I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane On 25Th April Back To England

Notstupid30

Not bad for my standards for a living environment... whistling.gifwai2.gifcheesy.gif

Photo_on_10_04_2013_at_08_51.jpg

Well if things get bad in the uk always got theses veuve clicquot la grande dame.. thumbsup.gif

Photo_on_10_04_2013_at_08_50.jpg

now seeing that crap in your fridgebah.gif and being a man-u supporter tells me your 50p short of a £.get yourself a keg of old rosie,

now that will impress the ladies.biggrin.png

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad for my standards for a living environment... whistling.gifwai2.gifcheesy.gif

Well if things get bad in the uk always got theses veuve clicquot la grande dame.. thumbsup.gif

now seeing that crap in your fridgebah.gif and being a man-u supporter tells me your 50p short of a £.get yourself a keg of old rosie,

now that will impress the ladies.biggrin.png

Yeah true HAHAHA

Good luck back home. When was the last time you were back there?

For me the journey has just started, I moved here when I was 19.. now I am 21 with what I hope to be a great future in Thailand ahead of me.. But life can't promise anything, will just have to wait and see what happens and take life as she comes!

But all I can say is the last 2 years of my life have been the best I have ever had and to be living here at my age is a dream come true.

• Like 1

Thanks guys .. Well i've been here since i was 20 and will be 31 in may it comes a time in life where you just get fed up of a place plus all the bs what comes with it i have also lived in Bangkok / Pattaya / Phuket .. just tired these days .. plus i'm not getting any younger ...

you will never be any younger than today, do everything you can and keep going, forget age as we will all be gone sooner or later.

Nothing wrong with bailing and getting out of dodge, that is wha life is all about, but don't think of it as a failure, think of it as the next chapter...

you could always head to Oz, USA, Canada or somewhere else in Europe if you are bummed to give up he adventure.

+1

• Like 1

PS 10 years in an Asian country looks great on a resume

China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, or S Korea, maybe... Thailand, I'm not so sure. Whenever I tell professional acquaintances I'm heading up to Thailand for a while, I get these dodgy sideways glances. You've got to understand that Thailand has a very 'special' reputation in the world.

Funnily enough, I was giving a workshop to some Bangkok managers last week. When they ask me how I'd learned to speak Thai, I said it was through talking to my girlfriend. They were curious and asked what part of Thailand she came from. When I said Isaan, I got the same look.... blink.png

• Like 1

You don't have to prove yourself to some peope on here just get back and git on with it you havent even made half time yet.

31 i was only 10yrs out of my apprenticeship at 31 and some say your past it.

The mind boggles.

Best of Luck.

PS.

What age was Sir Alec when he went to Man U.

Edited by jocko

Good luck. Just remember, research on the expatriate experience indicates that it's actually harder to re-adjust to one's home country than it is to adjust to a country we've never lived in before. When you first came to Thailand 11 years you probably had some sense of the place, but you were open to the experience, ready for adventure, ready for surprises and some disorientation. When things didn't work as expected or were not efficient, you could chalk it up to cultural differences... just different priorities and different ways of doing things. For some people, this wears off ... 'cultural differences' is no longer a sufficient justification for the annoyances and obstacles you may need to deal with. This is probably an indication that you've developed a more realistic sense of the place. Of course, if this evolves into deep cynicism, it's time for you to leave.

But going back home is not necessarily straightforward. The places and people you knew have changed in ways you cannot predict. You go back with an old 'snapshot' of home in your head, and that is invariably wrong. Adjusting to this can be tougher because you have all sorts of expectations you didn't have when you first moved to that 'foreign' country. You'll need patience and resilience. ... wish you the best

• Like 2

All very valid points Docno.......once you have left your home country for a period of time you will never look at it through the same eyes again. In my opinion that's a good thing.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the OP will forever carry Thailand in his heart, and once again that's a good thing.

I came back from MT training and had a swim, when I was swimming I started rapping away in German to the only other guy in the pool, I lived there for 5 years 89 - 94. We had a right good blether. It was only after I walked out I realized I'd conducted the conversation in German, a language I was never that good at in the first place. Once a place is in your mind, it never comes out. Ever.

The trick is to accept the rough edges when you see them in your home country, apply the best of what you've learned abroad, and carry on. Even if it turns out that the UK isn't for you, that's not a problem, because you have the satisfaction of knowing at least you tried.

We only live once......get on with it. drunk.gif

• Like 1

Same story for me....almost 12 years and now packing, to the UK saturday, although I am not British so I cannot say I am going back home !

From now Thailand will be a great holiday place for me, but I prefer to work and live without double standards and idiotic working permit rules !

I'll be back here anyway when retiring, but it's too early now !

Good luck to the ones who stay !

Same story for me....almost 12 years and now packing, to the UK saturday, although I am not British so I cannot say I am going back home !

From now Thailand will be a great holiday place for me, but I prefer to work and live without double standards and idiotic working permit rules !

I'll be back here anyway when retiring, but it's too early now !

Good luck to the ones who stay !

.......and good luck to you sir wai.gif

Been there, done that. Best of luck to you and I wish you all the success you hope.

Did a few years on and off in Thailand my mid 20's and went to London in my late 20's to see what I could see. While my wife and I loved visiting the UK, but it wasn't home for us (the antipodes are) so we were back in Thailand 2 and a bit years later and things have been prosperous since (by our standards at least). You have the added advantage of the UK being 'home', which is somethig we didn't have.

Regardless of money, it is good for you to go back for a sense of perspective. Whether that lets you plant your roots more firmly in the UK or helps you move on elsewhere, only time will tell.

Hi

I wish you all the best, There is money to be made back in the uk, especially London, so if you are in the right frame of mind, got the gift of the gab, you will be fine..

As for me, I enjoy living here, the only drawback for me is the ''Driving'', you take your life in your hands just leaving the house.

Anyway, all the best and good luck

Cheers

It can take a smart and fearless guy to realise when they've had enough and to take action-get mobile and to change the situation around them.

O, every time I come back to the UK from travels it looks smaller than the last time-in the end its going to look really really small!

good luck with your next chapter in life, NotStupid30 clap2.gif

Btw if you can, please start a thread '6 months on...' after the summer it would allow us all to further chew over your life storywink.png

It's not time to make a changeJust relax, take it easyYou're still young that's your faultThere's so much you have to know

Find a girl, settle downIf you want, you can marryLook at me, I am old but I'm happy

I was once like you are nowAnd I know that it's not easyTo be calm when you've foundSomething going on

And take your time, think a lotThink of everthing you've gotFor you will still be here tomorrowBut your dreams may not

Read more: RONAN KEATING - FATHER AND SON LYRICS

Ronan Keating !!!.........How about Cat Stevens !

There is a whole word to see... starting over is great fun at any age.. find a real girl and maybe even a new trade.. England has some great music and fun you wound find in thailanxy

So true can't wait to get back to my hometown Manchester thumbsup.gif

I hear Manchester is finished now... they've now got electricity.....rolleyes.gif

All very valid points Docno.......once you have left your home country for a period of time you will never look at it through the same eyes again. In my opinion that's a good thing.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the OP will forever carry Thailand in his heart, and once again that's a good thing.

I came back from MT training and had a swim, when I was swimming I started rapping away in German to the only other guy in the pool, I lived there for 5 years 89 - 94. We had a right good blether. It was only after I walked out I realized I'd conducted the conversation in German, a language I was never that good at in the first place. Once a place is in your mind, it never comes out. Ever.

The trick is to accept the rough edges when you see them in your home country, apply the best of what you've learned abroad, and carry on. Even if it turns out that the UK isn't for you, that's not a problem, because you have the satisfaction of knowing at least you tried.

We only live once......get on with it. drunk.gif

I often walk around Sukhumvit talking to myself in Swahili,I normally come back with lots of business cards!rolleyes.gif

There is a whole word to see... starting over is great fun at any age.. find a real girl and maybe even a new trade.. England has some great music and fun you wound find in thailanxy

So true can't wait to get back to my hometown Manchester thumbsup.gif

I hear Manchester is finished now... they've now got electricity.....rolleyes.gif

This is how it will go :

Get home in Spring,the novelty and shops that sell everything and they don't just give you a blank stare when you ask for a specific product,this is heaven!

Summer just amazing,no better place to be!Flowers,birds and bees all those pub beer gardens,it doesn't get any better than this!

Autumn,getting a bit colder and darker now but still loving it,all the leaves falling off the trees,I remember kicking my way through them when I was a kid!

Winter,freezing cold,dark by 3:30pm,everyone whingeing and moaning and getting sick.Get me out of here,back to Thailand!

• Like 1

What would the naysayers have the OP do? It's not as if it's easy to find legitimate, well-paying work in Thailand.

At least back in Blighty, (dependent upon his experience) he'd be able to get a decent-paying position without having to jump through the hoops the labour laws here put in front of you.

Not saying it's gonna be a walk in the park for him but anyone with a bit of common sense who doesn't rule out anything without a company car and an expense account will be able to get sorted soon enough

Ladbroke Grove...reminds me of my old dad...born at #9 Rillington Place...!

I moved 08 2011, with GF and son.

Dont ever move in one swift stroke. Go start work on your new life and leave things as they still are in Thailand. Until you are up and running then you come grade over your Thailand existence.

The rashness and speed of my move, is still dogging me to this day.

Plan and have plan B and plan C.

Thailand is like a drug, take your time weane yourself off it.

It's not time to make a changeJust relax, take it easyYou're still young that's your faultThere's so much you have to know

Find a girl, settle downIf you want, you can marryLook at me, I am old but I'm happy

I was once like you are nowAnd I know that it's not easyTo be calm when you've foundSomething going on

And take your time, think a lotThink of everthing you've gotFor you will still be here tomorrowBut your dreams may not

Read more: RONAN KEATING - FATHER AND SON LYRICS

Wasnt that Cat Stevens Father and Son ??

11 years is a long time in a thai bar if you start at 20.

The guy is probably a waster.

I do note that you brought a new low to the Maggie Thatcher is Dead thread.........it takes wits, intelligence and imagination to be a troll and in these areas you are quite obviously lacking.

I apologize to the mods for calling out a new member as a troll so quickly however check his brief posting history and I think you'll tend to agree.

I left good ol blighty to get away from people who could twist words.

New low on the MT thread?

Depends where you are judging from.

At 31 I had 4 sons to take care of.

OP has his journey ahead. It's his post, not yours, not mine.

Thanks again people my experiences here have been up and down like everybody else's these days reason for going home is to make money and also see the world while i'm still young .. Plus running around after girls gets boring plus seating in bars isn't healthy these days and on top of this Thailand has changed these days to what i remember like 6 years ago ...

You are right, it is not like 6 years ago. Thailand is developing fast, the average thai is now better educated and more informed than before. And with the influx of the Russian, Chinese & Indian family tourists, the quality western tourists and expats living in Patts and all over Isaan are no longer held in the same high esteem.

Not bad for my standards for a living environment... :whistling::wai2::cheesy:

Well if things get bad in the uk always got theses veuve clicquot la grande dame.. :thumbsup:

Is that your Salford apartment ?

Nah Sathorn apartment and when in the Uk i like to stay wilmslow cheshire,

Rich father or dodgy earnings or am I missing something OP?

I've got sons your age.