Wi-Fi Receiver With Rj 45 Connection

givenall

Is there anyway to change a Wi-Fi router to a Wi-Fi receiver.

I have a smart TV that has a RJ 45 internet connection. I would like to receive Wi-Fi signal from my Wi-Fi router, so it would be nice to change my spare router to a Wi-Fi receiver. if not possible can anyone suggest a Wi-Fi receiver Wi-Fi product with internet RJ45 connection instead of USB

Simply plug it into your LAN port on your PC - then open a web browser to that IP Address you assigned to it - login and change the wifi Access Point details, once you have set it up correctly with correct gateways and DNS for your network, plug it into the TV and off you go.

I have found here you may not want to use the local ISP DNS entries depending on what you want to watch.

TV model and brand?

Samsung Smart tv. I know Samsung has an USB Wi-Fi adaptor, but I want to use the RJ connection since some times I want to also use for video streaming using my setop box

I found a brand called Tenda but very hard to find in Bangkok

If I understand you correctly, you want to plug your smart TV & set top box into the LAN (RJ45) ports on your spare WiFi router which in turn will be connected via WiFi to your main router located somewhere else in the house.

If so, that should be very easy. This configuration is generally referred to as "WiFi client mode" You don't need any particular brand or model to do that.

If you google "WiFi client mode" together with the model of your WiFi router/AP I'm sure you will find step by step instructions.