Diner In Bayoke Tower

Harryvb

Hallo

We like to go for diner at the Bayoke roof restaurant.

Do we need to make reservation ?

Any idea about the price and wat do you get for the price , is it like a buffet ?

brgds

Harry

Not sure of the price or if you have to book because i went with work.

Yes is a buffet and what a buffet it is. The choice of food is unbelievable and all top quality produce. You will not walk away hungry i can tell you that much.

I ate there about 6 months ago, but didn't have a great experience. They forgot to reserve a good table for us despite our confirmed booking.

On the day we went, there was supposed to be a lobster buffet but the lobsters were some form of small crayfish which weren't as delicious as the prawns.

To add, the tables near the good seafood got to swipe all the best stuff seconds of it arriving at the table so you've got to be quick on your feet to get what you want which takes away from a good dining experience.

There is a lot of food however, and I thought it was ok, nothing special; but I'm very critical when it comes to food and restaurants. I can recommend the ham which was good.

food is suck there..not yummy :o

but good enuf if u wanna see Bkk as bird eyes view

http://www.baiyoke.co.th/baiyokesky/promorate.html

Great Views from the restaurant , but the food is shocking, we took friends from UK for a meal last june and it ruined their holiday, they got really bad food poisoning, lots of better value and quality seafood buffets in Bkk.Nignoy

Blah! The place is a cafeteria on the top a building with a great view! Food horrible. Getting to Pratunam is horrible as sky train is not near. Traffic chaos at its best!! The place is in the middle of a market! There are so many other great buffets in Bangkok that this is worth a miss! Yes there is lots of food but just very basic with horrible dry desserts! Give it a miss or just pay the 100 baht and go see the view during the day when traffic is at least moving! Of course the market is still open!

the food at that buffet is terrible , as another poster said , its just a (very noisy) cafeteria with a great view.

if you are lucky enough to get a window seat , your enjoyment will be spoiled not only by the poor quality of the food , but by your being disturbed constantly by ill - mannered korean and chinese tourists who stand next to your table having photos taken.

that buffet seems to be part of every package tourists bangkok experience.

other tall buildings have better restaurants i believe.

Food not very good there instead go to vertigo restauranrt on top of skyscraper at the banyan tree hotel in Bangkok amazing food and view, great service and menu its on the 55th floor outside on the very top of the building. Went a couple of months ago......... fantastic! not cheap you could pay between £30 and £50 per head for a 3 course meal with drinks but its well woth it! :o

I think i just eat on the market and pay the 100 bath to have a look around.

If anyone now a good inexpensive restaurant i be happy to here but between £30 and £50 is over ore budget ,looking for a restaurant more like 500 bath/person.

I think i just eat on the market and pay the 100 bath to have a look around.

If anyone now a good inexpensive restaurant i be happy to here but between £30 and £50 is over ore budget ,looking for a restaurant more like 500 bath/person.

Chep Charly :o

When I visited, a big discount had been arranged for us - the price still seemed steep for what it was. The view is magnificent (although the restaurant isn't a revolving one) however, and did I mention that the ham was good? I must've eaten half the entire ham on my own!

I met the manager at a function a couple of months ago, he was extremely proud of the restaurant and was assuring about the quality...everyone who had visited it made eye contact with knowing smiles. :o

One of my favourite places for Thai food, and where I always take visitors is in the basement of Erawan (Chit Lom BTS), by the fountain. The braised beef with spicy green curry sauce is excellent...but ped mak mah!!!

Used to stay at the Baiyoke Sky all the time, if I was still awake at 0500, always head up for breakfast, a great view and good food as u watch Bangkok wake up for the day.....But dinner...forget it....sh#t house food, noise, bad seating, large tour groups...

Head for the Sky Bar...its ok (just ok) for a couple of warm up drinks before u head out for the night.....also the outside lift is worth taking when ur leaving....

In fact, the food in the Lobby res, is fantastic...eat there, then go up for a look and a few drinks....

Edited by Siam_superfly

Yes is a buffet and what a buffet it is.
”Diner”, French for dinner, is to me a more elaborate affair than a buffet, regardless how good the buffet food may be.

---------------

Maestro

Baiyoke sky is a really average place to eat. The views are quite fantastic from the top, but as far as eating is concerned this hotel caters for large tour groups and all food is done in bulk and is very average in quality. The tour groups obviously kill any atmosphere you may have gotten from the views. They also need to do an interior renovation of that restaurant in my opinion.

In a completely different class though? Vertigo at the Bayan Tree hotel. Beautiful views, food, atmosphere and service. Not in the same price category as baiyoke sky though.

:o Guess i went on a good day then

Don't worry my family and I are with ya. Went there three or four times and well, never left hungry or food poisoned. Noticed the tours but heck when you live in BKK crowded, noisy places are quite common.

Usually, we go for the view when we get a first time visitor but also personally still favour heaps of decent food over nouvelle cuisine. Latter forcing you to eat the plate, table cloth and possibly the sweet waitress as dessert to have enough calories ingested to cope with the bill.

See you up Bayoke.

Richard :D

Not to divert the thread, but if you want a unique view...

Grand China Princess has a rotating restaraunt in China Town -Thanon Yaoworat.

There aren't many tall buildings there and it's in old Bangkok.

Food and service were fine.

Edited by ding