(i remember the 3 day week ,working with no electricity and having to get around the mounds of rubbish in the street ,because the public sector were striking as usuall) she was not like Blair and co who were just in it for the money and so his wife could make a fortune out of the uman rights laws.(he also gave up our rebate that Maggie won from the E.U .we wont see her like again ,she may not have been perfect ,but at least she loved our country ,she didn't just use it,R.I.P

So many morons forget the great things she did and are only asking "whats in it for me" which was the foremost attitude with the trade unions running wild.

Excuse Me! Your grasp on reality is somewhat skewed!

The whole point of trade unions is "what's in it for US"

The whole point of Thatcherism is "what's in it for ME".

And the fair minded people were also disgusted with her foreign policy of not caring about them in the myth of putting the Great back in Britain

Please do have a look at Thatcher and her despots

• Like 1

She was at least a leader who cared about Britain ,she did not roll over to the E.U but fought for us against them and against the unions who were hell bent on destroying our great country(i remember the 3 day week ,working with no electricity and having to get around the mounds of rubbish in the street ,because the public sector were striking as usuall) she was not like Blair and co who were just in it for the money and so his wife could make a fortune out of the uman rights laws.(he also gave up our rebate that Maggie won from the E.U .we wont see her like again ,she may not have been perfect ,but at least she loved our country ,she didn't just use it,R.I.P

So many morons forget the great things she did and are only asking "whats in it for me" which was the foremost attitude with the trade unions running wild.

Excuse Me! Your grasp on reality is somewhat skewed!

The whole point of trade unions is "what's in it for US"

The whole point of Thatcherism is "what's in it for ME".

And the fair minded people were also disgusted with her foreign policy of not caring about them in the myth of putting the Great back in Britain

Please do have a look at Thatcher and her despots

And all that lingers is a very vocal minority who have done nothing more than put the grate, not the great, but the grate in to Britain.

Well done you.

Have you considered a career in public relations.

• Like 1

For those that have neither the time or inclination to watch the marvellous George Galloway speech in parliament - here are his key points.

In tetchy exchanges, Mr Galloway complained that tributes to Lady Thatcher had "gone on too long" and argued that the Commons had sat during the Second World War.

"I am sorry but this is not a national funeral. You can only have a national funeral where there is a national consensus about the person being buried," the Bradford West MP said.

"That consensus does not exist in relation to Margaret Thatcher and no matter how oft people from the frontbenches fawn upon her, pour honeyed-words upon her, even outside of this House of course, tell lies about her and her record, that won't change."

He said the events marking Lady Thatcher's death amounted to "canonisation" and were "too expensive, too elaborate, too regal".

"Don't get me wrong, I will not be celebrating at the funeral tomorrow. I believe it is wrong to celebrate at someone's funeral. But I will not agree to suspend our democracy so that some of the friends of the deceased have to make a choice between attending prime minister's question time or going to the funeral," he said.

Rolls Royce (the aero and marine division) was privatised in 1987. If BT were still government owned and had a telecoms monopoly you'd be waiting three months for a line to be installed and you'd have a choice of 2 or 3 phones. You'd also be paying £2 or £3 a minute for calls to Thailand. I don't know if you ever flew with BA while they were still government owned. They weren't much fun.

• Like 1

Rolls Royce (the aero and marine division) was privatised in 1987. If BT were still government owned and had a telecoms monopoly you'd be waiting three months for a line to be installed and you'd have a choice of 2 or 3 phones. You'd also be paying £2 or £3 a minute for calls to Thailand. I don't know if you ever flew with BA while they were still government owned. They weren't much fun.

The privatised UK utility services - gas and electricity - charge over £1000 for an average household now.

They also dodge tax eg Npower has paid no tax in 3 years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/apr/18/npower-faces-anger-tax-petition

We also have Maggie to thank for that...

Edited by katana
  • Like 2

The privatised UK utility services - gas and electricity - charge over £1000 for an average household now.

They also dodge tax eg Npower has paid no tax in 3 years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/apr/18/npower-faces-anger-tax-petition

We also have Maggie to thank for that...

Or more appropriately we might try putting the blame on sucessive governments that followed the Thatcher years for not investing in new energy sources and new power generation facilities! All Thatcher did was to privatise the original state owned facilities, it was the duty of sucessive governements to do the rest, but they didn't (I have Blair and co specifically in mind as I do for the cozy tax arangements that were made with various companies that are only now comming to light). But of course if your mindset is that you want to find things to blame on Thatcher you shouldn't let these issues stand in your way!

• Like 1