I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane On 25Th April Back To England

Notstupid30

Like Mr Worldwide said, Thanks for keeping us updated. One thing I learned by staying in Thailand for 6 months rather than the usual one month holiday is that Thailand changes you in subtle ways. And, you don't realize it is happening. Thailand is now part of my life even though I don't want to leave Canada on a permanent basis.

• Like 1

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have been back in England since 26th April 2013 all I can say is wow it has changed a lot in the 11 years been away ..

Culture shock is the right word I’m looking also price of living these days over here is very expansive compared to living in Asia for a number of years I would say since back I have spent around £5000.

Smoking has become a very expensive habit £8.30 a pint of beer these days is £3.80 or a night out your taking around £100 also just to do some basic shopping these days for a few days work out something like £50 a time.. A week bus pass these days work out around £14.50 plus getting a job isn't easy as when apply for a job there a huge turnout for the job you maybe applying for plus minimum wage hours at £6.20 also signing on works out at £71 a week ..

Even looking for a return flight back to Thailand works out over here around £700 compared to £500 booking in Thailand for a one way ticket plus I should be back in the land of smile around the end of august ..

It took me a good year and quite a few crappy jobs till I got myself really sorted....you've given up after 3 or so months.....

In my experience of people living in Thailand and trying to make a life for themselves...if you gave up on things after 3 months then you best have plenty of savings to back your lifestyle up...

working a crappy job wherever you are in the world doesn't fill anyone with pride or achievement...however I find it more viable to get a better job is to have one in the first place, that way you don't seem desperate and clutching at straws...

Sincerely wish you the best of luck....still nice weather over here at the moment isn't it thumbsup.gif

Well I have been back in England since 26th April 2013 all I can say is wow it has changed a lot in the 11 years been away ..

Culture shock is the right word I’m looking also price of living these days over here is very expansive compared to living in Asia for a number of years I would say since back I have spent around £5000.

Smoking has become a very expensive habit £8.30 a pint of beer these days is £3.80 or a night out your taking around £100 also just to do some basic shopping these days for a few days work out something like £50 a time.. A week bus pass these days work out around £14.50 plus getting a job isn't easy as when apply for a job there a huge turnout for the job you maybe applying for plus minimum wage hours at £6.20 also signing on works out at £71 a week ..

Even looking for a return flight back to Thailand works out over here around £700 compared to £500 booking in Thailand for a one way ticket plus I should be back in the land of smile around the end of august ..

Guess it's always greener on the other side until you get to the other side.

Yep, that's how it is. That's why I keep encouraging the malcontents to leave Thailand and check out these "greener pastures."

So what do you intend to do here in terms of bringing in the readies?

Not that you need telling since you lived here for 11 years but it's not like jobs for Westerners are in abundance.

This guy left 5 days ago - yet the thread keeps going and going....

It's called a discussion forum for a reason - someone starts a discussion and others continue said discussion. If you feel that we have strayed OT, fine, but I'm not aware of any board where the ongoing participation of the OP is considered mandatory.

@berkshire, fwiw I'm 100% with you, but said malcontents have been a lot less vocal since the pound started to regain some ground against the baht.

On the plus side. the financial incentives to give up smoking are great.

Marks & Spencer "Dine in for 2" for a tenner. (500B). 2 starters, 2 mains, side dish & 2 desserts PLUS a bottle of wine is not be sneered at.

Seasons.

Higher survival rates on public transport and motorways.

Truth is that both places have their pro's & cons. I doubt you would be feeling so negative about the UK if you had managed to land a decent job. If things aren't working out for you then I can understand deciding to come back here. Good luck.

yuk yuk you sound like the high end visitor thailand needs...not.

i cant see where he says he put a gun to anyones head.

is that what you have an issues with, he didnt mention or use a gun anywhere?

(i can see myself getting banned for heresy for posting that comment on here)

Edited by banned1000

On the plus side. the financial incentives to give up smoking are great.

Marks & Spencer "Dine in for 2" for a tenner. (500B). 2 starters, 2 mains, side dish & 2 desserts PLUS a bottle of wine is not be sneered at.

Seasons.

Higher survival rates on public transport and motorways.

Truth is that both places have their pro's & cons. I doubt you would be feeling so negative about the UK if you had managed to land a decent job. If things aren't working out for you then I can understand deciding to come back here. Good luck.

op cant complain about a 14.50 bus pass ,thats a bargain , i live in london within the underground network and my weekly ticket would be 40 quid for 5 days or 48 if i work saturday, i use a motorbike though so dont have them costs ,some blokes on our job travelling into central london from luton and chelmsford are 120 quid a week for a travel card......your 14.95 bus pass is surely a bargain.

really as roamer says above you do need a decent paying job in the uk to stop life being such a struggle.