Phibun Immigration Yoday Extending 60 Day Visa

highlander403

from a thread i started on visa section just thought i would give my findings in issan section.........

well just to keep you informed,went to phibun immigration today and was very surprised took my passport right away gave me a form and asked for photo then asked for copy of visa tm and info pages of passport checked them stamped all 3 which i signed, copy of the wifes id card asked for (we always carry one) stamped then signed, handed over 1900 baht, by this point the wife was laughing and joking with all 3 at the front desk, yes guys laughing and joking.

was even informed i could go to chonmek to get 60 days if i wanted ,told to sit and wait, 25 mins later called over to check everything ok in and out in 40 mins no hassles whatsoever..

scotty.

ps didnt need the pen i took as she handed me her own one to fill out form and sign copies

How do you get the 60 day visa ( visiting Thai family)?

Can you get it at Phibun or do have to go to Chong Mek and then back to Phibun?

What documentation do they want for the visa?

Thanks Mike

not sure what kind of 60 day visa they were talking about as i only needed 20 days i never asked

but they did say i had to go to chonmek for it, but as i had wifey there it could ob been family one

scotty

They were referring to a 60 day extension (not a visa) to visit a Thai wife or child.

The Chong Mek comment meant going there or a 15 day visa exempt entry and then getting the 60 day extension of that entry.

I can in on a visa on arrvial( just US passport). When to Phiboon just to ask. With no picture. They told me where to go downtown for pix, kept my passport and filled out forms for me. By the time I got back everthing was done